Brule

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
A few of us are planning a trip to Brule on May long weekend, and to camp there as well......think it will be busy? Usually is on the long weekends, but I hope its decent out and we get a good ride. Anyone else heading that way for May long?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us are planning a trip to Brule on May long weekend, and to camp there as well......think it will be busy? Usually is on the long weekends, but I hope its decent out and we get a good ride. Anyone else heading that way for May long?

Yeah it gets busy alright, I personally only go to Brule once or twice a year on random weekends and even then it is still busy. Just be careful, there have been a few people killed up there.

Paige

Reaction score
brule is brutal on may long weekend its a ch!t show .. not bad when u go on a random weekend or weekdays last time i was there they airlifted a guy out there who got hit head on by some drunk dirtbiker .. make sure you got paddle tires on too !! cheers if you do make it thou

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen injuries every time i've gone, and i've never gone on a long weekend. Long weekends just have twice as much traffic, and it is so easy to slam into someone head on in the trails, if your out in the open on the drag hills, etc its not so bad...just very dusty. I saw a guy snap his leg in half last year on a dirtbike, my buddy t-boned a quadder and dislocated his shoulder and messed up his bike... so, just be careful. but if your looking for an opinion, dont go there on long weekends!! Just sayin!

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
Any ideas where a different not so busy good place for May long would be? We are in Drayton Valley, and willing to travel, as long as its not super long distance!! lol Where are there some other good trails and camping spots?

Tyson H

Reaction score
Do you just pull your trailer out and camp anywhere at Brule?? i have never been before....

Reddragon816

Reaction score
Any ideas where a different not so busy good place for May long would be? We are in Drayton Valley, and willing to travel, as long as its not super long distance!! lol Where are there some other good trails and camping spots?

Go on during the week barely anybody there, i've been there on a sunday and its pretty busy, i could only imagine during a long weekend it wouldn't even be fun. I live in DV too, Ruby falls i heard is good, last year i went to the Caroline area and that was good too but pretty busy, i think all good spots will be busy on long weekends but Brule would be horrible on a long weekend. too many hills you can't see over and narrow trails. Where ever you go have fun!!

Reddragon816

Reaction score
Do you just pull your trailer out and camp anywhere at Brule?? i have never been before....

you can yah, but its a rough road in, i wouldn't be hauling my trailer in there. If i was to camp i would tent it and leave the camper at home. but then again I don't have a tent so i ain't camping there. but some people do pull trailers in. the only trailer i've pulled in there was a trailer full of toys and it was bouncing everywhere! but to each there own

Tyson H

Reaction score
i have a 30 ft toy/car hauler i was gonna load it full of toys and go out there and just camp in the trailer!! Maybe not a good idea if the road in is that rough? how are the cops out there? sand tires are suggested out ther also?

Reddragon816

Reaction score
Sand tire is def a good idea. people ride without them but you can climb higher and go faster with them, me personally after using one there i wouldn't ride without a paddle tire. and as for a camper like i said i wouldn't haul mine in there but people do and my buddy is hauling his 28 ft travel trailer in there on friday and were going to stay the night or two. We just won't haul it as far in, hopefully we can find a decent spot to park it. Another option is that, there is also a camp ground on hwy 16 accross from the turn off into brule we might just stay there and haul are bikes in with the trucks. its not a far drive in from there maybe 15-20 min, on a bike or a quad it will be faster. not recommended if your using a paddle tire. as for cops, i'm pretty sure they pick random days and busy long weekends to keep everyone inline. i have never witnessed it myself, but just to be safe have your registration and insurance with you, insurance is the most important, and if you have a plate on your bike they more than likely won't even bother you, i just keep all my ch!t in my back pack. hopefully this helps, stop and bullch!t with us if your there this weekend, our group will have a Cr, suzuki ltr, and can am renegade and possibly more! Peace

Reddragon816

Reaction score
oh one other thing, i believe you can just camp anywhere, i've seen people in random spots

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don need paddle tires you can probbaly make it up every hill withouththme

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
I have seen injuries every time i've gone, and i've never gone on a long weekend. Long weekends just have twice as much traffic, and it is so easy to slam into someone head on in the trails, if your out in the open on the drag hills, etc its not so bad...just very dusty. I saw a guy snap his leg in half last year on a dirtbike, my buddy t-boned a quadder and dislocated his shoulder and messed up his bike... so, just be careful. but if your looking for an opinion, dont go there on long weekends!! Just sayin!

WHIP FLAG!!!!! WEAR ONE AND LIVE LONGER!! Spend $20.00 and encourage everyone else who ries out there to do the same!

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
You don need paddle tires you can probbaly make it up every hill withouththme

The sand is damp. There has been some rain here in the last day or two. More on the way today and tomorow. Sand will be tight. Paddle tires will do worse in these conditions. On sport 2WD quads the XC tires will do best.

Have fun this weekend everybody! Don't burn the place down! It is still VERY DRY out here.

WHIP FLAGS AT THE DUNES!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom