can't pull a trailer behind holiday trailer

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 20 meters to english is about 65.5 feet. I wont do all the math cause that would take the fun out of this match. :rolleyes:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as it states in the class 5 licensing rules you can only pull a trailer not a trailer or combination of trailers. the guy that told me was a close friend that is rc. been for 15 yrs. i believe him onver someone who still has their gdl. sorry. have you ever pulled a combination of 2 trailers. it is alot different than a single say 40 ft holiday trailer. which i am yet to see a 40 ft bumper pull holiday trailer?

i will leave it at that because this thread is the same as the sled deck on a half ton stuff.everybody wants to putin their 2 cents on wether its legal or not but nobody has actually done the research or testing to find out. we all assume to much.

however you have agood point on the evrybody gets weighed/checked at the scale idea. but in alberta that would only work for 2 weeks in the summer anyways because they are always closed any other time.
The reason I call it bs is class 1 over class 3 is for AIR BRAKES you can pull a 50ft trailer or anything without air on the trailer with a class 3 or less depending. So yes anyone who said that needs a class 1 is clueless. I also said 40ft 5th wheel, really not much difference you can either tow a big load or not. I can pull the same trailer as a full class 5 with my gdl FYI. And I know because in a month or so I will have my class 1. Ask any DOT etc they will tell you.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason I call it bs is class 1 over class 3 is for AIR BRAKES you can pull a 50ft trailer or anything without air on the trailer with a class 3 or less depending. So yes anyone who said that needs a class 1 is clueless. I also said 40ft 5th wheel, really not much difference you can either tow a big load or not. I can pull the same trailer as a full class 5 with my gdl FYI. And I know because in a month or so I will have my class 1. Ask any DOT etc they will tell you.

Sure you go ask a DOT about pulling a trailer behind a truck and see what he tells you.:rolleyes:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure you go ask a DOT about pulling a trailer behind a truck and see what he tells you.:rolleyes:

If you don't know all the laws you shouldn't be hauling/towing it. Most would be happy to explain laws, commercial or not. I don't need to ask because it's my job to know what I can and cannot drive per the lisence. It is mind boggling that a lot of people pull these big trailers and don't know any of the regulations. I don't know won't get you far, nowhere at all if they see you have a class 1. Ignorance isn't a excuse.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't know all the laws you shouldn't be hauling/towing it. Most would be happy to explain laws, commercial or not. I don't need to ask because it's my job to know what I can and cannot drive per the lisence. It is mind boggling that a lot of people pull these big trailers and don't know any of the regulations. I don't know won't get you far, nowhere at all if they see you have a class 1. Ignorance isn't a excuse.

Pretty sure i know what the DOT will tell you. As far as the rules yep got those covered too. Unless you want to talk the rules of pasenger cars/trucks because then it is all grey, as for commercial yep i know those somenights i cant sleep because of them, And there is very little grey in those. Every province, state and teritory have different rules. It is fun almost like a full time job

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highmarked the toilet in my bathroom the other day - I got the piss to go up and over the towel bar. It was killer!

One time I pissed over 70 ft - Beat that beotches. This is a true story and I have photos to prove it. If you want to know how I did it I will tell you later.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highmarked the toilet in my bathroom the other day - I got the piss to go up and over the towel bar. It was killer!

One time I pissed over 70 ft - Beat that beotches. This is a true story and I have photos to prove it. If you want to know how I did it I will tell you later.

Thank your lucky stars you don't live in my house! LOL You'd be cleaning bathrooms............ with a black eye. :eek:

Last edited:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where is the proof , i call over a bank or ditch.....:beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank your lucky stars you don't live in my house! LOL You'd be cleaning bathrooms............ with a black eye. :eek:

You know I'm kidding......:D

Where is the proof , i call over a bank or ditch.....:beer:

Have pics at home, probably not appropriate for this forum but you are close: I peed off a train bridge.

I have also peed off a cliff in the 700 ft-height range but I didn't take pics and it didn't really sound as believable. I also could not see if it hit the ground or not so I don't really know if it made the full 700 ft drop due to wind direction etc, so I really can't make the full claim that I peed all the way to the ground the full 700 ft.

But if you want to go stand at the bottom and tell me if it makes it or not, I will try it again. :D

Top Bottom