Picked up a new 6.7l super duty

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! Try stanadyne for the fuel conditioner. It's approved by ford GM and dodge, GCL diesel sells it in calgary, not sure where else it's sold. Use te performance formula with the blue label.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried these?

On their way. Neighbour put them on his lifted Ford front and back (has front leafs) and it made a HUGE difference. Started asking around and talking to other users. Along with a better shock like Bilstein, it really improves the ride.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Let me know how you like them.

Will do. Bilsteins alone really mellowed the ride a fair bit. Sulastics will take out the little hits. Place i got them from said they sell a ton of them, mostly to Chev owners for some reason.

css

Reaction score
I just bought 2012 f350 a few month ago. i have 10000kms on it so far and its been good. the only thing is did was rear air bags, a hellwig heavy duty rear sway bar and some rigid LED lights. Its not as smooth as my duramax but for a one ton i think its pretty good. Might try some biltstin 5100's and see if that will soften it up just a bit.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought 2012 f350 a few month ago. i have 10000kms on it so far and its been good. the only thing is did was rear air bags, a hellwig heavy duty rear sway bar and some rigid LED lights. Its not as smooth as my duramax but for a one ton i think its pretty good. Might try some biltstin 5100's and see if that will soften it up just a bit.

Did you put the air bags on just to get rid of sag when loaded? I'm curious on how much mine will squat with 2500 on the back.

css

Reaction score
Ya i just have them to level the truck out with the sled deck and make it more stable. Although the f350 being two inches hire on the back than the 350 I probably could have got away with out them but i like to be a little over kill when it comes to hauling and towing trailers.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My heaviest load will be carrying my rzr and towing my trailer so I'm curious how much it will sag. My 250 had air bags to level things out but I was hoping this one wouldn't need them.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I brought my 40' toyhauler home the other day with my '11 ford dually. It only squatted
An inch or two. I was concerned that there would be enough tongue weight to hail out the ass end of my truck, but im not going to bother with bags....it rides great.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its hit or miss. My brother in laws 7.3 was a pain in the ass where lots of guys had great success with thiers. Congrats on the truck.

danmilton87

Reaction score
My heaviest load will be carrying my rzr and towing my trailer so I'm curious how much it will sag. My 250 had air bags to level things out but I was hoping this one wouldn't need them.

Itll sag a bit i tow a 27 ft trailer and with a full tidy tank and trailer full of water it was sitting pretty low but its the cornering that i like the airbags for it dont lean much with 30-50 psi in them plus it dont look like im over loaded
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366819570.885693.jpg

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Itll sag a bit i tow a 27 ft trailer and with a full tidy tank and trailer full of water it was sitting pretty low but its the cornering that i like the airbags for it dont lean much with 30-50 psi in them plus it dont look like im over loaded
View attachment 154874

Thanks for the pic. Got one with the trailer hooked up? I am going to try without bags at first to see how it works.

Do you have the controller? If so, any pics of where you mounted it?

danmilton87

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. Got one with the trailer hooked up? I am going to try without bags at first to see how it works.

Do you have the controller? If so, any pics of where you mounted it?

I might get a pic all loaded up tomorrow if not i wont for a couple weeks but there was a problem with the tranny in first gear pulling i heard about and airbags solved that so look into that to but this is were we mounted the psi thing and switch
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366852260.190873.jpg
Its out the way and i hardly ever kick it super easy to put there too

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I heard something about a few people complaining about a shudder when towing heavy loads. I don't think it was transmission related though. Sounded more like axle wrap under heavy loads.

Top Bottom