camo extreme will it help???

slederite

Reaction score
i am considering swapping out factory track on my 08 mtx for a camo extreme, is it going to make a noticeable difference. Any input would be helpful. Thannks

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am considering swapping out factory track on my 08 mtx for a camo extreme, is it going to make a noticeable difference. Any input would be helpful. Thannks

I have done it and would suggest it is one of the better upgrades you can do to the Nytro. I went from the 153x15 Maverick to a 162x16 Camo Extreme and it was like a different sled. With the Maverick I had to make sure I stopped pointing downhill so I wouldn't get stuck. Plus the Maverick is a soft track to you will probably notice the lugs are bending over.

You will probably find other threads on here about this and I would suggest all of them suggest it is a good thing to do. Just go to seach and type in "Maverick".

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I went through 2 mavericks on my 06 Apex then went to a CE. The CE's a much better track.

While your swapping tracks I'd extend to 162".

Rufer19

Reaction score
I have a '10 Nytro with the "updated" Maverick track and it was bending over so I picked up a used 156" C.E. and wow what a difference. It's like adding 10hp because you can actually get to places now. I would recommend going to a 162" though. I also installed my Maverick on my bro's 08' Nytro and put it on backwards. Funny thing, it seems to actually really work well, and the lugs haven't fold over half yet.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '10 Nytro with the "updated" Maverick track and it was bending over so I picked up a used 156" C.E. and wow what a difference. It's like adding 10hp because you can actually get to places now. I would recommend going to a 162" though. I also installed my Maverick on my bro's 08' Nytro and put it on backwards. Funny thing, it seems to actually really work well, and the lugs haven't fold over half yet.

I put my stock Maverick on backwards after blowing my CE......dont know if it because I can get full boost now but it climbs much better......I even turned the boost down to 14 PSI and it still is crazy......I went from a 2 1/2 paddle down to a 2 inch and it seems to work better......it must be in my head......people say I wont be able to stop but it stops just fine.....it does shoot some snow behind me but who is dumb enough to ride right behind a turbo sled?????LOL

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put my stock Maverick on backwards after blowing my CE......dont know if it because I can get full boost now but it climbs much better......I even turned the boost down to 14 PSI and it still is crazy......I went from a 2 1/2 paddle down to a 2 inch and it seems to work better......it must be in my head......people say I wont be able to stop but it stops just fine.....it does shoot some snow behind me but who is dumb enough to ride right behind a turbo sled?????LOL

its just cuz your running full boost! lol and yes you can stop. some people really like to overexagerate. I had both my mavericks backwards. the cnew camo x is wayyyyy better!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its just cuz your running full boost! lol and yes you can stop. some people really like to overexagerate. I had both my mavericks backwards. the cnew camo x is wayyyyy better!

I guess Im comparring it to my old CE that was folded over.....I sware it climbs as good if not better now......and I dont notice any difference in stopping.....I know with a few more ride the mav. is going to fold over again.........at 18 PSI it is fun......this makes a big difference to climbing......but it will still climb anything at 10 PSI........just at 18 I can let off about 30 feet from the top and still catch 10 feet of air at the top........I just love climbing fast lol

Top Bottom