Bad Kitty, Bad! BRP files lawsuit against Cat.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the stock sleds are so fun cause you actually gotta ride them to get them to perform!!!! we were riding in some trees yesterday an 11 cat 12 rmk and my 11 etec and both were doing about the same. i'm more comfy on my sled so i could get it into the thicker stuff easier but the other guys were doing well. like said before it sucks its happening hate to see a manufacturer get shut down but like teeroy said I'm gonna get my jabs in while I can lol

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys think that turbo sleds only hang out at the bottom of the hill and go up and down in a straight line, maybe your watch stopped in 2002? because this mindset is about 10 yrs old. My primary riding bud has boost and we spend all season in the trees.
Have you been to the bigger bowls in Revy lately? All turbo's lined up at the botttom, waiting to go straight up the hill. Requires tonnes of skill, I hear. Lol

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no. not at all. what im saying is i ride a next to stock sled all winter long and i still havent out done the sled with my skills. oh and its an everest. base model.maybe i suck or maybe theres more to riding than holding it to the bar and seeing how fast you can go up a hill. while thats fun for me for about 5 minutes i suppose for others that can hold them off for the whole season.
Was not bashing your skills. You ride as much or more than I. What I mean was we r all motor heads and power is addicting. When I built my turbo I was like. Well I over did it this time. Lol. I am all about performance and arm ripping power. You are right most can't ride there turbos. I have learned to boondock with 280 hp. Took some time. And lots of naps after sledding.

Last edited by a moderator:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's brilliant.... Bring out new chassis possibly for 2013.... Sue the crap out of your competition... Use that money to fund your r&d... And well there down now just kill em with sales.Not sure what Doo would want from cat... Mayby that new clutch system with the torque arm.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's brilliant.... Bring out new chassis possibly for 2013.... Sue the crap out of your competition... Use that money to fund your r&d... And well there down now just kill em with sales.Not sure what Doo would want from cat... Maybe that new clutch system with the torque arm.

And there it is right there folks.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you been to the bigger bowls in Revy lately? All turbo's lined up at the botttom, waiting to go straight up the hill. Requires tonnes of skill, I hear. Lol

The "bowls" in Revy - LMAO! is that what you are basing your judgement on? small world you live in.....yeah sure there are guys out there that park and want to be seen up on Boulder, maybe they are the only ones riding there because they are the only ones that have enough power to make those climbs......got jealousy... Have you ever piloted a 300 HP sled up a hill? it takes more skill than you think and you will be humbled by it, so LOL all you want until you have the balls to try it. It also doesn't mean that because you see some guys riding at ONE location in a province with hundreds of riding areas, that turbo's are only good for a straight line and can't ride in the trees. This if way off topic so I'm out.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
modmans right it takes some talent to pilot those sleds up those chutes! and watch the good tree riders lots of them are on turbo sleds burandt,adams,skinner,brown... and the list goes on! its about learning throttle control and proper technique. the turbo guys have that option of opening up all there ponies when they need it if they know how to ride! but piloting a stock sled yeah takes some extreme skill to get into some areas but none the less to pilot any sled through tight trees requires some skill lol but yes got off topic.

so what exactly did cat copy? was it the steering post or is there more to it than that? lets get this on topic again

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to topic,

how many peeps think this is a marketing ploy? Look at how many threads and replys there have been on this subject already on this and other forums. It may just backfire on BRP even if they ligitamately feel they have been wronged. I think a better response would have been, is to release a new chassis that blows away the competition. After all BRP is in the perfect position to do this as Poo and Cat have laid their cards on the table and BRP could steal ideas from them and if they sued, then BRP could retaliate with this lawsuite. Maybe I got it almost right, maybe BRP wanted to have this lawsuite filed and can drop it if they get what they want from Cat. My only real surprize is that they did not go after poo already.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you got a really good point! i'm not down with the sueing of people lets all work together and build some mean machines. hopefully this gets worked out its always nice having different competition on the mountain. just wondering why cat would go after technology from 04 why not develop a sick ass steering setup

aksnopro

Reaction score
Doo and poo would still have trailing arms, shouldnt cat sue polaris for vertical steering? Haha

I remember when ac sued polaris for the adjustable suspension at the handle bars the xcr 440 had, Cat traded the engine reverse for the new doo suspension too.

I bet doo wants the pipe sensor :)

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ding Ding!! BRP was not getting much press lately and recent numbers showed a market share drop.

Lots of theories:

Tech swap as this has happened as such many times in past. DD, torque arm, 4 stroke turbo.
Cat set to release a DI 800 in new chassis, BRP trying to stall it.
Doo trying to argue they hold patent on rider forward position, hence the trial by jury request (usually unheard of in this type of lawsuit).
Marketing ploy....seems to be getting BRP lots of attention.

Needless to say I think it is a real black eye on the industry as a whole. Over the last couple years, despite a bad economy, all the sled manufacturers have been doing well and bringing great products to the public. A game like this only raises costs, stops technology development, and hurts the reputation of the industry. I am quite saddened by this, not as a Cat owner, but as a sledder in general.

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. In the end it could backfire on BRP. Could have ramifications to the entire industry.

So is Poo next. Will Yammi sue all others with 4 strokes in a sled. Sick!

Friggin' low brow lawyers.

Back to topic,

how many peeps think this is a marketing ploy? Look at how many threads and replys there have been on this subject already on this and other forums. It may just backfire on BRP even if they ligitamately feel they have been wronged. I think a better response would have been, is to release a new chassis that blows away the competition. After all BRP is in the perfect position to do this as Poo and Cat have laid their cards on the table and BRP could steal ideas from them and if they sued, then BRP could retaliate with this lawsuite. Maybe I got it almost right, maybe BRP wanted to have this lawsuite filed and can drop it if they get what they want from Cat. My only real surprize is that they did not go after poo already.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo and poo would still have trailing arms, shouldnt cat sue polaris for vertical steering? HahaI remember when ac sued polaris for the adjustable suspension at the handle bars the xcr 440 had, Cat traded the engine reverse for the new doo suspension too.I bet doo wants the pipe sensor :)
I'm pretty sure cats patent on the independent front suspension expired in 2003, and BRP was already set to jump.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat set to release a DI 800 in new chassis, BRP trying to stall it.

Will Suzuki be building this DI800 Motor? I've heard rumblings from a Suzuki dealer that Cat is into Suzuki for alot of money right now and that Suzuki wants out? Anyone else have info on this or heard of it?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From Ski-Doo's Facebook page...supposedly a behind the scenes photo from the 2013 model photo shoot. I wonder what they're hiding???
image-1.jpg

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm seeing a-arms like the new cats:nono: please doo do not bring that gay lloking a-arm setup to the skidoo line!!!! platform handles well new narrow front end works great. maybe a little different rear skid and some more motor options would be awesome but that sled is looking a bit bulky in the pics unlike the current doo's

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will Suzuki be building this DI800 Motor? I've heard rumblings from a Suzuki dealer that Cat is into Suzuki for alot of money right now and that Suzuki wants out? Anyone else have info on this or heard of it?

I hope so. If arctic cat builds engines like they assemble a snowmobile, it will be the end of their reputation. I'll ride a Yamaha before an arctic cat built motor.
I'm not talking about just the proclimb quality either! The M-series was a poorly assembled sled with no quality either. And I own both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom