Anyone inflate an avalanche airbag wearing a neck brace?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The vest is setup just like a backpack. Shovel compartment on back, handle on side.
They have storage as well 15ish L.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with the vest, where do you keep your shovel, probe, and survial gear?

We're used to hiking with a pack so the avalacne pack and suvival gear feels just fine, Lori from Zac's Tracks commented recently in a rescue seminar we took, " I'm 125lbs and wear a ABS 30L pack, if I can handle it".....

It's a vest back pack. Check the vid and you will see. Shovel outside the pack everything else inside. It's great I love it!

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ABS Airbag Activation Unit

Thats at martin in edmonton

C$149.99

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
$20 was what I was told what I bought it.... At $75 your almost at the cost of a new canister. They're all recycled, you exchange yours for a new refilled one, your old one get refilled and inspected and then sold to someone else when they exchange theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys the ABS cannisters are refillable but we do it in Langley, BC for all of North America. The charge should be $40.00 to refill. I have blown off over 500 packs and have yet to have a problem with a cannister, this is why we want to refill them as we have a special machine that fills and seals the bottle. The expense is for the shipping of the bottle back and forth to the shops. If you find the price to high at a dealer then shop around or send them back to ABS in Langley. I have always said with any avy pack you should have a spare bottle or in abs case a spare bottle and handle. If you blow any avy bag off by accident in the parking lot or on a Saturday and you want to go Sunday or Monday then your riding with a 500.00 to 1200.00 pack that you cant use. A spare will allow you to set up your bag immediately and use. At the Edmonton Sled show we had a wicked deal 99.00 for a spare handle and cartridge. The guys who took advantage of that were smart as the retail is around $160.00-$185.00 and spare bottles for BCA and Snowpulse are about $235.00

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do you wear a neck brace rowdy? I have one for jumping on the dirtbike but never thought it was necessary but now you got me worried!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sprained my neck 2 Seasons ago. Don't want to feel that again

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much does it cost to get a snowpulse canister refilled?

Don't know what the dealers are charging, but I can get my scuba cylinder filled for 5 bucks, then I can fill probably 15
Snowpulse cylinders from it with a paintball adapter before I drop the pressure too far to get a proper fill.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy is that the 1st time you have pulled a trigger on a bag before? By the video it looked like you were unsure how hard to pull on it or was it harder to pull than other bags you've tried or worn?

That was the first time i had ever pulled one. Had no idea how hard to pull. Now I know you can really reef on it and not hurt it

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a vest back pack. Check the vid and you will see. Shovel outside the pack everything else inside. It's great I love it!

Didnt see it in the vid, and havent seen the vests up close, should have asked, only makes sense, cant see a company making something like this and not having room for the saftey equipment.

Just been running into lots of guys late dont feel the need or claim they cant ride with out carrying thier gear, they feel straping it to the sled is just as good.....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didnt see it in the vid, and havent seen the vests up close, should have asked, only makes sense, cant see a company making something like this and not having room for the saftey equipment.

Just been running into lots of guys late dont feel the need or claim they cant ride with out carrying thier gear, they feel straping it to the sled is just as good.......

I don't ride with an avi bag, but the mentality of the ppl you see in your last line is just plain stupid!!!

Top Bottom