Big iron shootout 2009

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just giving everyone a heads up March 13, 14, 15th Bolder Mnt Revy

whos all going???

will be to see something going on in revy again. from what ive herd this year from locals and business owners is that the revenue is going down because of the sure lack of snow but mostly from sledders not getting rooms from the ski hill:mad:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have anything to do with the lack of hospitality some of the local establishments have towards sledder either would it......

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have anything to do with the lack of hospitality some of the local establishments have towards sledder either would it......

Thats only because of a few individuals that try and party like rockstars while the rest of us have a few beers maybe soak in the hot tub and hit the sheets to get up early the next morning to hit the fresh POW ! Theres always gunna be a few that ruin it for all :(

I missed last years, i think ill try and go this year.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now now pillowbiter......i mean powderchowder!!! I seen a whole new side of you this last weekend and i'm kinda frightened.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey remember guys, what you take in please take out as i think this is one of the reasons this event was cancelled back when.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont forget, Only the first 1000 early risers get on the hill too.. kinda lame if you asked me.

its kinda gay that it all gets blamed on one weekend all the garbage, when i can count countless times sleds beeing rolled or towed and no one picks up the parts, as well as garbage, cans ect. but really we all have to police it so that all these events can still go on.. i dont wanna see a good riding area be shut down cuz someone thinks they are too cool to have an empty wraper or can in there backpack.

all in all should be a good weekend of fun and carnage.

i hear that the thunderstruck guys will be there, as well as Mountain Mod Mania, thats just a few when i was in talking to OZONE that he had mentioned

duch17

Reaction score
As long as there isnt a bunch of people who cant operate a snowmobile out there and there not smashing into each other like afew years ago there shouldnt be any problems

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont forget, Only the first 1000 early risers get on the hill too.. kinda lame if you asked me.

its kinda gay that it all gets blamed on one weekend all the garbage, when i can count countless times sleds beeing rolled or towed and no one picks up the parts, as well as garbage, cans ect. but really we all have to police it so that all these events can still go on.. i dont wanna see a good riding area be shut down cuz someone thinks they are too cool to have an empty wraper or can in there backpack.

all in all should be a good weekend of fun and carnage.

i hear that the thunderstruck guys will be there, as well as Mountain Mod Mania, thats just a few when i was in talking to OZONE that he had mentioned

what hill, you mean the staging area @ the hill climb?

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im commin :D got myself a room at the 5 star Gateway !!!! Woot woot !

wuts this 1000 people ? i though that was only what they were trying to do.. didn't think it actually happened. Theres gunna be way more than 1000 people there.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's only 1000trail passes given out or when the parkin lots get filled up they shut it down. And yeah it was somewhere around the 3000 mark I do believe

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure after 1000 passes are sold guys are just going to ride there sleds around the gates!!!!

Its attitudes like that that will get this area shut down. The eco's are just gunning for us right now and with the recent poll in the revy times about how bad sledders are for the mountain caribou, watching 500-1000 extra people just ride around the gate and onto the hill will ensure that we are #1 on the hit list for users to be tossed from the area. Seems kinda like coincidence that sledding awareness is brought to the forefront of the public eye just before the largest sled weekend of the year......

If you don't think that there will be reps from all sorts of other user groups and government depts there with camera's in hand to document things like "classical actions" like these that harm the perception of sledders.....you're about 12 yrs behind the times.

In order for this event and sledding to be sustainable in Revy, sledders will have to respect the cap or risk losing more.

I guess we will see what path sledders choose......

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we have a room and are heading down 4 the weekend. Hay guys if you don't have a room the regent inn had a couple left last night when I booked

xpval

Reaction score
I have 3 rooms booked at the monashee that might become available, will know more early next week.

Top Bottom