Anyone else loose some weight over the summer?

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my trainer is pretty awesome. He's an elite level trainer with a history or success and good results. I've already got hooked on going to the gym and don't dread it like lots of people say happens when they start working out. Its already become habit to me.

Forsure!! Once a person gets to the 3 month + mark and actually sees the change with their own eyes ie: "in the mirror" is THEN when it becomes apperent that all that torture was/is well worth it haha. I dont use a scale, I use the mirror as my judge.

Grats man!!! Love success stories!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jealous sledmamma. Wish my problem was keeping the weight on sheesh! Well this year im down about 9-10lb from Jan. I have been as much as 13lb but thats a hard number to keep down. In the last 2 years I am down about 20lb overall. It feels great, but the weight loss isnt exactly going to help me sledding in the way of most of you haha The muscle I have built and cardio will though, and thats where i'll notice it. I already know weight is not on my side, but technique is. I watch the scale, but as mine doesn't usually have to far to move, I do measurements. That's where I SEE the result, where I know it. I can look in the mirror and go mm i dunno if iv really changed, but when I do measurements and see the number difference, I know it. That and clothing of course haha

LOVE working out, and once you commit a bit of time to it, your body will crave it. Its an energy booster, mental stabilizer, and forever challenge. Diet is really important too though. So to keep me in line, I calorie count. Plan my meals, pack lots of fruit and veg, dont have any bad stuff in the cupboards, or even easy to eat stuff. If i gotta cook it im less inclined to want it. You always grow and improve. I've taken a few bumps where i fall out for a week or two. but getting back at it, the burn of muscle, the not so haggard breathing, alllll so sweeet :)

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat mama I lost ten pounds the hard way this summer and have been trying hard to get it back. Almost there but would like another ten on top of that.
I rolled my quad down at alder flats in June and ended up under it and dam near drowned. Got bever fever and spent the next 18 hrs wishing I was dead. Spent the night in the Drayton hospital and got 6L of saline and a bunch of gravol but had no appetite for almost a week.
Back up 8 lbs so far and eat everything in site.
Maybe I should go get three whoppers too.lol

Syncustom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha wow i dint thing starting this thread would get so much attention

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ate 10 eggs a cup of oatmeal for breaky, 2 hrs later a can of tuna NO bread=bad! 2hrs later a shake, 2hrs later more tuna and a half cup of almonds with flax and so on and so on LOL boreeeeing

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if I was an inch taller I'd be square!!!! I had some great plans to lose a few pounds this summer for that power to weight ratio thing, but Polaris did it for me!!! lol I know it's not quite as rewarding but I did reach my goal!!!! :cool:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat mama I lost ten pounds the hard way this summer and have been trying hard to get it back. Almost there but would like another ten on top of that.
I rolled my quad down at alder flats in June and ended up under it and dam near drowned. Got bever fever and spent the next 18 hrs wishing I was dead. Spent the night in the Drayton hospital and got 6L of saline and a bunch of gravol but had no appetite for almost a week.
Back up 8 lbs so far and eat everything in site.
Maybe I should go get three whoppers too.lol

Wow!! That's a crappy story... I'm glad you lived to tell it :) I had a tree planter in the ER about a month ago with a similar story and let's just say his weight loss has been 'deadly'... (He won't be telling his story ever). Thank your lucky stars that it's just 10 pounds!!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad it wasn't that bad. But the doc kinda freaked me out after they gave me 4L of saline and he asked me how many time I had taken a leak since I got there 8 hrs ago I told him none I hadn't left the bed. Thats when he got the pump setup and had them hook two bags on me at once. I was on the seventh bag when they let me go.
How much liquid can you lose in 18hrs? I'm only like 130lbs. I started to wonder where it was going.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rather die...lol
Mmmm bacon.

bacon is fine
its better than milk, cheese, oatmeal, bread, sugar etc...

I eat bacon 4-5 days a week, along with 4-6 eggs, some fruit and a shake w coconut/almond milk - pretty standard breaky for me
this is AFTER a shake @ 7am, then train @ 8am, then the above to eat @ 9:45am ..... repeat every 2 hours or so (as GYMBRAT mentioned above)
non stop eating for this guy, its crazy

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can eat a lot if you are training hard. I used to eat (and need to get back to it) the same, with over 200gm of protein a day. It's amazing what your body can burn off when it's carrying mostly lean muscle mass.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bacon is fine
its better than milk, cheese, oatmeal, bread, sugar etc...

I eat bacon 4-5 days a week, along with 4-6 eggs, some fruit and a shake w coconut/almond milk - pretty standard breaky for me
this is AFTER a shake @ 7am, then train @ 8am, then the above to eat @ 9:45am ..... repeat every 2 hours or so (as GYMBRAT mentioned above)
non stop eating for this guy, its crazy

Eating is my biggest fitness hurdle. I feel like all I ever do is eat, meal plan and shop. I don't really love food to begin with, (except ice cream!!) so I find it really hard to spend all my waking hours trying to fuel my body... Plus, my kids don eat all the same things I need to, so it's like running a restaurant sometimes!! Twelve hour shifts really mess with things too...

Luckily, I can get a little lenient with my clean eating and still see results. So as long as I am consuming enough calories and working out I can get away with a few bad choices here and there. That said, I will not be in any Muscle Beach Fitness competitions anytime soon :)

Last edited:

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all that eating u will need a bigger track 0.o

one would think ...
I have a hard time keeping weight on
Im right on the line of eating as much as I burn everyday
without eating many sh*tty carbs (like bread, grains, milk etc..( its hard to eat enough to keep weight on)

so i rely on carbs from fuit and veggies (like sweet potatoes)
I basically live by this diet plan: (quote from our gym's website)

At least 80% of the results you will see from your hard work in the gym will come from what goes in your mouth during all those hours you’re not in the gym. What you fuel your body with is critical for developing strength, recovering properly and staying mentality committed. CrossFit focuses primarily on the quality of the food we eat, and to a lesser extent on the quantity of the same food. We believe that of utmost importance is hormonal balance, and shifting your metabolic engine from sugar-burner to fat-burner.

Our bodies evolved under "hunter gatherer" conditions for approximately 2.5 milion years. Then about 10,000 years ago we started farming and human health rapidly declined. We got shorter, weaker, and life expectancy dropped. Our modern world is out of sync with our genetic make up resulting in a population of people who are overweight, chronically ill, depressed, weak, and generally lacking vitality. This is what MovNat’s Erwan Lecorre calls "Zoo Human Syndrome" and we shouldn’t accept it as normal or unavoidable.

Processed grain, in the form of breads, pasta, cereal and most other things in a box with label, are the enemy to good health and fitness. These processed carbs enter our blood stream faster than table sugar, and send our insulin levels skyrocketing throughout the day. When it drops back down we are sent a "hormonal hunger" message in the form of a craving to have more of the same junk. In this vicious cycle, the body burns sugar, and stores fat. That is why we have a billion-dollar industry selling low and no-fat products, as if fat was the enemy. It is NOT. The Paleolithic (that is to say Pre-Agricultural) approach to nutrition is all about achieving hormonal balance to burn fat, rather than store it.

EAT a diet like your caveman ancestors, comprised of meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar.

AVOID processed carbs – breads, pasta, cereals – sugar, and dairy products.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best way to stay fit is to NEVER eat till your full ;)

disagree .... I eat till im full at LEAST 3 times a day
when you fill your body with foods that your body is DESIGNED to eat, it will do you no harm
I know your a personal trainer and mean no disrespect

BUT .....

even people that are trying to lose wight, eat the right foods (like lots of protein) they will feel full sooner without having to eat a ton of food
fill your diet w protien, fats, and only carbs from fruit and veggies and your good to go

how many times (and we have all done it) you sat down after a big meal of say spagetti, or a big thanksgiving meal, ABSOLUTLEY STUFFED, only to pund back a piece of pie w ice cream or something else similar and sweet ?????
our body has a a way tricking us into thinking we "need" sugar and carbs, when you dont
if you sat down after a big starchy, carbed up meal like that, again STUFFED, would you ever dream about grabbing another cub of broc, or another chicken breast etc etc ... - ALMOST NEVER

as you know, the plan is simple
eat clean, burn more than you eat and repeat .... the weight comes off

you also made a good point in another post too, that I 100% AGREE WITH
chuck the scale out the window, its useless
look at how your body is reacting to eating well and fitness
do you feel good? do your clothes fit better? can you ACTUALLY SEE changes in the mirror? can you see muscle replacing fat?
if so then what your doing os working, dont get caught up on what your weight is - you wll lose your mind

oh and booze .... nothing but sugar and empty carbs = FAT

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
disagree .... I eat till im full at LEAST 3 times a day
when you fill your body with foods that your body is DESIGNED to eat, it will do you no harm
I know your a personal trainer and mean no disrespect

I do agree with you on the complex carbs, fat, protein...

But..IF you eat till your full you WILL garanteed have a helluva time trying to get in your recomended 6 meals per day. The "OLD" 3 meals a day plan was shot to poo many moons ago. You NEED to fuel the body in order for it to keep up with all activities wheather it be the gym or just strolling through the mall. Its not just a Bodybuilders take on this diet lifestyle, BUT a trained professional Nutrionists take.

Top Bottom