Busting in new trails, savannah creek, old man, dutch creek areas

donnie

Reaction score
Anyone on here been busting in new trails down south? Just tried to get up Savannah creek through to old man tributaries and holy what a mess. The whole valley washed out. Looks like someone started but gave up 10km in. Maybe fish and wildlife? I had to turn around about 13km in, by myself and don't want to end up upside down in a creek with the quad on top. Please let me know if anyone's been down that trail. Thanks.

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Would very much like to open up those trails. My understanding is any thing north of the old man is severly washed out. Have been on all the trails going south of the oldman. Some washouts / bypasses but doable. Really doubt fish and wildlife was or anyone from esrd was working on the trails.

Last edited:

donnie

Reaction score
Who ever was up Savannah creek had some good wheeling skills. That is the most extreme wheeling i have ever done in my life, i used to take my jeep down those trails and come out on the old man, but to struggle on a quad should tell you how bad it really is. It was kind of hard to tell if the tracks were pre-flood or post flood, some washed over and some not, on the same tracks. When the water slows it will be way safer to attempt again.

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Up there the trails where eroded way more in the 95 flood. So we have not been able to do the complete loop and come out on oyster or out slacker since then. So now once a year or so take a meander up there in the jeep and usually turn around at about three miles west of trail marker 121.
8a8utebu.jpg

But I believe it will all be a mute point. https://landuse.alberta.ca/SiteCollectionDocuments/E Draft SSRP Beehive Enlarged Map 2013-10-21.pdf
mudeja9y.jpg

Under the ssrp initive these will be new parks. Kinda looks like slacker may stay open. Osyster creek trail now in a park ? And the connector trails between honeymoon creek, coat or coal creek trail, isolation creek trail and savanna are now in a park. So all those loops will he closed? Lost forever.

donnie

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. The more I read the madder I am getting. This is the reason I stopped going to the Ghost in 2006. Now they are taking away more land from us down south. Gotta stop writing...

morerpmfred

Reaction score
There is a chance esrd could be doing trail repair.
They are focusing on the fluz areas.
But we can still submit trail repair requests. I will be for this area and I encourage any one else to do so as well. The more responses the more likely trail flood damages and access will be repaired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom