Calgary

stumprzr

Reaction score
2nd that i have lived in bowness for 4 years raise my daughter there and if i could afford to buy in my area of bowness i would have stayed and again would not look in airdrie if i work in south calgs stay out of forestlawn marlborugh if possible

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some areas I would avoid living in: Penbrooke, Forest Lawn (grew up there), Dover, West Dover, Parts of Lynnwood, Ogden. I have tried to get my brother to move out of Penbrooke. Too many crack houses, too many break-ins, Police tac teams seen regularly and Hawks - Police helicopter is always overhead. When my brother works in his garage, he will open the garage door about a foot or less and he has had crack heads crawl under his garage door looking for a light or whatever. Another place to avoid is Chestermere. Nice neighborhood, looks very clean but their taxes are insane! I have a friend that moved there a few years ago. His property tax was about 1800. He's paying over $3000 now and they are looking at another increase this year. Lake Sundance is a great community with great schools and right on the edge of Fishcreek Provincial Park.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in Parkdale just below foothills hospital. Loved it close to most stuff. I worked downtown on 4th so it was awesome ! Mature area lots of parks close to river etc! I never drive deer foot unless I was going back to RD.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good thing about Okotoks is that they have a curfew for kids I don't think many towns have that keep the kids from hanging about.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree okotoks best small town around calgary. Lived outside of chestermere for 9 years. Lived in okotoks for 3 years now and won't move until I retire... If then. Great town. Great people.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of trucking are you going to be selling? I think I have read that you have a heavy haul/ rig moving background. If that's what your still up to I would assume that you would be traveling north of the city often to meet with clients? Or will you be traveling mostly in the city for meetings? I work oil and gas 50/50 sales and field work and run out of Airdrie. I have nothing bad to say about living here, it has been a great place for us over the past few years.

Top Bottom