Boyle cops

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is SK-specific, but I had heard that ball mounts were allowed as long as they were within 8" of the back of the bumper.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see the tires sticking out being an issue. So this has me thinking. All the sled trailers with out mud flaps are illegal??? I have some on my trailer for courtesy reasons but now I'm thinking it might be law.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see the tires sticking out being an issue. So this has me thinking. All the sled trailers with out mud flaps are illegal??? I have some on my trailer for courtesy reasons but now I'm thinking it might be law.[url]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/HHighfly/Snowmobile/7f9065ea.jpg[/URL]

I don't think you have to have flaps on a trailer, I've never been bothered for it. Kinda silly how you absolutely need flaps on your truck but you don't need them on your trailer.

Sent from a iPhone

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't believe so so long as there is a sufficient amount of overhang. I can't remember the exact amount but I believe it is around a min of 1.5m. Maybe a little less. This was only for deck over trailers too I believe. If it has fenders, the same rules apply as trucks/cars.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have to have flaps on a trailer, I've never been bothered for it. Kinda silly how you absolutely need flaps on your truck but you don't need them on your trailer.

Sent from a iPhone

Not really for two reasons.
One is the rear tires of a truck are the drive tires plus they are at the back with nothing really to keep rocks flying upwards in the air.
Two trailer tires do just that-trail along behind and if it's a deckover with sufficient overhang, rocks can't fly off the tread and upwards-they hit the bottom side of the deck.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really for two reasons.
One is the rear tires of a truck are the drive tires plus they are at the back with nothing really to keep rocks flying upwards in the air.
Two trailer tires do just that-trail along behind and if it's a deckover with sufficient overhang, rocks can't fly off the tread and upwards-they hit the bottom side of the deck.

Good point, but depending on the trailer length and where the wheels are I could see alot of rocks getting flung from some trailers.

Sent from a iPhone

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct. That's why there is a standard set. I think it's actually a triangle like calculation more-so than a set distance from the tire to the rear of the deck. Trying to find it. I remember it from my CVIP inspection manual.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what next ?pull are mirrors in when parked?How about people open their fawking eyes.
sadly we live in a world of the lowest common denominator. Laws are intended to protect those who cant protect themselves, no matter how stupid they are, the laws or the people.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a couple of guys who got nailed for having their receiver hitch still in while not towing. As I understand it they claim its a hazard to the public. One example given was when your parked in a parking lot your receiver hitch sticks out beyond the end of your vehicle and is a hazard for the walking public.

Thats pretty bush league.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what happened Bugs? Did you make it home or are you in the sin bin.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your mad you got away without having mudflaps for over a year?

I have been driving without a licence for over a year and a cop just got me. Im pissed cause I got caught the other day. I know I have been in the wrong for a long time, but why do they have to do such a good job on a long weekend and ruin it for me?

And they can tow your whole rig away, you just pay for two tow trucks if needed.

Geeeeeeeeezuss.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your mad you got away without having mudflaps for over a year?

I have been driving without a licence for over a year and a cop just got me. Im pissed cause I got caught the other day. I know I have been in the wrong for a long time, but why do they have to do such a good job on a long weekend and ruin it for me?

And they can tow your whole rig away, you just pay for two tow trucks if needed.

someone should erect a statue in your honour for such an amazing achievement. My hat is off to you sir.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone should erect a statue in your honour for such an amazing achievement. My hat is off to you sir.

Im pretty sure he was atempting to be Ironic dude,, and wasnt seriously driving without a license:rolleyes:

Report to toilet paper thread ok?? lol

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was actually a statue, not an award. I'm out. Feel free to bicker by yourself.

Top Bottom