Canadian doctors seek ATV ban for young riders

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
I don't think that's entirely true. I beleive the rule is limited to riding on roadways, ditches, and parks. Here's a link the county OHV bylaws. They're worth a read becase some of the regulations in that county ar pretty f'd up in comparison to other regulations I've come across. ...like it's illegal to double if the quad isn't a 2up. However, if you're on crown land I think you should be fine, since the Alberta Traffic Safety act allows children of any age to ride as long as they are supervised by someone over the age of 18.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType41/Production/small_vehicle_booklet_final.pdf

was in the ditch, about 200ft or so from my house...
"by-law bob" who gave me the ticket said private property only

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
was in the ditch, about 200ft or so from my house...
"by-law bob" who gave me the ticket said private property only

You just had the misfortune of running into a dickhead county cop.Paul Blart wanted to be a real cop but couldn't cut it so now he's gonna study the rule book and make a name for himself by writing tickets.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think that's entirely true. I beleive the rule is limited to riding on roadways, ditches, and parks. Here's a link the county OHV bylaws. They're worth a read becase some of the regulations in that county ar pretty f'd up in comparison to other regulations I've come across. ...like it's illegal to double if the quad isn't a 2up. However, if you're on crown land I think you should be fine, since the Alberta Traffic Safety act allows children of any age to ride as long as they are supervised by someone over the age of 18.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType41/Production/small_vehicle_booklet_final.pdf

the rules may be strict and "messed up" but at least in Parkland County you can at least use your OHV unlike some other counties around Edmonton.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You just had the misfortune of running into a dickhead county cop.Paul Blart wanted to be a real cop but couldn't cut it so now he's gonna study the rule book and make a name for himself by writing tickets.

same guy that patrols your area is my guessing.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rules may be strict and "messed up" but at least in Parkland County you can at least use your OHV unlike some other counties around Edmonton.

lol, I guess "messed up" may have been a poor choice of words. ...just meant that there are a bunch of rules you may not expect, so be aware.

Pecos

Reaction score
Great, more rules. I'm sick and tired of getting ruled to death. Love being told what to do and how to do it. Did I wake up in the old U.S.S.R ? At what point does the responsibility fall on the rider? Those doc's can kiss my lily white a$$. Time to start looking at the parents (provided the kids are under 16), it's been said many times on this thread.....I'll tell you what, I've had my kids (5 of 'em) on machines since they were 3 and they're not going to be quitting any time soon. Get the kid a machine that fits and TEACH HIM/SHE HOW TO F#$@ING RIDE PEOPLE! I watched my 12 yr old boy riding a 500 renegade dance around 98% of the "adults" that were out riding this weekend. Sure, if the machine flips he can't lift it but that's why I AM THERE at all times. If I'm not there, he doesn't ride. Period. Once he turns 16, I have all the confidence in the world of his riding abilities. This is due to him being TAUGHT how to ride, and when he goes out with his buddies I'll sleep well at night knowing he has been TAUGHT how to be responsible and ride safe.

To each his own.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of ATV rules and regulations coming for BC. Careful what you wish for!!. Alberta boys...Bring Cash, your going to need it. Do gooders, doing good yet again.

Last edited:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they bring it into a law they better give me my own ticket book cause I will be writing alot of tickets to myself. lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F*ck rules and regs, I just ride............... I could give a rats ass about helmets, age limits, rules and regulations on where you can ride and can't ride, just leave people be, all these idiots dying and getting hurt is mother natures way of weeding out the slow and weak, leaving behind a stronger race of people.

Top Bottom