Anyone inflate an avalanche airbag wearing a neck brace?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told the vest will keep you warm. I like it because it almost molds to you. Kind of becomes part of you instead of feeling like a back pac

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told the vest will keep you warm. I like it because it almost molds to you. Kind of becomes part of you instead of feeling like a back pac
It definately distributes the weight more on your upper body. It has become the #1 seller for bags in our shop now for sure.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get armor for it that fits into the specially designed front pockets so you could drop your tekvest if you wanted.

thanks snopro. i've never priced em. what's the ball park on the prices? same as packs?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of that vest!! Probably takes the weight off I your back aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are similar pricing to the ABS packs and cheaper to recharge cylinders for sure. Haven't asked our parts guy what they go for this year. I can find out for you though or maybe Rowdy can chime in.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what it feels like. I love the way it feels like ur just wearing a coat not a pack but the real test will be this season

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's what it feels like. I love the way it feels like ur just wearing a coat not a pack but the real test will be this season

Hopefully you don't have to test it this season

Sent by Crapatalk, till I get a new laptop.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are similar pricing to the ABS packs and cheaper to recharge cylinders for sure. Haven't asked our parts guy what they go for this year. I can find out for you though or maybe Rowdy can chime in.

I chose my ABS bag over other brands for various reasons. But that best idea defiantly is nice. How much does it cost to get a snowpulse canister refilled?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It definately distributes the weight more on your upper body. It has become the #1 seller for bags in our shop now for sure.
Haha it sure is Ken. I picked up your last 3 today and ordered 2 more.
p.s I may have taken ur flex track.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as the armor goes, I got it last year with my vest and ended up taking it out. I found it felt restricting...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha it sure is Ken. I picked up your last 3 today and ordered 2 more.
p.s I may have taken ur flex track.
Thats great Devon. I told Corey to give it to you and reorder for me. I figured you might get to the work part of the job sooner than me. Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I chose my ABS bag over other brands for various reasons. But that best idea defiantly is nice. How much does it cost to get a snowpulse canister refilled?

Its not much Dallas. The shop does mine for free but any dive shop, firehall or Snowpulse dealer can do it. Its just compressed air.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not much Dallas. The shop does mine for free but any dive shop, firehall or Snowpulse dealer can do it. Its just compressed air.

Yea for sure not Much to it, I think ABS canisters are $20 to fill? Kinda like the idea of the ABS people filling and checking them Over before It goes In my Bag though.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea for sure not Much to it, I think ABS canisters are $20 to fill? Kinda like the idea of the ABS people filling and checking them Over before It goes In my Bag though.

$20? Wow I have heard as much as $75 including shipping.

sleslie

Reaction score
I filled my Snowpulse canister in Red Deer today for $14, I supplied the brass burst disc though.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

its 45 if you trade in your old one, 100 if you dont...

Atleast thats what I was told when I bought mine, they use a destructive method on the abs bags

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$20? Wow I have heard as much as $75 including shipping.

$20 was what I was told what I bought it.... At $75 your almost at the cost of a new canister. They're all recycled, you exchange yours for a new refilled one, your old one get refilled and inspected and then sold to someone else when they exchange theirs.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$20 was what I was told what I bought it.... At $75 your almost at the cost of a new canister. They're all recycled, you exchange yours for a new refilled one, your old one get refilled and inspected and then sold to someone else when they exchange theirs.

Where was that at?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with the vest, where do you keep your shovel, probe, and survial gear?

We're used to hiking with a pack so the avalacne pack and suvival gear feels just fine, Lori from Zac's Tracks commented recently in a rescue seminar we took, " I'm 125lbs and wear a ABS 30L pack, if I can handle it".....

Top Bottom