Fire Season 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone being evacuated by these fires in the Entwhistle area?

We have friends bringing a couple horses here as they were evacuated a couple hours ago. They can only fit 2 horses in their stock trailer. Leaving behind a bunch of livestock. Hoping for the best to everyone involved.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_7825.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've already seen ditches right off highways burnt. Only way that happens is someone is throwing there butt out the window. They need to grab a brain, that butt will light up when it blows in the ditch
Lots of idiots on quads and side by sides ripping in the long grass on the highway between here and Wabamun today, that's another great way to spark a fire.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've already seen ditches right off highways burnt. Only way that happens is someone is throwing there butt out the window. They need to grab a brain, that butt will light up when it blows in the ditch

That is not the only way a ditch burns, semi trucks probably cause more ditch fires than smokes lol but keep blaming the smokers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how the fire started, this is not a good situation, I was surprised to see the fire ratings as low as they have been considering the temps and the wind.
This spring is as dry as the April when I was working in Fort Mac. May 1 is when that big fire lit.
In all my years living on this property In Edson, I have never been able to get my lawn mower on my yard in Mid April.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7fbaa049-.JPG
this was their back yard this afternoon. They are north of 16 and west of 22. Bunch of dozers, couple choppers all on their half section and the 1/4 next door. A decent fire break around their place but the wind is all over the place. Not helping that's for sure.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 268633this was their back yard this afternoon. They are north of 16 and west of 22. Bunch of dozers, couple choppers all on their half section and the 1/4 next door. A decent fire break around their place but the wind is all over the place. Not helping that's for sure.
Very scary stuff. Stay safe out there guys. Hard not to panic looking at that.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heard talk of a OHV ban till rain comes. Cant blame them but it should be a complete bush ban of all unnecessary users

Reactions: RXN

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor is that the big fire was started by a golfer smoking a cigar. Hope that is not the case bit it does say human caused on the website

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are two different fires in that area, this big fire is not near the golf course unless there is another golf course north of 16 I dont know about?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slave Lake was similar weather to this too, dry April May and then fires. Flooded in June with record setting downpoors. Ft Mac was the same.

We need rain. The farmers are out seeding and this morning the horizon was obscured with dust it's so dry.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slave Lake was similar weather to this too, dry April May and then fires. Flooded in June with record setting downpoors. Ft Mac was the same.

We need rain. The farmers are out seeding and this morning the horizon was obscured with dust it's so dry.

I was present for the slave lake events I went back into town while it was fully on fire to get my crotch rocket and it looked like a scene out of terminator .

And then After the 8 hour stand by evac in 2019 also…. I went and upped my insurance so much between asset cash and live out I can just put a huge down payment on a different house and defer my current mortgage then just sell the rebuild if a guy has to lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom