2012 Ford F250 Diesel or Cummins?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK,

So are there seatbelts in the sleeper??
I can't see 4 peeps on the front seat of that, unless it's an auto//

I pulled the bottom bed out, and built a wrap-around lounge in it's place. I put an rv style table in it so the kids can color, or whatever, going down the road. It has 3 sets of seatbelts incase one of the kids brings a friend, or the wife pisses me off she can go ride back there.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Fuel mileage, for me, isn't a huge concern...it's still cheaper than taking two vehicles out camping. My math is a little different than most...as I use an imperial gallon (4.54l vs. 3.78l) when figuring out my mpg...always have, so it's tough to change...Cyle's probably going to flame me here cause there's no such thing an an imperial gallon. All I know is I stuff almost 600 liters into the tanks twice a summer, and the truck sits all winter.

has that rig moved more than twice this summer Grubby?

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 4x4 megacab stock 50,000km at 110 kph 14.6l/100 my friends 08 dually ext cab 4x4 with exhaust,intake and chip 10.2l/100 at 110kph

Guys I am a cummins fan don't get me wrong but the new Ford's are getting impressive milage.

I have debated the whole gas vs diesel thing to death in my head (im slow at making large financial decisions)

I need a family vehicle so large cab is needed or i'd keep my 02 forever.

I can't stand it when kids in car seats can kick the back of the seat.

Stock dodges are now getting about 22 litres to 100 km (driving say 110-115kmph) (that sucks still hearing some guys complaining after deletes)

I heard the new Ford is WAY better on diesel. My truck will mostly be a long haul family vehicle ( i travel a lot) so comfort and reliability are my main issues. I tow a trailer 7-9 thousand pounds only twice per year. I don't due a lot of gravel road driving but need ground clearence for a short 8k trip into my fav fishing whole and cabin so dirty max is out!

I love the cummins 6 speed manual tranny does Ford have one?

Not looking to start a debate here. Honestly just wanna hear from guys who have them. This is not a Gas for diesel quesiton either... nothing makes me sicker on road trip then passing everyone only to have to stop and get gas to start all over again! BC is worse for that then AB cause of the narrow roads!

I also have a large 330 lbs handicapped dad and I love to take him fishing/hunting with me so cab room and comfort are a must. I have never even been in the cab of a large ford!

LAST but not least through a friend I have been told I can get any chrysler product for 25$ above dealer invoice???? How would I know? Anyone have any input on that

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa u can't just say no ??

U do it to the other 1/2. Why not work too

sent from my htc

Side Show

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ford single wheel crew cab short box, leveled with 35s. 12.7L/100km empty at 110km/hr without speedo correction. I used to have a done up 2005 cummins, and the only thing I miss is the cloud of coal dust when I hit the throttle. I have 72,000km on the Ford without a hiccup. Fuel consumption increases to about 16.5L/100km with a 12,000lb enclosed. I have to give a HUGE thanks to the crap service department at Northland dodge for steering me towards the Ford. Best truck I have ever owned

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ford single wheel crew cab short box, leveled with 35s. 12.7L/100km empty at 110km/hr without speedo correction. I used to have a done up 2005 cummins, and the only thing I miss is the cloud of coal dust when I hit the throttle. I have 72,000km on the Ford without a hiccup. Fuel consumption increases to about 16.5L/100km with a 12,000lb enclosed. I have to give a HUGE thanks to the crap service department at Northland dodge for steering me towards the Ford. Best truck I have ever owned

H&s chip and straight pipe with all the deletes will give you a nice cloud of coal dust when you hit the throttle ;)

Sent from a iPhone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345984917.796150.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345984917.796150.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 135

fodf350

Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy, everybody has a story. I owned a 6.0l f350 2003, that never gave me an oz of grief stock, but several others had issues, mostly chipped guys w/stretched head studs. I bought a new 2011 F350 cause I wanted to treat myself. I love my truck and it only has 50K, but runs pretty awesome. I just wish it had a bigger tank, and a heated steering wheel. It has a 12v heater to warm cab up, until truck is up to temp, then switches automatically to engine heat, which is pretty cool. I'll never buy a black interior again, as its lots of maintenence (cleaning). I paid 61K + extras, gst in July 2010 under Ford family pricing. Sticker was 76'500$. I thought it was fair (from Kentwood)97st, but service is brutal if you can find parking. I would have bought mine from Heartland Ford in Fort Sask, cause their service is awesome for a guy who never bought through them. If Ford wouldn't have offered the 6.7, my second choice was Dodge. I just can't stand how a quad can't fit in their box without the endgate down, thats brutal. The Longhorn is nice but overboard with gaudy "Cowboy glitter", and crappy tassles/buckles, which sort of makes it look cheesy. Don't get me wrong, they have come a long ways. Anyways, the mileage of a 3500 isn't great, to say the least. My buddies always complain about it, it is not the old 5.9. Well it's a big decision, and a whole lotta cash, so I hope it works out for you. I love my Ford, but Dodge would be my second choice of the big 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom