are all bosses jerks or just mine?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmm ya then I tell you right now that you don't want to work for me....

Just remember most of your bosses start right where you are so he knows where the level is at where you should be at and he is paid to put you there if you can't keep up he will find someone who will......it's call a job if it was meant to be fun they wouldn't have to pay anyone to work there.

take into account where he is working not to disrespect the managers at tims but how qualified can they be

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I"ve had my fair share of dickhead bosses as well. My dad told me a long time ago "never quit a job unless you already have another one"
I think that was good advice. Keep a picture of that new sled you want in your pocket and when your boss isn't looking, stare at it, think of his words and repeat to yourself silently "like water off a ducks back, like water off a ducks back, like water......etc."
When you're young it's hard not to take everything personally, like the guys on here, they're just trying to get a rise out of you, so try not to take it the wrong way:)
Telling him off will only get you fired, it's not like you're a nuclear physicist and he needs you to save the world, he'll send you packing, go into his office, pick through that stack of resumes, and have his new whipping boy there before you clean out your locker:)
Find that new job first, then tell him off, at least you'll feel better, and don't forget that picture of your new sled when you leave!!
Someone else mentioned in this thread " the grass isn't always greener" and I'll add "be careful what you wish for" because the new boss might be worse than the old one. They are all going to be friendly when they hire you (if he acted like an azzhole in the interview would you actually take the job?)

Good luck Joey

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It usually isn't greener on the other side of the fence although in some cases it might be. It sounds like it's fairly mild whats going on here. I farm with family and it's not easy by any streach of the imagination we have our days where we are constantly after each other. The important part is you enjoy your job and the good days out number the bad.

You think it's bad having your boss (A guy you never knew or have to look at only when your at work) b!tch about the way you do stuff but when it's your own family you have to remember to stay positive and forgive because these are the same people you have to look face to face with at holidays, weddings, funerals, and other family gatherings.

Realize that there is ALWAYS room for improvment and like most others have said here head down and azz up. REMEMBER: If do something you enjoy you'll NEVER WORK a day in your life!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing I can agree with is finding something you like, but your young and you don't exactly have much choice right now.

I'm 21 and still no frigging idea what I want to do. But I know even though I make good money with my dad right now I don't want to do construction forever it sucks. The big paycheque gets old really quick. My last job I went to because it had potential to make $150k a year, but I hated it and wouldn't be happy even making that kind of money.

I surprisingly never heard anything from my boss after telling him off, but it was a different situation he couldn't fire me if he wanted to. But it sure does feel nice to do it.

The worst thing I had was one women who was training for a supervisor job gave me ch!t for taking lunch, even though that job had 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. Actually took me aside and asked WTF I was doing (half of the people were taking lunch and said it was cool), told me the new guy is ALWAYS working if anyone is. Didn't take it very well......told her if there's a half hour I ain't getting paid there's a half hour I ain't working and you kiss my a$$ if you don't like it. Couldn't believe it, a lot of people were use to working threw a unpaid lunch and scared to ask for overtime.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd be amazed at what people put up with and still stick around. The things people are asked to do and do it. I've known people that have worked for months with the promise of being paid. Work hard and earn some respect. It's never free.
From the bosses side of it. Think of how many model employees he's had to deal with especially with the turnover a timmies would have.
I thought my first boss was a dick cause he pushed hard for deadlines and results. One day he came over to me and a co-worker and asked why we weren't taking breaks. We said cause we're trying to get this stuff done. He told us that we should always take required breaks and lunches. When the first big layoffs come around then you find out if they value you.
My current boss is nothing but amazing. Treats me with respect, always asks for my opinion and input, get's me the kind of projects I want. I trust her and I have made sure she knows that she can trust me. That's how I think people get good jobs that they enjoy.
22 years so far.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
oH NO!

jUST READ THROUGH THIS THREAD.

pOOR jOEY AGAIN!

Don't fret the small stuff young man. You will find something you like and do well at.

Remeber, even if you feel you are mistreated, you have the option of asking your boss for a meeting and let your feelings be known.

As we have only heard your version and not the other side, maybe there is issues with you staying focused or lolly gagging.

Who knows till there is both sides heard/

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oH NO!

jUST READ THROUGH THIS THREAD.

pOOR jOEY AGAIN!

Don't fret the small stuff young man. You will find something you like and do well at.

Remeber, even if you feel you are mistreated, you have the option of asking your boss for a meeting and let your feelings be known.

As we have only heard your version and not the other side, maybe there is issues with you staying focused or lolly gagging.

Who knows till there is both sides heard/

i would do that but i already have another job.

just waiting to move in 2 weeks

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My last boss never really gave me any grief it was more from other guys I worked with because I used to be fat and was the young shop hand. There was one old guy that did the least amount of work and always rode my ass. Looking over my shoulder, he would watch me fawk up, laugh and then pick me apart. Man did I want to knock his old ass out. I started to purposely do things to piss him off and get under his skin like he did mine. I got laid off and learned a lot, probably one of the best things to happen to me. I realized I needed to get in shape, go back to school because I didn't want to work in the oil industry. I was able to collect EI in the mean time for a bit.

/end of life story

Try to become his friend if you can, ask him questions about his family, last time he had a holiday, where did he go, how was that. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Or

If he gets mad, get crazy mad.. You have to out due his madness. Start talking to yourself in 3rd person before he gets a chance to say it. You say "Joey must go faster" "Joey work work work" "Joey must pour coffee quicker without burning"

Some times people don't realize how ridiculous they are being so you have to imitate them.

AWESOME IDEA!!! BEST ONE YET!

thanks that will work perfectly , i should get everyone to do that

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I"ve had my fair share of dickhead bosses as well. My dad told me a long time ago "never quit a job unless you already have another one"
I think that was good advice. Keep a picture of that new sled you want in your pocket and when your boss isn't looking, stare at it, think of his words and repeat to yourself silently "like water off a ducks back, like water off a ducks back, like water......etc."
When you're young it's hard not to take everything personally, like the guys on here, they're just trying to get a rise out of you, so try not to take it the wrong way:)
Telling him off will only get you fired, it's not like you're a nuclear physicist and he needs you to save the world, he'll send you packing, go into his office, pick through that stack of resumes, and have his new whipping boy there before you clean out your locker:)
Find that new job first, then tell him off, at least you'll feel better, and don't forget that picture of your new sled when you leave!!
Someone else mentioned in this thread " the grass isn't always greener" and I'll add "be careful what you wish for" because the new boss might be worse than the old one. They are all going to be friendly when they hire you (if he acted like an azzhole in the interview would you actually take the job?)

Good luck Joey

our uniforms dont have pockets:mad:

we might be thieves:eek::rolleyes:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it is tim hortons , and if you think its slow , go home and make your own fawkin' coffee!!!!!!
Hey Joey but thats the way it is at Timmy`s us in the real world would be toast if we moved that slow. Try 7 Eleven,
I only go to timmys if there are no Cops in the parking lot..

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey but thats the way it is at Timmy`s us in the real world would be toast if we moved that slow. Try 7 Eleven,
I only go to timmys if there are no Cops in the parking lot..

not the ones in maynooth , bancroft , peterborough ect...........you get treated with respect and dignity wheather your a customer or employee

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I ain't reading this whole freaking thread....

BUT

I've said it before and here it is again.....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OjnwxhL72o&feature=&p=86B0C51D2BFA3B8A&index=0&playnext=1[/YT]

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
AND........

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ5V7gvOjOU&feature=related[/YT]

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, if your boss is stressed, hes gonna take it out on his employees, just how it is. in the fast food indusrty you will never find a "nice" boss just how it is. i have never had an a$$ for a boss, sure i have got in ch!t lots .. ie SLY ( just saying ) but you get over it and go back to work and not let it bother you.. and really if u called any of my bosses back i garintee i get a good reference because i shut up and listened. and did my job.

you let way to much stuff get to you bro.. just Relax take it as it comes and when its done its done. DONT HOLD GRUDGES you never know that guy could nail you the best job of ur life because of a referance. just saying.

best words i can say is live goes on, and dude just forget about what happened during that day look at whats happening now and later. again whats done is done and u cant change that. if u quit your position will be replaced just like that. you are money to him thats all.. u will learn that through out life.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, if your boss is stressed, hes gonna take it out on his employees, just how it is. in the fast food indusrty you will never find a "nice" boss just how it is. i have never had an a$$ for a boss, sure i have got in ch!t lots .. ie SLY ( just saying ) but you get over it and go back to work and not let it bother you.. and really if u called any of my bosses back i garintee i get a good reference because i shut up and listened. and did my job.

you let way to much stuff get to you bro.. just Relax take it as it comes and when its done its done. DONT HOLD GRUDGES you never know that guy could nail you the best job of ur life because of a referance. just saying.

best words i can say is live goes on, and dude just forget about what happened during that day look at whats happening now and later. again whats done is done and u cant change that. if u quit your position will be replaced just like that. you are money to him thats all.. u will learn that through out life.

i know i let to much chit get to me.
but its just me.

i dont hold grudges , and i will ignore him , only for another two weeks and then i'm gone , hopefully my next boss is nicer! its a women so maybe.

thanks

Top Bottom