Belt issues on the 850

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's great they are doing something and telling you that. It's the customers that first and foremost should be informed however IMO. Hopefully dealers are passing this on.
The manufacturer would prefer to deal with the dealers and have us give you the good or bad news unfortunately.

Driftbuster

Reaction score
The manufacturer would prefer to deal with the dealers and have us give you the good or bad news unfortunately.
First Ive heard of a solution being looked at, my dealer never said anything, I even asked and he replied "not sure". Whether or not they are looking at a solution doesn't change the fact that I need a new spare belt though lol Hoping they have something for me by next week :beer:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the guys running on low clickers at altitude, start by adding 5g to each flyweight and clutch the sled to run on clicker 3. This should also reduce clutch temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew belt 4 and shortly after pulled cord on 5

All foam and felt gone (everything)

Running 20g weight on click 2. 8000 rpm max

Clutches were pretty cool after belt blew.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could belt height and the inconsistent sheave angle be an issue? where is your belt running? thinking out loud...

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for the people having issues with belts.......are dealers covering these under warranty? I have just assumed they are. Are many people actually out of pocket for belts?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for the people having issues with belts.......are dealers covering these under warranty? I have just assumed they are. Are many people actually out of pocket for belts?

I haven't heard of a single belt being warrantied...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be switching to the gates belts(cheaper by far), and probably the same belt(brp doesn't make their own belts -- they're contracted out) ;)

Different belt, the Kevlar is imbedded in the rubber where as the doo belt had the Kevlar in the cord section. The gates belt is harder as well.
But just like the tracks, they are contracted out but yah can't buy a doo track from camoplast.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
different belt, the kevlar is imbedded in the rubber where as the doo belt had the kevlar in the cord section. The gates belt is harder as well.
But just like the tracks, they are contracted out but yah can't buy a doo track from camoplast.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

and the gates belt has limited lifetime warranty.... They'll be wishing it wasn't ;)

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is absolute garbage. Even if it wasnt a widespread problem......when any stock machine blows a belt at 100km, its a problem with the machine, regardless of how it is being ridden. Shame on you BRP

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of belts being warrantied. I guess it's like a bulkhead, the real screaming will begin when guys realize some are paying out of their pockets and others aren't.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear Kuster's fleet has gone thru LOTS of belts, but all have been warrantied.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 warrantied, dealer just needed sled to view run history. Some peeps were a little pissed that they needed to bring sled in to get warranty on belts. I realize its a bit of a pain in the azz but I dont really blame BRP for asking for this. If a guy is out for 3 days not watching his rpms, wot at 8200-8300 the whole time it kinda takes it out of the warranty category. That being said, if I was BRP I would be handing out belts no questions asked to save face. Most of the sledding community is pretty mechanical and you can bet g4 owners with problematic sleds are eye balling their rpms and deflection pretty close.

Driftbuster

Reaction score
I finally got warranty for my belt- over a month wait. Needed to hook up to BUDS to review run history, and needed pics of clutching/gearing to ensure it was stock. This is the reason I'm worried to add weight and change spring, if you do that then all belts will def be out of pocket. BRP should be getting on a fix quick, before they start losing customers.

Top Bottom