Bad Kitty, Bad! BRP files lawsuit against Cat.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they destroy all the sleds that were built excluding the ones already delivered to customers does that mean that if a customer hits a tree he won't be able to buy chassis parts from Cat? Something to think about maybe but highly unlikely?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is how the whole thing went down...

BRP - hey we like that thing you did with your sled, any chance we can buy rights to use it from you cheap?

Cat - yeah sure if you give us rights to the "insert patent of your choice" technology cheap

BRP - hey no point in getting carried away here, we just want to use that one little idea, not put you out of buisness

Cat - well with out the "insert patent of your choice" we are not budging

BRP - well seeing how we own the rights to something you recently thought was new, we'll see how loud you purrr after we stick it to you

Cat - yeah yeah sure bring it on....

:)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is how the whole thing went down...

BRP - hey we like that thing you did with your sled, any chance we can buy rights to use it from you cheap?

Cat - yeah sure if you give us rights to the "insert patent of your choice" technology cheap

BRP - hey no point in getting carried away here, we just want to use that one little idea, not put you out of buisness

Cat - well with out the "insert patent of your choice" we are not budging

BRP - well seeing how we own the rights to something you recently thought was new, we'll see how loud you purrr after we stick it to you

Cat - yeah yeah sure bring it on....

:)

i bet brp asked cat to use the sweet frogskinz or awesome white paint cat uses. possibly even there state of the art oil injection system.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
A masked man was seen running away after police have showed up to a bloody scene in where a victim was repeatedly stabbed in the back of the neck...... Witnesses say the suspect was wearing a hoodie with a large CAT head on the back... Police have released the name of thee victim... "SEAN MAXWELL" from sherwood park. He was survived by his mother, father and sister. Friends say he had a very loud mouth and say things like this are not out of the ordinary for SEAN. By his wishes cremation will take place and they will spread his ashes on the track of his ski doo.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing as JA Bombardier built the first snowmobile for recreational use then theoretically all the other manufacturers infringed on the snowmobile concept. Time for a witch hunt. Lol.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They bought OMC so they could save 2 strokes due to the EPA restrictions for 2012 and next next few years. The "Etec" technology actually came from Ficht. Buying the rights to something legally is not an patent infringement.

takethebounce, I think you've misunderstood me. I didn't suggest there was a case of patent infringement. I was just poking a little fun at the BRP comments about innovation. Buying the rights to existing technology may be good business, but it is not innovative.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
takethebounce, I think you've misuderstood me. I didn't suggest there was a case of patent infringement. I was just poking a little fun at the BRP comments about innovation. Buying the rights to existing technology may be good business, but it is not innovative.

have i just been misunderstanding you all this time? LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
takethebounce, I think you've misuderstood me. I didn't suggest there was a case of patent infringement. I was just poking a little fun at the BRP comments about innovation. Buying the rights to existing technology may be good business, but it is not innovative.

Actually.................there was innovation from BRP on the direct injection system from Ficht for the ETEC platform. Ficht 's technology was for a marine application and much lower rpm's. Rotax engineers in collaboration with the OMC engineering group worked hard to adapt this technology to the sled application (higher rpm's). There was a need for a new style of injector that could perform at a higher speed that was needed to work for the Rotax engine. Just sayin'.....

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Maxwell is secretly the spokesman for cat.....

cat2.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your silly. i will not take that back. i cant ride a rev. THAT is a buffalo.
I thought the rev handled decent, I just couldn't get comfortable on one. bought the ol' lady a new '05 rev and I could carve that thing in circles all day, fun sled....just felt like my feet needed to be farther forward, was always banging my knees into the panels. I can carve circles inside the circles of the rev on my "poor" handling '08 xp. the rev was a game changer, the xp was a kick ass refinement.....I'm so stoked to see what's next. the '08 has me gunshy though.....don't want to be a guinea pig again.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the rev handled decent, I just couldn't get comfortable on one. bought the ol' lady a new '05 rev and I could carve that thing in circles all day, fun sled....just felt like my feet needed to be farther forward, was always banging my knees into the panels. I can carve circles inside the circles of the rev on my "poor" handling '08 xp. the rev was a game changer, the xp was a kick ass refinement.....I'm so stoked to see what's next. the '08 has me gunshy though.....don't want to be a guinea pig again.

touche...ill let the guys with money play with the 2014 doo chassis.

Top Bottom