Are MUDDERS really that STUPID?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet dave we agree again, gotta quit that, hehe. i see no problem washing the quad of mud persay, but the stirring of the gravel base could have an effect, granted it may not be much in the grand scheme of things. but the constant churning of the gravel can and has effect on fish eggs already layed. but then a few big rains like this summer will have way more impact. in the end why get people upset and provide ammo for the greenies that want to shut us down.

plus i'm thinkin there is a large fine involved when caught doing this.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If by Mudders you mean yourself Green horn because you are the idiot that posted this on the web.

Thanks putz and please go find a new hobby we dont need or want you in ours.

TB

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
What gets me about this you can't run your quads in the water but sure phuck yea put a boat in.... And on that boat put a bilge pump and with that bilge pump pump out any water in your boat along with any oil, grease, cleaning chit you have used on the boat. And just in case you didn't do enough damage then let's make an all aluminum boat with a jet so you can run in no water and slide across river beds too...... But yea let's go for the quaders.....I feel this way and I'm a boater....let the Phuckin guy wash his quad in peace

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never thought it was a big deal but am still trying to decide for myself exactly how I feel about it. In an attempt to do just that and motivate myself to act a little more responsibly, I've been trying to inquire about exactly what the environmental concers are. ...granted, it's a relatively poor attempt, but at least I'm asking some questions. I'm finding any readily available info on the subject is incomplete and grossly biased. If I ever do find some USEFUL information on the subject, I will be sure to post it up.

While I do wash sometimes and don't have a strong optinion one way or the other yet, I gotta say that siting other sources of environmental carnage to defend your own is pretty weak. Just because you perceive the other offenders as worse doesn't give you the right to absolve yourself of what you perceive to be a lesser evil. ...not preach'n, just say'n. "Yeah occifer, I killed a man but that other guy killed two, so you better go chase him down first before thinking of knocking on my door again."

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I never thought it was a big deal but am still trying to decide for myself exactly how I feel about it. In an attempt to do just that and motivate myself to act a little more responsibly, I've been trying to inquire about exactly what the environmental concers are. ...granted, it's a relatively poor attempt, but at least I'm asking some questions. I'm finding any readily available info on the subject is incomplete and grossly biased. If I ever do find some USEFUL information on the subject, I will be sure to post it up.

While I do wash sometimes and don't have a strong optinion one way or the other yet, I gotta say that siting other sources of environmental carnage to defend your own is pretty weak. Just because you perceive the other offenders as worse doesn't give you the right to absolve yourself of what you perceive to be a lesser evil. ...not preach'n, just say'n. "Yeah occifer, I killed a man but that other guy killed two, so you better go chase him down first before thinking of knocking on my door again."

Someone did post a thread with a link to an environmental study on the impacts don't remember the thread but it is here somewhere

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things we could do a lot worse, but I think we need to temper our concerns with the type of enviroment that you are in. i.e would you wash off your quad say in Ruby Lake, I would think not. Would you give your quad a wash off in Cardnal River on your way back from Ruby Lake, you gotta drive through it regardless, the mud and such that is on your quad is from the surrounding area and I am pretty sure that we as quadders don't even hold a candle to the last rain storm that went through there. I think some common sense needs to prevail rather than the knee jerk reaction that results from a quadder giving a rinse off in a stream. If your quad is spewing oil grease and what ever, you should probably not be driving it in the first place! You will never, ever come to a consensus with the enviromental folk as they tend to the extreme with the pendulum of thought. However that doesn't absolve us from kicking the crap out our riding areas. Again common sense.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone did post a thread with a link to an environmental study on the impacts don't remember the thread but it is here somewhere

So far, this is all I've been able to find posted on S&M.

There's some good info and guidelines in there that every off roader could stand to read, but I would much rather see the results of a good, unbiased study. By "unbiased" I mean that I should be able to deduce when it IS perfectly acceptable to cross a waterway (as well as when it is not) because I'm sure there are certain situations where it would have no significant impact.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Holy smokes,we are all gonna die cause this guy parked his rzr in a creek???????I don't see any evidence of him washing it ,rather it looks to me like he is giving the tubers the right of way and courteously waiting for them to float by before crossing the creek.
I admit I cross a creek once in a while, but I don't treat our creeks and rivers like a car wash:nono:. Please show a little respect for our water:fish:. Without it we all will die!:mad: All it takes is a few people to do stupid things and all areas will be :drive::closed_2:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy smokes,we are all gonna die cause this guy parked his rzr in a creek???????I don't see any evidence of him washing it ,rather it looks to me like he is giving the tubers the right of way and courteously waiting for them to float by before crossing the creek.

If I was him I would have went all out balls out and hit the little bastards. Don't want to risk staying in the water too long.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image001.jpg

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who gives a chit about our environment anyway. We will all be gone in a hundred years right?

Last edited by a moderator:

i ford i

Reaction score
Think we need to put a muzzle on this right here..... I am no wildlife nor environment expert, but what I can say, is if I went by this- it wouldn't even occur to me that this man is doing something wrong. Feel free to call me nieve. But I don't see the man tearing up the river or causing grief for the nearby tubers. Now as previously mentioned- the hippies are looking for something to babble and slander about- then yes there might be a issue. Otherwords- let your flag fly....

Only REAL issue I see with this is that its a polaris..... Haha... had to.

Reactions: LBZ

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it's not the source of any major problem. But it's more than a handle for tree huggers to hold on to. Cross creeks and rivers lots but a person doesn't need to park in em for sure.

And an even bigger question is why would a fellow ATVer post a pic like this online and bitch about it in an open forum? This just gives the eco nazi's more ammo for their fight.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And an even bigger question is why would a fellow ATVer post a pic like this online and bitch about it in an open forum? This just gives the eco nazi's more ammo for their fight.

Maybe I am trying to open a dialog about this.:confused:
You mean I cannot have a say in this country/forum?:confused:
Do I care about beautiful riding areas yes!:D
Do I see them being abused by people with no vision yes!:mad:
Will 1 person washing a quad wreck anything....maybe, but look beyond one person to hundreds maybe thousands doing this. :eek:
Maybe I would like my children to experience ATVing, but look at the trails and think back 1, 2 or even 3 years and tell me that we cannot do better!
:twocents:I am no way associated with any environmental groups.....all I am trying to say is look at the BIG PICTURE! Use common sense! And if all else fails... call me names:rolleyes:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will 1 person washing a quad wreck anything....maybe, but look beyond one person to hundreds maybe thousands doing this. :eek:
Maybe I would like my children to experience ATVing, but look at the trails and think back 1, 2 or even 3 years and tell me that we cannot do better!
:twocents:I am no way associated with any environmental groups.....all I am trying to say is look at the BIG PICTURE! Use common sense! And if all else fails... call me names:rolleyes:

B.s greeny. U have spouted about simalier chit before to the green thumper side.
So don't make it look Luke Ur not a greeny thumper.

sent from my htc

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All i want to know if how do you think posting that picture helps our cause to keep areas open??

There are better ways to make your point that don't give up so much ammunition to the green side.

TB

Top Bottom