Can i tow this trailer comfortably?

Bandit_750

Reaction score
Truck

2006 Dodge ram 2500, 6 speed 5.9 cummins with air bags

Trailer
2012 Heartlant torque tq321 fifth wheel toyhauler with a weight of 11,122 lbs dry.

Specs on websites say roughly 12,800-13,000 lbs with my truck.

What do you guys think, am i going to destroy my truck, tranny, clutch???

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truck will pull it fine.........but that is a big heavy unit for a 2500 SRW.........if it were a dully you would be legal and more comfortable.....lots of power in the cummins to tow that trailer but I like to have the extra wheels.
How much trailer are you used too towing......? With air bags and load range E tires you should be ok with the 5th wheel.

Bandit_750

Reaction score
I tow 60ftit portable flare stacks loaded with pipe comfortable. They would be in the range of 7-8k (quesing)

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i pull a 40 foot tri axle toy hauler with my ford superduty no problems

Attachments

• toy hauler.jpg
    toy hauler.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 563

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once ur loaded up you will be way over your legal limit. I think you will be able to pull it fine but stopping I'm not to sure on.
I was in the same situation last year and in the end went with a TT because my 2500 wasn't rated even close to what I needed for one of those beasts.
A 3500 dually is the proper tow unit for those I think but it would suck driving around a dually, I would get the 3500 srw if I did it.
Just my opinion.:beer:

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't have a problem. Only difference from 2500 to srw 3500 is a couple overload springs, but you have airbags anyway. Just make sure your running a good load range e tire.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want the biggest trailer money can buy then why pull it with a cheaper truck. Get a 1 ton dually that is made to pull that trailer. if it's windy you are gonna risk blowing of the road or worse yet killing yourselves or someone else. Better yet. You won't be that dick doing 70 km over loaded on a long weekend with 40 plus units behind you. That super pisses me off when a unit can't maintain hwy speeds cause of a load that's to big. I have a dually/ toyhauler combo and can do 130 while uphill getting road head and rolling one up and still Pull my trailer safely. Lol

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want the biggest trailer money can buy then why pull it with a cheaper truck. Get a 1 ton dually that is made to pull that trailer. if it's windy you are gonna risk blowing of the road or worse yet killing yourselves or someone else. Better yet. You won't be that dick doing 70 km over loaded on a long weekend with 40 plus units behind you. That super pisses me off when a unit can't maintain hwy speeds cause of a load that's to big. I have a dually/ toyhauler combo and can do 130 while uphill getting road head and rolling one up and still Pull my trailer safely. Lol
Yep, cause having a dually automatically gives you more horsepower:rolleyes:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won't have a problem. Only difference from 2500 to srw 3500 is a couple overload springs, but you have airbags anyway. Just make sure your running a good load range e tire.

X2 on this....... Same everything besides the overloads.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you would be better off, and much safer with a dually. As said before, there's one thing in getting it going, but another in keeping it on the road and being able to stop.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tow a bigger toy hauler than the one he is looking at and have had no problems so far towing with a SRW truck (1ton though). I have towed with both SRW and DRW and yes there is a difference but I think he will be ok if his tires are up to the task. He will be overloaded and if he gets caught or in an accident it will be his responsibility.

Bandit_750

Reaction score
so, i have decided against this trailer because i dont want the payment of $560 /mth for 10 yrs and i think it is going to lead to me being single. the gf is pissed.

Top Bottom