C3 SyncroDrive questions

STOLLER99

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if these are worth the $$$, would like some feedback from people who have it on there sled. I have a 2012 163x doo and going to keep it stock and am just wondering what kind of upgrade this would be for me.

Thanks in advance.

wombat

Reaction score
I have been running one on my 880 since they came out. About 1500 miles on it. No problems. It's cleaner, lighter, easy to change ratios if you like tuning, spare belt weighs nothing, if it does ever break which I don't think they will, it's easy to change on the hill. When you break a chain, and they break, it can be very very expensive and crazy work if you have to change the case. Good investment, good insurance, cleaner, lighter.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not gonna make u jump 200 ft or out climb a turbo but it is a slick set up that saves up to 6 pounds i think maybe more ,i cant remember had mine on since the first 10 demos.still on my first belt with no signs of wear.Ive got 2500 km on mine ,at least..

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one on a sled with e-start, I see they are compatible now with some mods.
E start will require some changes as wasn't designed for a e start. I think you need a smaller battery and need to move or cut battery mounting area.Best to call C3.

Also do a search as lots of info. I too have had one of the first proto types and have nothing but good to say about C3 and the product. As far as weight i think it is only about 3 lbs lighter but that is rotating mass .
With 174x2.5 for two years and now a 174x3 no problems.

wombat

Reaction score
well its not as accurate as your "i turn it over by hand method" no doubt. I see your point.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The video, i can't say i would believe that as what ratio is the belt drive to the chain. As far as better or not as far as performance, can't tell as if there was it would be to small to tell.
The reason i did it was , couldn't keep a chain from breaking and had nothing to loose. It makes more sence to me due to if belt breaks, very easy to change and will not break case. No more oil and easy to inspect.

Top Bottom