24 yr old Dies in ATV accident / July 19/08

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Bruderheim last sunday and i'd have to say I was impressed with the amount of people that were wearing helmets I can't recall seeing anyone not wearing one although I did see one guy riding a utility quad with just some cheap bicycle helmet on.

NedHead

Reaction score
I must agree with your post about Bruderheim. I was there yesterday and didn't see a single soul without a helmet. Must have something to do with the fact that the RCMP routinely visit Bruderheim. On the other hand I have never seen a cop at Vega and I have seen an amazing amount of people there without helmets. Coincidence?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
helmets are so good now days your head stays cool mostly ..

back in the day i can see why people didnt wear them they made your head so hot it would sweat non stop.

my helmet is fairly cool now and its not displeasureable to wear. the ventalation they put into these helmets are a big help with getting people to actually wear them.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its better to have a helmet with holes and vents than a head with holes and vents:cool:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I started wearing body armour this spring and it is not uncomfortable at all, you get used to it right away and don't even notice it. It saved me a bruise at one time from a big branch that snapped at me and hit me in the chest. More people should wear these too, but maybe baby steps first with the helmets.

rozzy

Reaction score
Once again, you have to take resposibility for your self....No body does, it is always someone elses problem. Time to look after yourself. In some ways we need to be some-what like our southern friends and suck it up for yourself. Take responsibility for you own actions...........Learn how to ride before you buy a quad you can not handle. j

mudhellya

Reaction score
If they dont wear a helmet i don't want to ride with them cuz then i might have to perform first aid on them and call 911 and i don't have time for that as when i am riding i am on leisure time and i don't want to waste my leisure time on idiots, if your wearing a lid and have an accident (and this happens) its different because you took precautions to help yourself first IMHO

charity650

Reaction score
This is my 2 cents, I personally am a strong believer in helmets. They do save lives. My mom was in a quadding accident 5 yrs ago. She left camp on her quad to go to the river which was less than 1/2 mile away, she was told to put her helmet on, but never. 20 minutes later my dad followed to find her upside down with severe head trauma and a very small patch of road rash. So I know first hand of what not wearing 1 will do. What I want to know is, why aren't helmets included in the price of a quad when buying???? I really had to laugh the dealership that sold me my quad. After dickering back and forth with him trying to get the best deal for my self, and after buying rims, tires, tri- folding ramp, and a quad box, he was not willing to throw in a helmet. I spent well over $15000,00 in his shop in 1 day and he could not even blink at the idea of throwing in a $125 dollar helmet!! What is with that?? That is where alot of the problem lies. By the time a person buys a atv or utv, they look at the wallet figuring they've spent too much already, that they figure nope can't afford a $125 helmet, so they don't get 1.
The way I look at it is an investment. I invested all this money into my quad, why not ensure my life.

Top Bottom