Are MUDDERS really that STUPID?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually sled area are becoming like quad places. Garbage left cig butts tossed in the snow. We are a easy target to be picked on.

It's about educating ourselves and friends.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reading this thread has been very entertaining, it never ceases to amaze me how pent up people can get without snow! dont worry brothers and sisters, it'll all be better very soon, and we can get back to arguing about more important things like how much better the XM Summit will perform than the other 3 mountain sled builders this season.

Not everyone here rides sleds, but us quaders can go year round so we don't have an off season to whine about.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All in favor for seeing more threads like this disappear???

Not saying that this is a bad thread, but like I have said. It could have come across differently.
Just remember...... it might be YOUR thread that disappear's as well !!!

I'm all in for doing this, for the better cause of this forum. But for every action there is an equal an opposite reaction.
I have been quadding across AB and BC, as well as sand duning throughout the States. Forums like this is what the SRD and the Greenies prey on!! We ALL can be our worst enemies for having our riding area's shut down.
Think before you reply..... We all like to be heard, but in what way???
Nailed it on the head

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta say this is amazing, on a scale of 1-100 the environmental impact of ATV's has gotta be about .001 which is barely a step above draught beer and pickled egg induced flatulence.

Ohhhhh, it's a lot higher than that. Just take a look at some of the riparian areas that have been torn up by the irresponsible in our sport. And unfortunately it's not just a few of us any more.

Last edited:

big_bubba_b

Reaction score
i always ride through the rivers or creeks to get mud off my quad it is no worse then people washing themselves in lakes when camping , but only around the trails i wont go in a nature preservitory or anything , yes were quaders and most of us have brains unlike most tree huggers,

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i always ride through the rivers or creeks to get mud off my quad it is no worse then people washing themselves in lakes when camping , but only around the trails i wont go in a nature preservitory or anything , yes were quaders and most of us have brains unlike most tree huggers,

I pee in creeks and rivers all the time

Reactions: LBZ

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone realize or ever take into account the power of water? Any disturbance done by Atv's or SXS's is pretty much literally washed away within a day or so depending on how fast it is flowing. I guarantee that any silt that is picked up and thrown into the water system by an ATV crossing or washing would be spread out and washed to the banks in short order. Unless you are rootin around in the river during a spawning, the chances of doing any damage that would affect the fish in that stream is almost not measurable.

I agree with Tex, the mud, sand, trees, and other contaminants both manmade and natural washed into any water system by the heavy rains we have had as of late have a WAY bigger impact then anyone jacking around in the creek. It's absolutely ridiculous to me that anyone with rational educated thinking would be concerned about a few atv's messin about in a river. A spring fed pond or lake, or slow moving water, are much more fragile and are a little different in how they react to outside contaminants and need to be protected a little differently, but mother nature on the whole will clean herself up or adapt if neccessary alot faster than many would lead you to believe.

For example swamps that I and thousands of others ripped through for years in the Alberta back-country and were then everyone abandoned or were closed for awhile have recovered and built back to the point where you would never know anyone had ever been there before in a matter of a year or two. The frogs, birds and mosquiito's are all still there and healthy as ever.

Stop drinking the environmental Kool-Aid. For every so-called study done there is always another one out there that says the opposite. So just let mother nature do her thing, those that are affected if at all will adapt or move-it's what nature does. Instead of posting up nonsense like the OP did, go hug your wife and kids and spend more time with your family. You will live longer and be happier as a whole.

And if I'm wrong may mother nature strike me down!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking, give it up green hornet, this has to be one of the most pathetic threads in recent history,go walk the ditches and pick up cans and garbage, and while your at it grow a sack..... if you were so worried about it and not such a coward you coulda went and said something to him

What gets me about this you can't run your quads in the water but sure phuck yea put a boat in.... And on that boat put a bilge pump and with that bilge pump pump out any water in your boat along with any oil, grease, cleaning chit you have used on the boat. And just in case you didn't do enough damage then let's make an all aluminum boat with a jet so you can run in no water and slide across river beds too...... But yea let's go for the quaders.....I feel this way and I'm a boater....let the Phuckin guy wash his quad in peace

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking, give it up green hornet, this has to be one of the most pathetic threads in recent history,go walk the ditches and pick up cans and garbage, and while your at it grow a sack..... if you were so worried about it and not such a coward you coulda went and said something to him

Huh ,see now I agree with you well said.:beer:

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol just noticed I called him green hornet........ was watching that movie last night, I guess I got that stuck in my head

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So maybe we should just combine this thread with the one about azzholes not wearing helmets, would make the world a whole lot easier for those that want to shut the sport down. Give your heads a shake, the laws are in place, a website isn't going to change them, half the dumb s**ts commenting on these posts wouldn't have a clue how to change regulations in this province. Judging by some of the comments, I may as well wash a D7 in a creek, oh, no issues there. Of course all your quads don't leak any oil or anti freeze. For Christ's sake's, check out SRD'd new public lands regs and see what freight train is about to hit you. Man, there's some stupid people, the thread started as a heads up and all you can do do is dump on it. Until you got a whole bunch of letters behind your name, your comments are worth s**t to the people who make the rules.

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So maybe we should just combine this thread with the one about azzholes not wearing helmets, would make the world a whole lot easier for those that want to shut the sport down. Give your heads a shake, the laws are in place, a website isn't going to change them, half the dumb s**ts commenting on these posts wouldn't have a clue how to change regulations in this province. Judging by some of the comments, I may as well wash a D7 in a creek, oh, no issues there. Of course all your quads don't leak any oil or anti freeze. For Christ's sake's, check out SRD'd new public lands regs and see what freight train is about to hit you. Man, there's some stupid people, the thread started as a heads up and all you can do do is dump on it. Until you got a whole bunch of letters behind your name, your comments are worth s**t to the people who make the rules.

Wait so am I allowed to wash a D7 in the creek?

Top Bottom