Anyone else loose some weight over the summer?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I didn't have a lot to loose but I managed to loose about 10-12#.

Now I doo know that I replaced a lot of muscle which is a good thing and it is heavier than fat.

I haven't been this light since the late 60's when I was swimming with the Golden Bears.

Should be a great winter and that XM will tear up the back-country...........HeeHaw!

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropped from a peak of 172 during winter to a current weight of 158. Did it with some small diet changes, looking to quit smoking and try and up my cardio. Not having the ability to breath 100% or when you need to is what kills up in the hills.

Hotlips

Reaction score
This is before and after with the Advocare 24 day challenge... I would recommend this program to anyone that would like to lose 12-20 lbs in 24 days. With a lot of determination, exercise and a balanced meal plan I arrived to my goal. Thus photo was taken at the 24 day mark now I am 2 months down the road and lost a total of 18 lbs and down to 119 and feeling great. Now the muscle is gaining, let the snow fall I am so much stronger now than 3 months ago.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349753303.167774.jpg

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is before and after with the Advocare 24 day challenge... I would recommend this program to anyone that would like to lose 12-20 lbs in 24 days. With a lot of determination, exercise and a balanced meal plan I arrived to my goal. Thus photo was taken at the 24 day mark now I am 2 months down the road and lost a total of 18 lbs and down to 119 and feeling great. Now the muscle is gaining, let the snow fall I am so much stronger now than 3 months ago.

View attachment 137723
Gonna needs more pics as proof before id try that. If you don't want to post them I'll pm you my email addy

Hotlips

Reaction score
Gonna needs more pics as proof before id try that. If you don't want to post them I'll pm you my email addy

No more pics.... but I use these as a testimonial... I believe that the plan works... You have to be dedicated to working on it... Like I said I have dropped 7 lbs more since these were taken, but more inportant I have been working with a trainer to build muscle.. I am 45 and battled cancer last year and looking at the programs out there this seems to fit best for the needs I was looking for. I gave up the alcohol and caffeine and feel great....

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No more pics.... but I use these as a testimonial... I believe that the plan works... You have to be dedicated to working on it... Like I said I have dropped 7 lbs more since these were taken, but more inportant I have been working with a trainer to build muscle.. I am 45 and battled cancer last year and looking at the programs out there this seems to fit best for the needs I was looking for. I gave up the alcohol and caffeine and feel great....

My bad I was just trying for more bikini pics as I am of the opinion one can never look at enough good looking women in bikinis.

You weren't supposed to take me seriously I thought you would have seen the rest of my posts in this thread I'm actually trying to gain weight so people stop asking if I'm Ethiopian.

Hotlips

Reaction score
My bad I was just trying for more bikini pics as I am of the opinion one can never look at enough good looking women in bikinis.

You weren't supposed to take me seriously I thought you would have seen the rest of my posts in this thread I'm actually trying to gain weight so people stop asking if I'm Ethiopian.

lol.... Way to make a woman self consciensonce :) go eat some 3 musketeers and drink some beer..;) that will help.. Lol

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol.... Way to make a woman self consciensonce :) go eat some 3 musketeers and drink some beer..;) that will help.. Lol

No need to feel self conscious, I did ask for more pics! Lol

Just finished a bag of Doritos and drank dam near three cases of teas this weekend but no luck yet.

Syncustom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to have gained like 5-10lbs in three days??....i had three thanksgivings lol now i feel like a fat mess :/

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to be 185lbs of pure muscle when I worked in town but since I've been working shift work (2 weeks on 2 weeks off) for the past year I've fallen away from the gym. Its just hard to get a routine going because when I get home from work its usually a 15hr day since I'm up at 4am and get home at 7pm. By that time I just want a shower, a meal and some sleep. Then I have two weeks off and its hard to muster up the motivation to go to the gym only to fall off the wagon when I go back to work...

I try to eat as healthy as I can but sometimes thats not an option being on the road. Being a heavy equipment mechanic in the field theres times where I'm flying around the mine putting out fires and I don't get a lunch break per say. Just some quick bites here and there.

I'm still at 185lbs but no where near the muscle definition I had 1-2 years ago:( I was down to 170 in 2010 after doing 3 months of bootcamp. Best shape I've ever been in and I felt great.

Anyone else on shift work have this same issue?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have disipline and want to lose weight, 2 meals a day and get a job like labouring on a construction site. you will hit your ideal body wieght in 6 months regardless of how much beer you drink. or a similar hard job. but ... can u live with the pay cut and sweating your ball sack off ???
I put the challange out there ...

Hotlips

Reaction score
if you have disipline and want to lose weight, 2 meals a day and get a job like labouring on a construction site. you will hit your ideal body wieght in 6 months regardless of how much beer you drink. or a similar hard job. but ... can u live with the pay cut and sweating your ball sack off ???
I put the challange out there ...

That is not a healthy way to lose weight and or build muscle. If your looking to lose weight eating 5-6 meals a day which includes fat, protein and green veggies is the key. Cutting out the dairy, sugars and carbs is key. Starving the body will only put it into reserve mode and actually make you gain weight... Not a challenge I would take. With the beer you would develop a i hard mid section that would bloat. Now drinking 1-1.5 gallons of water is ideal along with a cleanse to detox your body. I know this sounds boring but if your serious it's what must be done..:)

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to be 185lbs of pure muscle when I worked in town but since I've been working shift work (2 weeks on 2 weeks off) for the past year I've fallen away from the gym. Its just hard to get a routine going because when I get home from work its usually a 15hr day since I'm up at 4am and get home at 7pm. By that time I just want a shower, a meal and some sleep. Then I have two weeks off and its hard to muster up the motivation to go to the gym only to fall off the wagon when I go back to work...

I try to eat as healthy as I can but sometimes thats not an option being on the road. Being a heavy equipment mechanic in the field theres times where I'm flying around the mine putting out fires and I don't get a lunch break per say. Just some quick bites here and there.

I'm still at 185lbs but no where near the muscle definition I had 1-2 years ago:( I was down to 170 in 2010 after doing 3 months of bootcamp. Best shape I've ever been in and I felt great.

Anyone else on shift work have this same issue?

I work and 2 and 2 camp job in the Northwest Territories, and I'm finding it tough too. I still manage to get to the gym to lift 3 times a week, but never have the energy to go do cardio after. I don't have too much of a problem going when I'm at home though. When the girlfriend goes off to work, I force myself to get up too and go to the gym. The hard part has been keeping a decent diet.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work and 2 and 2 camp job in the Northwest Territories, and I'm finding it tough too. I still manage to get to the gym to lift 3 times a week, but never have the energy to go do cardio after. I don't have too much of a problem going when I'm at home though. When the girlfriend goes off to work, I force myself to get up too and go to the gym. The hard part has been keeping a decent diet.

make your actual workout more intense and shorter (instead of just "lifiting") and you dont have to worry about cardio
instead of lifting for say 30-40 mins, do less reps and sets and dont rest inbetween
go hard for 7-14 mins and be done with it

not attacking "YOU" here, this is a GENERAL STATEMENT, but i have a hard time believing people that say "I dont have time" to workout
really>? you dont have 7-14 mins or even 30 mins w a proper warm up to be healthy and fit??
I worked in the oilfield, working 12-15 hour days back in the early 2000's ..... staying in CAMP up north and STILL found time to get a workout in 3-5 days/week
guys would laugh at me cause id workout in -25, outside on site ....... well see whos laughing in 20 years to come

people think being healthy is so hard and takes a lot of work and blah blah blah
well im sorry, but 95% of the population have hard jobs, long hours, young kids and so on ...

STOP MAKING EXCUSES PEOPLE .... get your ass off the couch or from behind your desk and do something about it

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a specific program, where I don't want to be running sets back to back. That works if you are trying to get more cut, which I'm not entirely trying to do right now. Different programs achieve different results, and right now I'm trying to put on size, not really interested in cutting weight. I switch into a burn program next week. Then it is into circuits and lots of interval training.
I know you weren't attacking me, but I was just making a comment to the other guy working in a camp, that it is more difficult. It's tough to get into a routine when you basically have 2 completely different schedules that are constantly changing. I have no problem at all getting to the gym when I'm at home, it's really easy. You have the freedom to go whenever I want during the day, which is around mid morning, it's less busy, and conveniently generally when all the female servers/bartenders in Calgary go, makes for great motivation to get to the gym.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a specific program, where I don't want to be running sets back to back. That works if you are trying to get more cut, which I'm not entirely trying to do right now. Different programs achieve different results, and right now I'm trying to put on size, not really interested in cutting weight. I switch into a burn program next week. Then it is into circuits and lots of interval training.
I know you weren't attacking me, but I was just making a comment to the other guy working in a camp, that it is more difficult. It's tough to get into a routine when you basically have 2 completely different schedules that are constantly changing. I have no problem at all getting to the gym when I'm at home, it's really easy. You have the freedom to go whenever I want during the day, which is around mid morning, it's less busy, and conveniently generally when all the female servers/bartenders in Calgary go, makes for great motivation to get to the gym.

ur a smart man ... I like it! thumbs up here!! hahah!

Top Bottom