Armaguard
Reaction score
And when I just shut it down
3b29d9a8ff69607fa7d5dc1f6c3a4e36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how the knobs light up, but I don't know about the bbq. You cooking that chicken with the lid open or what?

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
No sir that’s after a 15 minute warmup on high , 8 minutes on high then a flip with lid down.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my BBQ takes longer to get hot, and loses heat quick with lid open today because it was cold out.

A week ago when it was above 0 no problem, and when its 30 above it can over heat quick if ur not watching.

So was it cold out when you did the chicken? That doesn't help. More BTU's the better in the winter time BBQing

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you're spending a bunch of money and getting sub par results, take it back. We have to work extra hard nowadays for anything extra...no sense paying for crap. Keep going back until you're happy

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have a 15 year old natural gas Vermont Casting bbq if I turn it on high with the lid closed it will reach 600 degrees in 10 minutes I think you got a lemon or it is not set up for natural gas

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
And when I just shut it down
3b29d9a8ff69607fa7d5dc1f6c3a4e36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
Time to start drilling orifices. Look for a numbered drill index. You should be able to find a rating plate that says what orifice is in it currently. If you get me that info I can look at my charts and give you a suggestion what size to go to. I do industrial burners and boilers and instrumentation for the past 25 years so might be able to help make that BBQ rip a bit better.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
we have a 15 year old natural gas Vermont Casting bbq if I turn it on high with the lid closed it will reach 600 degrees in 10 minutes I think you got a lemon or it is not set up for natural gas
Yes I know we just replaced our Vermont Casting bbq with this thing, the tech that came and looked at the new one said those Vermont's were built too well lol. Waiting to here back to see if the bbq place will take the new one back.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tech didn’t look at the orifices?

I am in the same boat kinda with my poor performing traeger XL pellet grill. Finally after 7 months of back and forth and parts replaced, they are replacing the grill. Imo I dont think it’s going to help anything.

Last edited:

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
No the tech did not look at the orifices, he just pulled off 2 of the burner tubes and adjusted the airscrews

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get a new one,get one with a infa red sear burner. Gets up to 1100 and is good for searing steaks.

Last edited:

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Well fawk just got a call back from the place I bought the bbq from and they won't take it back or exchange it because it's been cooked on lol. Manager there said I have to get a hold of Napoleon again, so here we go.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am in the same boat kinda with my poor performing traeger XL pellet grill. Finally after 7 months of back and forth and parts replaced, they are replacing the grill. Imo I dont think it’s going to help anything.

What doesn't it do? I have one and it works great.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you tried adjusting the “P” setting?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well fawk just got a call back from the place I bought the bbq from and they won't take it back or exchange it because it's been cooked on lol. Manager there said I have to get a hold of Napoleon again, so here we go.
Wow. I'd put them on blast. How are you suppose to know it doesn't work without cooking on it. I'd go full Karen on them

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What doesn't it do? I have one and it works great.

Cooks way slower than my 885. The firebox temp is approximately 100f colder than the readout on the controller. It took almost a hour to heat up to 425f today.

Top Bottom