Finding new riding areas around nelson

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old man has a cabin at proctor on the edge of the west arm, we have been going up there for a couple years riding give out and red fish six mile , I am wanting to branch out to new areas around kaslo or any other riding area about an hour away.does anyone guide out there,or know of any sweet riding areas? Just looking for some good places to boondock
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of anyone actively guiding out there, some unofficial stuff obviously with people who have been riding out there forever.

Have you gone up to the Norn's at all? Either accessing it from Grizzly or out Pass Creek rd to Goose Cr. There is also this little map which has some smaller areas you can check out. They have some cools zones although parking is typically limited to just a few trucks http://www.nelsonkootenaylake.com/images/uploads/Kaslo-Snow-Map.jpg How about Meadow Mountain? Pretty popular but a little further North. I haven't been up in the area of Mt Buchanan but it is supposed to be decent

There is always further towards Salmo as well. Lost Lake, Barrett, up the Bombi summit and over to Siwash. Rover to Snowater is okay, when the snow gets deep there is some decent stuff up there.

Have you ever gone up behind Proctor? I always wondered what you could access up Irvine. Honestly Giveout is one of my favorite areas. There is so much untouched terrain there that has never seen a sled track.

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love give out creek it's a fun place to ride, we usually go for a week and wana branch out to new areas never been to any trails around kaslo
Behind proctor is Alexander road that's just a dead end
Then you got the new fire hall road they are punching in, but it takes us no Time to rip that up as it is a small space good for a quarter day ride
Been up too six mile on quads and sleds great area probably going back this year again
Been up red fish and it seed to be just roads we probably missed a turn out to get in to a powder bowl or something ?

Thanks for the info we will probably be heading more to kaslo this feb !

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is the cabin up up Redfish from Beggs Rd. It is a smaller riding area and lots of cut blocks.

I have hit six mile on a deep day and never needed to go more than a few hundred meters from the cabin. Deep days there is lots of decent tree riding there.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitkum creek, between 6-mile and Redfish. The road got de-activated last summer for wheeled traffic, but I bet sleds can still get through it. Takes you right to the top of the mountain through the burn. Friggin awesome!

Top Bottom