Anyone else loose some weight over the summer?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But..IF you eat till your full you WILL garanteed have a helluva time trying to get in your recomended 6 meals per day. The "OLD" 3 meals a day plan was shot to poo many moons ago. You NEED to fuel the body in order for it to keep up with all activities wheather it be the gym or just strolling through the mall. Its not just a Bodybuilders take on this diet lifestyle, BUT a trained professional Nutrionists take.

witout a doubt
one can not simply eat 3 times a day
personally (and im sure your similar) I eat 5-6 times/day
i would say that my biggest meal is after i train, then usually "lunch" and "supper" are a bit bigger meals than my other 4 meals
but eating more frequently helps stabilize your blood sugar and maintain a proper metabolisim ... which iin turn whill help you lose weight

everyone thinks NOT eating will help lose weight, but it actually WORSE for you to do that

there a lot of different ways to go about it ... but its doesnt need to be as complicated as most would think, right?? ;)

Last edited:

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad 90% of whats in the grocery store is not good for u ... isnt everything organic these days ? lol

you got it Willy!
basically if it has a label its sh*t for you
stick to the outside parameters of the store, where the protiens, fruit, veggies and nuts are located and check out!

Or better yet .. if you live in Nelson BC, head out your back door, go shoot a deer or elk & stock the freezer up
then send some my way ! :)
plant your own veggies and its about as good as you can get!

Last edited:

Hotlips

Reaction score
witout a doubt
one can not simply eat 3 times a day
personally (and im sure your similar) I eat 5-6 times/day
i would say that my biggest meal is after i train, then usually "lunch" and "supper" are a bit bigger meals than my other 4 meals
but eating more frequently helps stabilize your blood sugar and maintain a proper metabolisim ... which iin turn whill help you lose weight

everyone thinks NOT eating will help lose weight, but it actually WORSE for you to do that

there a lot of different ways to go about it ... but its doesnt need to be as complicated as most would think, right?? ;)

I agree with you on this, in July I wanted to shave off 12 lbs so I looked at a few plans and decided on Advocare. It involves eating 5-6 times a day, cutting the processed crap out of my diet and yes I am eating organic,(no more caffeine) it's better for you and taking supplements to balance out what my body needs.

The biggest part is that I started working out with a personal trainer that kicks my butt 3 days a week and I am in the gym almost every day. I make the time to do this so that come winter I will be strong and ready for riding. I am happy to say I have lost 17 lbs and my body fat is at 16%. Now I am focusing on strength, heavier weights and less reps as well as a cardio program of a minimum of 60 min a day. I also have gone on several 7-8 mile hikes to the areas I sled in. It's been a fun summer, I am ready to take on old man winter..:)

Great thread by the way..:)

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on this, in July I wanted to shave off 12 lbs so I looked at a few plans and decided on Advocare. It involves eating 5-6 times a day, cutting the processed crap out of my diet and yes I am eating organic,(no more caffeine) it's better for you and taking supplements to balance out what my body needs.

The biggest part is that I started working out with a personal trainer that kicks my butt 3 days a week and I am in the gym almost every day. I make the time to do this so that come winter I will be strong and ready for riding. I am happy to say I have lost 17 lbs and my body fat is at 16%. Now I am focusing on strength, heavier weights and less reps as well as a cardio program of a minimum of 60 min a day. I also have gone on several 7-8 mile hikes to the areas I sled in. It's been a fun summer, I am ready to take on old man winter..:)

Great thread by the way..:)

just a thought, BUT .. if focused more on training hard for shorter periord of time, you wouldn't need to do 60 mins of cardio a day
to be honest 60 mins cardio/day will do nothing for you
ask your trainer about doing said workouts in a shoter period of time w little to NO rest in between sets
you accomplish your workout in less time AND cardio is worked into it at the same time

make that workout as intense as you can, for as short as you can and you will see results quicker
95% of my workouts are under 20 mins (more like 5-13mins, and im absolutely gassed and sweating like no other
we start w a good warm up and usually work on some OLY lifting (olympic weight lifting) for about 20 mins ahead of time ... and then into the actual "workout"

and great job on your weight loss, its not easy but you accomplished your goal and then some!

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are doing heavy weights and fewer reps you are basically trying to build up muscle size, which is going to put on more muscle mass, but you have to be careful with doing that much cardio, you may be taking away from all the work you are doing with the weights. Enis has the right idea above.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to work out, then I stop and remember how BORING working out is lol. Tried many times to get into it, not a matter of lazy, just a matter of soooo boring, and not into being around ppl sweating, flexing and grunting.. Lol rather play hockey or ball hockey, but everyone else is so lazy they never commit. It's frustrating. Gym is not the place for me :( and don't say running, that's boring too, tried it. Granted I'm 6'3 and 200lb I'm not bad, but I see jiggly love handles coming and I Need snow soon to ride it off!!!!

Hotlips

Reaction score
If you are doing heavy weights and fewer reps you are basically trying to build up muscle size, which is going to put on more muscle mass, but you have to be careful with doing that much cardio, you may be taking away from all the work you are doing with the weights. Enis has the right idea above.

I agree with that... But..It feels so good to do it, it makes me feel so much better. Now I do the cardio part for that very reason..:)

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to work out, then I stop and remember how BORING working out is lol. Tried many times to get into it, not a matter of lazy, just a matter of soooo boring, and not into being around ppl sweating, flexing and grunting.. Lol rather play hockey or ball hockey, but everyone else is so lazy they never commit. It's frustrating. Gym is not the place for me :( and don't say running, that's boring too, tried it. Granted I'm 6'3 and 200lb I'm not bad, but I see jiggly love handles coming and I Need snow soon to ride it off!!!!

im in the same boat as you, the gym BORES ME TO TEARS
being a member of a Crossfit gym has changed my life - i swear to god it has
I no longer dred a daily workout, but rather cant wait for it

so much about this lifestyle and way of getting fit is incredible
and the results speak for themselves
I saw more results in 30 days going there (actual schedule is 2 on, 1 off for me) in 6-7 months at a "gym"
i am only a member and not an owner, but im telling you its amazing
expensive - depends, can you put a price on good health & well being??

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I saw more results in 30 days going there (actual schedule is 2 on, 1 off for me) in 6-7 months at a "gym"

You know what I have a friend in bc that says the same about crossfit. But I don't think anyone does that here.... Otherwise I'd give it a shot. I'm going to look into it though. I've heard that from a few people. What's it cost?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what I have a friend in bc that says the same about crossfit. But I don't think anyone does that here.... Otherwise I'd give it a shot. I'm going to look into it though. I've heard that from a few people. What's it cost?

the packages at out gym are $17/class, or $100 for a part time membership (about 2-3 classes/week) or $150 unlimited, $250 for couples unlimited (this is what wifey and I have)
Plus our 4yr old daughter goes and she is $90 every 3 months for Crossfit kids

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy dropped 160 lbs this summer by getting a divorce!

All you losers can have your healthy bodies and rippling muscles, I'm preserving my body for eternity with alcohol. The egyptians knew it and now you know it too.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
My buddy dropped 160 lbs this summer by getting a divorce!

All you losers can have your healthy bodies and rippling muscles, I'm preserving my body for eternity with alcohol. The egyptians knew it and now you know it too.

That's what I'm talkin about!

Hotfrank

Reaction score

X2 for Crossfit.
I will never go back to those boring gym.
Best choice that you can make.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This stayed at my weight this year. But Last year I drop 99 lbs, in March of 2011 I was 280 lbs by nov of 2011 I hit 181 lbs with out working out . I just trained my body to not want to be fat anymore through a book called the Gabriel method.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't lose much weight. Still trying to drop 10 or 15 pounds.
I did start running outside though and managed 6 kms in 30 minutes ( so far).
Started running on a treadmill and thought everything was good. First run outside, inclines and declines, that was an eye opener.
I really need to work on the diet.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't lose much weight. Still trying to drop 10 or 15 pounds.
I did start running outside though and managed 6 kms in 30 minutes ( so far).
Started running on a treadmill and thought everything was good. First run outside, inclines and declines, that was an eye opener.
I really need to work on the diet.

You know 5min k's is a respectable pace especially starting out like that. Check out the results from a large 10k event and you would be in the top 5-10% i.e. 50min 10k. I googled the sun run out of curiosity and 50mins was about 1758 of 39000 ppl. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom