Sufferin or thrivin?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not working anymore, got official word today the company approved my application for termination. Last day in office Aug 31 but I stay home from now till off payroll in Nov. and then they buy out my contract

Two ski boats in the stable, just need some heat. Life is good.

Awesomeness
Life is good hey .

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thriving, I suppose. Lucky enough to be working and not much has changed. We were suppose to go to Maui in April, but We’re doing a bunch of work around the yard instead. Driveway redone, pad in the back yard and a gazebo.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not working anymore, got official word today the company approved my application for termination. Last day in office Aug 31 but I stay home from now till off payroll in Nov. and then they buy out my contract

Congrats on pulling the pin! Lots of time for all the fun stuff now

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

”We will, we will rock you!” Enjoy my friend. It wasn’t from sitting on yer ass this happened!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
”We will, we will rock you!” Enjoy my friend. It wasn’t from sitting on yer ass this happened!

44 years of hard work and lots of home life sacrificed. The last twenty managing people's careers and that is stressful when you are responsible for the future of others. They let me choose my terms to end it and that was nice.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Another thriving to add to my list, I sold a couple used quads and now am looking for a renegade for my son, can't find anything used for a decent price and if it is I cannot get to it quick enough, so I start phoning dealers to look for a nice used or layover new quad and all of them said they are pretty much out of stock, have no more stock coming soon and they said its like the oil boom times with people buying quads, they can't keep up and wish they had more inventory. The most common thing that they all told me is that people can't travel so they are spending holiday money on machines, anyone got a 2103 and up renegade 800 for sale for a reasonable price?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jealous! Congrats on the retirement

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had ups and downs this year. Laid off end of March for the first time in 20 plus years of welding. Got a temporary job that lasted around 2 months then got laid off again. But found another job the next day! The pay is low but it’s a job and has some good opportunities in the future. My wife got laid off the same day as me and she just got a call back today.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been lucky with the rig I am working on. We had a long term contract in Ghana to get us through the last oil crisis and our performance there has lead us to find contracts since we finished up over there. Currently in Angola at anchor waiting to go back to operations, talk of starting back up on August 25th, but will depend on whats happening in the work I imagine. We usually work 4 weeks on 4 weeks off but with 2 weeks quarantine required in Angola we might have to go to 6 weeks on 4 weeks off, so that will be the only downfall. But our contract is good until May 2021 so just have to suck it up and hope things start turning around by then.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thriving to add to my list, I sold a couple used quads and now am looking for a renegade for my son, can't find anything used for a decent price and if it is I cannot get to it quick enough, so I start phoning dealers to look for a nice used or layover new quad and all of them said they are pretty much out of stock, have no more stock coming soon and they said its like the oil boom times with people buying quads, they can't keep up and wish they had more inventory. The most common thing that they all told me is that people can't travel so they are spending holiday money on machines, anyone got a 2103 and up renegade 800 for sale for a reasonable price?

If you spent as much time searching and researching quads as working somewhere, you’d have 20g’s in the bank. It’s called stepping over dollars to pick up nickels. Smarten up.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well again kanedog you are speaking from your ass, you have no idea what I am doing, how hard I work or what I am doing to try to get through these times but you have to be a keyboard a-hole, go away you are not welcome here. For anyone who cares I have sold 2 quads and been saving my cash for quite awhile, won't finance a toy so am I wrong to phone around and find a deal and how am I passing a dollar to pick up a quarter, don't understand, all I have done is try to buy machines that are difficult to get because everyone else is snapping them up, just a little challenge right now but I find it interesting that all the toys are sold in Alberta, good for the dealerships as everyone gets their turn.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well again kanedog you are speaking from your ass, you have no idea what I am doing, how hard I work or what I am doing to try to get through these times but you have to be a keyboard a-hole, go away you are not welcome here. For anyone who cares I have sold 2 quads and been saving my cash for quite awhile, won't finance a toy so am I wrong to phone around and find a deal and how am I passing a dollar to pick up a quarter, don't understand, all I have done is try to buy machines that are difficult to get because everyone else is snapping them up, just a little challenge right now but I find it interesting that all the toys are sold in Alberta, good for the dealerships as everyone gets their turn.
I’m not welcome here? Since when were you elected to represent 50,000 members of snow and mud? Who tf do you think you are? Somebody important? I’m still waiting for you to contribute to this forum and build the membership and generate interest.

If you don’t want comments on your life, don’t post it on a public forum then cry about it when someone comments.
Btw, I didn’t sled with you because you are a sledding liability and I knew I may as well be sledding on my own. I didn’t feel comfortable as you had no radio, no survival/overnight gear, no spare gas and you were asking others on where to climb to avoid avy’s. When we first met, you asked me 3 times in 30 seconds to sled together the next day. I knew right there your judgement skills were lacking. I like to assess my riding partners ability and I assessed you as a liability. Your pretty self centered and a manipulator and I saw right through you when we went for dinner. I held back on this public forum as you seem like an emotionally delicate person. I didn’t want to crush you emotionally. But now you choose to put the gloves back on.

Im trying to help you to see the bigger picture and you got defensive. You took it personally and called me names. Your always whining/sniveling about money and that’s why I offered to pay for your room and food for the extra day that apparently I cost you. I’ve never seen someone complain so much about money but then do nothing about it. The quad gig is great. It’s done now. Move on. Find another income flow now. Instead of talking about it, do something about it. Go work for Niner. He’s 4 men short and if you work as hard as you say you do, you should be able to collect 2 guys wages by helping producing structures. You need a kick in the before you waste your life penny pinching and worrying about how everyone makes money. Do something about your situation or quit cryin. I tried to help you see the light. You can bring a horse to water.

Last edited:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Go away loser you are not wanted here, everything in your statement is fabricated by you and completely false but this will be my last reply to your child like comments so go find another pot to stir, you are not worth my time and it's a shame that people like you are allowed on the same mountain as others, you will definitely be a detriment to someone but it will never be me or anyone in our group as we are afraid of our safety around you, good luck wanna be.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go away loser you are not wanted here, everything in your statement is fabricated by you and completely false but this will be my last reply to your child like comments so go find another pot to stir, you are not worth my time and it's a shame that people like you are allowed on the same mountain as others, you will definitely be a detriment to someone but it will never be me or anyone in our group as we are afraid of our safety around you, good luck wanna be.

Yep, I fabricated the reason I chose not to sled with you. I fabricated you ride a yammi turbo and pack no gas on a 23km trail in to an area. I’ve had enough babysitting unprepared peeps in my 29years of real mountain riding. Haha, you say your afraid to ride with me? But you’re the guy that packs no radio, zero safety equipment or survival gear? Good one. I don’t think you even had an avy pack ffs. You are unprepared to ride in the backcountry. That’s why I chose not to sled with your ass. You are a liability. I knew the comment would crush your confidence for the rest of your life. That’s why I gave no reason why I didn’t sled with you. I felt sorry for you. You and your boyfriends did a grade school gang up/insult/bully me for not riding with you but I manned up and took it. I didn’t say a word. I didn’t crack and tell the real reason. But now you had to call me names and now ya get the horns. Now you are a wounded soul, filled with self doubt.

Oh ya, I’ve been in the mountains since ‘91. I pack 80 pounds, yes, 80 lbs including extra fuel and gear to survive overnight and perform first aid if needed. The mountains are 1.5hrs from my house. You have to drive 5hrs and do a half day on Sundays. My experience and wisdom have you crushed. I ain’t no weekend warrior. Unlike you, I can show up solo and not cry about how a stranger ruined my weekend cuz he didn’t want to sled with me.
I’m a wicked judge of character and I hit the nail in the head with you. Ahahaha. Go cry to your dad. Maybe get a hug. So easy get riled up. Maybe you will get mad enough to change your life. I dare ya to try something new and uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Nevermind. Just went back and checked who started this thread. Guess it's ok if you want to derail your own thread.

Top Bottom