ATV Crash claims 12 year old

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to the family and friends.

A 12-year-old girl is dead after an ATV accident west of Edmonton.
The vehicle flipped and then pinned the girl, who was driving, in a gravel pit about 20 kilometres east of the village of Cadomin on Saturday afternoon.
The girl was wearing a helmet but died from her injuries.
“We are all deeply saddened by this tragic event,” said Const. Nathalie Bandet with Hinton RCMP.
Bandet says the girl was not supervised at the time of the accident.
In Alberta, children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult, either on the ATV or in a nearby vehicle.
However, police say no charges are likely.
Bandet says ATV accidents are common in the area, but the fact that the girl is so young makes this incident especially difficult.
“I don’t remember an accident happening at this age. We have had death in the community involving quads, mostly on the May long weekend."
Cadomin is about a four-hour drive west of Edmonton.

[h=3][/h]

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Age for me has never been a factor as we started riding about 8 yrs old. It is sad and unfortunate for sure.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's horrible, to have a loss of life at such a young age. My condolence's

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to all that know her. This must be heart wrenching to the family.

:(

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started to post so many times after reading this thread.. what does one say in a situation like this. The loss of a child, no matter what the circumstances is so devastating. I can't even begin to imagine what the family and friends are going through. My heart goes out to all of you involved in this situation.

Many prayers and thoughts of love for everyone involved.

Trish

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something like that can really scar a person. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom