Holy crapeth...ATV carnage in the media

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...and there pretty cool looking these days, light weight, ventilated well, easy to put on and off...I don't get it!!?? I have 5 helmuts for two sleds. That way if anyone wants to ride or borrow, then I have a helmut to fit them.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once again i will say the Alberta Gov. is letting this happen by not bringing in a helmut law,you guys have to insure and register your atv but hey you dont have to wear a helmut,thats crazy.ATVing can be and is a dangerous sport if you like to push the limit to get the thrill which I do often you could get hurt or killed even with the gear,I wear just about all of it and it works.sometimes sh*t happens.To much booze an lot bad judgement for those above but imsure it wasnt part of there plan ethier.

No doubt there should a helmet law in Alberta but you can't blame stupidity on the government. No matter what the sport or activity people have to take responsibility for their own actions. There are laws against drinking and driving but how many people are killed every year from the drunken idiots who think they're above the law? Quadding without a helmet or with a kid strapped to your chest is no different. The idiots seem to have a way of believing "it can't happen to them". Whether it's wearing a helmet or having a little common sense as to where you put yourself on your machine, safety starts with the rider or in some cases, the parent of the rider.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did the Fall Creek trail last week, we went downstream on the trail from above the falls. That trail is getting dangerous in places. Just upstream from the falls the trail is almost washed out. We had to be very careful where we put the rights side tires. If we had had a saw with us we would have put logs across this area. As it was coming out of the creek at one point my quad flipped up on me(driver error mostly) and I sat there looking at the gas tank while front wheels were up in the air. It did not flip over on me. I always wear a helmet, boots, gloves and a chest protector. I can imagine what would have happened to these other people with their infants strapped to them and no one wearing helmets. STUPID , IDIOTIC people. As it was I had to roll off the back of the quad onto the rocks so that I could get up on my feet. No injuries at all. What would they do in this situation.

I was a little nervous at that spot with the wider Teryx, but was able to get my tires right up against the uphill tree stump and get by, was raining and wet on the way back upstream so was even worse.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong its not there fault there dead but it could help in the fact that they werent wearng a helmut,do pedal bike riders have to wear helmets outthere?The thing is we,any of us could die ATVing even if we have all the gear on and takin kinda easy,Sh#t happens fast sometimes.

Top Bottom