artic cats?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well its got new plugs, got good compression, its still an awesome sled but this is like the first problem i have had with it

yea....no, i dont think i'd do a back flip on my zrt lol

If its the first problem you've had with it, I wouldn't be so quick to want to sell it and jump to a poo or a doo :D....how long's it been since they made the ZRT?? First problem in 8-10 yrs, I'd say that's pretty damn good for any sled.

good that its got new plugs, but does it have spark?

if its got spark then I would start to go to the carbs. Cold start issue likely choke related to me. I don't think the outside temp has anything to do with it if it doesn't start at +3 or +25. What about the fuel pump, did your vacuum line come off?

Need more info.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not really mechanically inclined with sleds, but all plugs have spark, its run a quite a bit this winter, this is the first time the sled hasnt started but its been fairly good, maybe the odd time it would have an issue. i have noticed that one of the carbs is flooding, it doesnt flood the plug it just runs out in the overflow, as far as comression i'm not sure what it has,or anything else like that

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not really mechanically inclined with sleds, but all plugs have spark, its run a quite a bit this winter, this is the first time the sled hasnt started but its been fairly good, maybe the odd time it would have an issue. i have noticed that one of the carbs is flooding, it doesnt flood the plug it just runs out in the overflow, as far as comression i'm not sure what it has,or anything else like that

If it's running out the overflow then the float is sticking down and/or the needle is stuck open, could be something stuck in the needle/seat area or the float is stuck. Give the carb a couple good shakes with your hand, usually that helps.

If all plugs have spark then its likely fuel related.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may need a sharp rap with a handle or something, but the more i hear, it sounds fuel related floats are stuck, why? clean out carbs may be a start :beer:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
put some fuel down the cylinders and give her a pull, if she fires and runs for a few seconds then you know for sure its fuel related

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best way to burn a vehicle is a bag of original lays, light them up and put them under your dash, apparently they can tell if the fire started from everything but that..... only problem is how do you explain to the insurance company why there was chips under your hood?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best way to burn a vehicle is a bag of original lays, light them up and put them under your dash, apparently they can tell if the fire started from everything but that..... only problem is how do you explain to the insurance company why there was chips under your hood?

If they couldn't tell how the fire started - why would you need to explain anything? :)

Any why burn a sled that's 10 yrs old? I'll give you 3 guesses as to how much the insurance payout is going to be and I'll give you a hint - the bag of lays will cost you more than the payout will be.

Top Bottom