Best "mountain" pipe and silencer for proclimb

AP48379

Reaction score
My first arctic cat, what would you guys say is the best pipe for the machine? I hear from alot of people MBRP cans take power away from the machine. Dont know if this is true or not.
thanks for any info

yaya

Reaction score
D&D is the way to go, But remember if you run the pipe with the 800 HO you will have to run a control box for fuel , boondocker etc. I would go with a can and Y pipe combo, Also look at the hi flow air kit. It is like a K&N filter that goes on the front but you also remove all the heavy plastic under the hood which means more HP

AP48379

Reaction score
Ya i seen that air filter. you dont think that will get packed with snow?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would defenitely go with either the speedwerx or slp. If you look at who makes the exhaust and stuff for the arctic cat race team it is speedwerx. I have also talked with several engine builders that dyno there product and other stuff and they say that the slp works verywell and the speedwerx makes just a little bit more but cant go wrong with either of those two. I have had some success with d&d but i've also had some large headaches with some of there stuff. I ran there cans one year and by partway thru the year tossed them because i got tired of pulling them off to weld them due to them cracking all the time and this was on a 2010 HCR M8.

AP48379

Reaction score
Cool, hey Glengine, if you order from Speedwerx can you order me a full pipe and programer and clutch kit if you think i will need it. I'll get it all installed on our first trip to McBride. Message me i'll give you card number.

chriscat1000

Reaction score
What about bikeman he's really starting to make a name. His stage one kit. Seems like the one to go with. He claims 17 hp. Anybody use there stuff or know about them

Reaction score
Do anyone have any experice with the pipes?
Here in sweden we now have tested the BMP and the Speedwerx pipe. And manifolds to those. With PC5 and different maps on the same sled. A M8 HCR 2012.

The BMP pipe feels much more powerful on midrange and the throttle respons. Actually it's a much more fun pipe to ride then the Speedwerx.
The Speedwerx pipe seems to make much less midrange power. But greater top rpm power.

This is on low elevation from sea level and up to 2000ft.

Top Bottom