Bad Kitty, Bad! BRP files lawsuit against Cat.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha !! Good one. BUT, it's only "innovative" if you like how far forward Doo pushed you. I don't, so to me they f'ed up.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.
well, it stole market share away from the other three manufacturers, launching BRP into the leader of sled sales. I would say hundreds of thousands of people disagree with you. I think doo's rider position patent just says no one else can build a sled that puts the rider directly over the center of gravity. like a sno scoot? lol

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha !! Good one. BUT, it's only "innovative" if you like how far forward Doo pushed you. I don't, so to me they f'ed up.

if thats the case. why are cat and poo copying them??? and dont tell me they arent. strip a poo down and a 07 rev and wow they look very similar!! and after riding a new cat 3 weeks ago i couldnt believe how much it felt like a xp

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, it stole market share away from the other three manufacturers, launching BRP into the leader of sled sales. I would say hundreds of thousands of people disagree with you. I think doo's rider position patent just says no one else can build a sled that puts the rider directly over the center of gravity. like a sno scoot? lol

To each their own, but many riders (me included) don't like the rider position on the Doo's. The fact that the Pro was the best selling mountain sled while having a different rider position than Doo should be enough proof. Live in denial if you like, but many people do not like Doo's rider positioning.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will admit that Doo likely has the most stable, best handling trail sled, but that's not what I buy a sled for. That is the area most of their market share comes from.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To each their own, but many riders (me included) don't like the rider position on the Doo's. The fact that the Pro was the best selling mountain sled while having a different rider position than Doo should be enough proof. Live in denial if you like, but many people do not like Doo's rider positioning.

I'm not saying everyone loves it, just the majority of people (and all the manufacturers) seem to like it. poo did well with the pro, it was the best selling sled last year of all the segments. good on them, they needed exactly that. I don't wish that the other guys sleds fail, but enjoy getting my jabs in when they do....lol

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank god they all copy each other or we would still be riding sleds with leaf sping mounted skii's and full bogey wheel rear suspension. Maybe all us guys riding our 02 edge's with riser blocks and Boss high rise seats should sue BRP for stealing our mountain riding position!!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya WHAT lol.anyways i dont plan to turbo any sled anytime soon. still pushing the limits of sleds in stock form. not sure how you guys with 300hp are advancing so fast. wish i could do that.
Pushing the limit in stock form. So you what ur really saying is a turbo isn't Isnt in your budget or Income bracket.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pushing the limit in stock form. So you what ur really saying is a turbo isn't Isnt in your budget or Income bracket.

no. not at all. what im saying is i ride a next to stock sled all winter long and i still havent out done the sled with my skills. oh and its an everest. base model.

maybe i suck or maybe theres more to riding than holding it to the bar and seeing how fast you can go up a hill. while thats fun for me for about 5 minutes i suppose for others that can hold them off for the whole season.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no. Not at all. What im saying is i ride a next to stock sled all winter long and i still havent out done the sled with my skills. Oh and its an everest. Base model.

Maybe i suck or maybe theres more to riding than holding it to the bar and seeing how fast you can go up a hill. While thats fun for me for about 5 minutes i suppose for others that can hold them off for the whole season.

yeppers.
think you rode it for 10 minutes

Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no. not at all. what im saying is i ride a next to stock sled all winter long and i still havent out done the sled with my skills. oh and its an everest. base model.maybe i suck or maybe theres more to riding than holding it to the bar and seeing how fast you can go up a hill. while thats fun for me for about 5 minutes i suppose for others that can hold them off for the whole season.
Yeah, I agree maxwell... Seems I ate the wrong color crayon last night... Red makes me a bit jittery I guess hahahaha. I dunno what I'd do with 250hp at elevation... Doesn't make it any more comfy to sit on and smoke a pack of darts... Haha

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys think that turbo sleds only hang out at the bottom of the hill and go up and down in a straight line, maybe your watch stopped in 2002? because this mindset is about 10 yrs old. My primary riding bud has boost and we spend all season in the trees.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To each their own, but many riders (me included) don't like the rider position on the Doo's. The fact that the Pro was the best selling mountain sled while having a different rider position than Doo should be enough proof. Live in denial if you like, but many people do not like Doo's rider positioning.Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.
Well whatever they are doing, it works for me. The more they can make it ride like a motocross bike the better. I'd rather be standing over the engine than way behind it, although a rear-exit exhaust would be welcome on a two-stroke. I'm sure every time I stop and idle for more than 10 seconds I'm getting the equivelant of smoking a half-pack of green death.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys think that turbo sleds only hang out at the bottom of the hill and go up and down in a straight line, maybe your watch stopped in 2002? because this mindset is about 10 yrs old. My primary riding bud has boost and we spend all season in the trees.
I didn't mean my last post as an insult to turbo sleds, I meant it as an insult to my ability to ride one .. lol

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the cat deralership in cranbrook is one of the best ones and i am not even a cat guy.

oh definately are good there mechanic mark haras is an amazing mechanic and darren is top notch and funny as hell I love them I just like bugging them cause i'm on a doo and there on cats but yes cranbrook shop is an awesome shop!

Top Bottom