Updates on the new Clemina Creek Shelter Project

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

I thought it would be fun to create a thread to provide some summer updates on the construction of the new Clemina Shelter. The cabin itself is 20x32' plus a 10' covered patio with a BBQ!:d The cabin location had to change due to the environmental sensitivity of the wetland where the old cabin is located. We have moved it another 2km up the groomed trail closer to the Goat Ridge Bowl trail.

The construction has just begun and the first thing on any long term backcountry project is the outhouse..lol The foundation has also been built and a lot of the framing is being pre-fabbed here in town. Ill keep posting updates as things progress.

Extremely excited to see this coming together. Its been a long time since we were able to offer something like this to our guests and we are stoked!

Please note that we are still accepting donations towards this project and all donors will be recognized on plaques inside of the cabin broken down into Treeline (under 1000) and Alpine (1000 and over). We are also needing a BBQ, wood stove, and racking/drying system should anyone have access to these items. Donations can be made via paypal (info@ridevalemount.com) or simply by mailing a cheque to the office. This is a great way to have you or your businesses name become part of this cabins legacy.

Now let it snow! (after we are done construction....)

Attachments

• IMG_3716.jpg
    IMG_3716.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,083
  • 20130911_140617.jpg
    20130911_140617.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,079

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to ride Valemount, I've tried the last couple years but it just hasnt worked out for various reasons. Great to see the updates on all the hard work during the offseason.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

I thought it would be fun to create a thread to provide some summer updates on the construction of the new Clemina Shelter. The cabin itself is 20x32' plus a 10' covered patio with a BBQ!:d The cabin location had to change due to the environmental sensitivity of the wetland where the old cabin is located. We have moved it another 2km up the groomed trail closer to the Goat Ridge Bowl trail.

The construction has just begun and the first thing on any long term backcountry project is the outhouse..lol The foundation has also been built and a lot of the framing is being pre-fabbed here in town. Ill keep posting updates as things progress.

Extremely excited to see this coming together. Its been a long time since we were able to offer something like this to our guests and we are stoked!

Please note that we are still accepting donations towards this project and all donors will be recognized on plaques inside of the cabin broken down into Treeline (under 1000) and Alpine (1000 and over). We are also needing a BBQ, wood stove, and racking/drying system should anyone have access to these items. Donations can be made via paypal (info@ridevalemount.com) or simply by mailing a cheque to the office. This is a great way to have you or your businesses name become part of this cabins legacy.

Now let it snow! (after we are done construction....)

Is there a deadline for sponsorship? I think this may be something we would support even though I have never sledded the area... Bucket list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a deadline for sponsorship? I think this may be something we would support even though I have never sledded the area... Bucket list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interest Joholio. At this point there is no deadline for the Cabin donations. Once the plaques are made, likely in late November would probably be the end of the intake for this project as we would not be able to easily add more names once competed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis what are you using for roof material ??

We are going with metal roofing. All construction materials besides the stove, drying rack and deck railing have been purchased at this point as shipping and transport are some of the major challenges in the build.

neilsleder has offered to work on the drying rack (which is awesome!) If anyone has connections on stoves, bbqs, or deck railing, please let us know. Any help is appreciated.

I hope to have some updated pictures maybe by mid next week.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis, I have a used wood stove you could have. Not very fancy,no glass door. It'll take about a 22" piece of wood. I'm in Hinton if someone is coming by. I am right on the highway so it would be easy for someone to stop by and pick it up.

Top Bottom