Anyone inflate an avalanche airbag wearing a neck brace?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buying an Avy back pack this year and I'm concerned it's going to push up on my neck brace and choke me if I end up inflating it. I am purchasing the SnowPulse Vest one which seems like it wouldn't interfere with the neck brace.

But I'm curious to see if anyone has actually inflated any of the avy bags out there while having a neck brace on? And would it interfere with the "performace" of the bag or choke you out?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the vest one would interfere. I'd be curious to see if anyone would let me blow off the bag while wearing my neck brace and helmet to find out. It's a lot of money to purchase and not know 100% I like the vest one the best as well. Super comfy. In the pic attached it doesn't look like it would but you never know

Attachments

• 20111210-185816.jpg
    20111210-185816.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 331

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Trent from Walt Healy is stepping up and will let me blow off a vest with my gear on to see. I'll film it and post it up later. :D

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the vest one would interfere. I'd be curious to see if anyone would let me blow off the bag while wearing my neck brace and helmet to find out. It's a lot of money to purchase and not know 100% I like the vest one the best as well. Super comfy. In the pic attached it doesn't look like it would but you never know

Oh ok, I was thinking of the other snowpulse packs, the ones that wrap up around your head when they inflate. I could see that one slightly pushing on the back of your brave and your helmet, might not be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, I was thinking of the other snowpulse packs, the ones that wrap up around your head when they inflate. I could see that one slightly pushing on the back of your brave and your helmet, might not be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think this one will be ok too.

What neck brace are you planing on wearing?

The Leatt SNX Pilot Brace.

Attachments

• Neck Brace.jpg
    Neck Brace.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 299

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the earlier version leatt and use the BCA float 30 packs...free standing is fine, not sure what tumbling down a hill would be like with any of the packs and a neck brace. Will have to blow one this weekend and see....look forward to seeing your vid with the snopulse vest....

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ch!t i just pulled mine to get my cylinder replaced with the recall. i think it wont, the bag does not fill up with that much force, its not like a huge BOOM and its to its shape it. it inflates one side to the other so it kind of wraps around you. Im sure your going to be fine.

just re read it and i see your talking about the vest. Best thing to do is bring your gear to the store and try it all on. Im sure for the price of the vest they will let you pull it to double check.

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ch!t i just pulled mine to get my cylinder replaced with the recall. i think it wont, the bag does not fill up with that much force, its not like a huge BOOM and its to its shape it. it inflates one side to the other so it kind of wraps around you. Im sure your going to be fine.

just re read it and i see your talking about the vest. Best thing to do is bring your gear to the store and try it all on. Im sure for the price of the vest they will let you pull it to double check.

I am doing just that after work! I am off at noon, then going to jet home grab my gear then head to Walt Healy to try it out. Trent is going to film it and then I will post it online. Someone else must have had this question before, at least this way people will be able to see how it affects the neck brace if at all with the vest.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its good to pull it, ive read the manual, and i still didnt know how to put it all back together, so i looked on you tube and did it step by step with the video and ill remember forever now.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that vest going to be more comfortable than a pac Rowdy? i have snowpulse pacs and dont mind em at all but if that thing feels better i think id try one.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and they are definately warmer to wear. You can drop a layer and are still warm. They are awesome to put on. No more looking for the crotch strap or forgetting about it and have it get caught in the track or something.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and they are definately warmer to wear. You can drop a layer and are still warm. They are awesome to put on. No more looking for the crotch strap or forgetting about it and have it get caught in the track or something.

does it replace a protective vest at all or can u still wear both?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy is that the 1st time you have pulled a trigger on a bag before? By the video it looked like you were unsure how hard to pull on it or was it harder to pull than other bags you've tried or worn?

Top Bottom