Anyone else loose some weight over the summer?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't lose much weight. Still trying to drop 10 or 15 pounds.
I did start running outside though and managed 6 kms in 30 minutes ( so far).
Started running on a treadmill and thought everything was good. First run outside, inclines and declines, that was an eye opener.
I really need to work on the diet.

Nice! LOL yeah those nasty hills. They are a necessity for building your speed if that is what you want to do. Just remember with more distance it becomes way harder to hold the pace. I've done a marathon in 4 hrs 17 minutes. My best 1/2 marathon was 2 hrs 2 minutes. Dedication is a must, keep giving yourself goals. Eating properly when you get up in distance is paramount. If you want your body to perform you have to feed it to perform simple as that. I hope you have proper running shoes and know if you supinate or pronate. The distance will bring all sorts of nasy injuries if you are in the wrong shoe.
KEEP going!!! If you find yourself losing motivation join a club! I found this club in your area on line... About us Its a blast to run with others. And the knowledge they have will help you a lot!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to cut down to my lowest weight in 16 yrs this summer 179 lbs. up to about 186 now because a change of routeen. Plan to be down to a constant 180 by sledding season. 2 yrs ago I was 220.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a run before work last night. Was greeted at the hospital door with a full ER: ran 2 codes, stabilized both patients, put in arterial lines and transferred to ICU. Cleaned my ventilator and sat down to eat 1/2 bowl of soup before the next trauma came.
Got paged overhead stat... Grabbed 1/2 a cupcake on the way by instead.

Got 3 young kids from a high speed MVC. Run! Run! Run! Intubated 3 and then Extubated 2 kids, 3 trips to CT scanner and Transferred one to ICU. Cleaned ventilators and grabbed water.

Its now 5 am: Got suckered into doing Brazilian Butt workout with the ICU charge nurse on her break. Feels good when finished.

Paged stat to family medicine unit for crashing patient. Ran the stairs 4 times to run bloodwork, grab equipment and drugs and find sleeping ICU resident. Stabilize patient and put back to bed.

It's now 7am. Drive home and walk dogs. Make lunches, check agendas and take kids to bus stop. Crawl into bed....Wired! FML!!!

No wonder I can't consume enough calories to put on mass. If fit is the new sexy, I'm neither. ! *SIGH*

PS- I love my job and my life, even if it means I will never be a pro fitness model ;)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Went for a run before work last night. Was greeted at the hospital door with a full ER: ran 2 codes, stabilized both patients, put in arterial lines and transferred to ICU. Cleaned my ventilator and sat down to eat 1/2 bowl of soup before the next trauma came.

Got 3 young kids from a high speed MVC. Run! Run! Run! Intubated 3 and then Extubated 2 kids, 3 trips to CT scanner and Transferred one to ICU. Cleaned ventilators and grabbed water.

Its now 5 am: Got suckered into doing Brazilian Butt workout with the ICU charge nurse on her break. Feels good when finished.

Paged stat to family medicine unit for crashing patient. Ran the stairs 4 times to run bloodwork, grab equipment and drugs and find sleeping ICU resident. Stabilize patient and put back to bed.

It's now 7am. Drive home and walk dogs. Make lunches, check agendas and take kids to bus stop. Crawl into bed....Wired! FML!!!

No wonder I can't consume enough calories to put on mass. If fit is the new sexy, I'm neither. ! *SIGH*

PS- I love my job and my life, even if it means I will never be a pro fitness model ;)

You are a living breathing angel... Thanks.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I attempt to save the world from bad design... you save lives. No comparison! :beer:

I used to say I'll never be a runner. Has to be one of the best things for cardio. I'm glad I don't live in the city. Everyone I know at work that runs has been hit or clipped atleast twice in Calgary by cars.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to be in the gym quite a bit and in really good shape. Just cant seem to recover anymore?? If I do start going, I usually make it about a month without making any progress. If I push to hard I get sick. Any supplements you guys can recommend to help with recovery?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to be in the gym quite a bit and in really good shape. Just cant seem to recover anymore?? If I do start going, I usually make it about a month without making any progress. If I push to hard I get sick. Any supplements you guys can recommend to help with recovery?

fish oil, creatine (pure creatine monohydrate) and whey protien will all help with recovery
PROGENEX makes a recovery drink you have after your workout
it has helped me immensly

oh ... and rest days of course
no need to workout 7 days/week
allow your body and muscles to heal - this is time to grow, recover and get ready to go hard again
personally I go 2 on, 1 off which gets me in the gym 5 days a week

as you get older its gets harder to recover
i too recover a bit slower than even 2-4 years ago (being 31 now)

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As Enis said, make sure you are giving your body lots of rest. I tend to do 2 on 1 off, 2 on, 2 off, getting me in the gym 4 days a week. Generally on the weekend I get in some sort of sport, so I'm getting physical activity elsewhere. But it's not just rest days, make sure you are getting plenty of sleep as well, as that is when you body rebuilds the most. If you are doing lots of weights, make sure your body is getting lots of protein and the amino acids it needs. Glutamine is an important one, as it helps your body to further utilize the protein it is getting. If a certain part of your body is hurting, give it more rest, and stretch.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sound just like my wife, she's in the same field! Im a 25 year Oilfield VET and STILL am amazed how you ladies do this!!! KUDOS big time!!!!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just dropped one of the cosby's off at the pool, 5lbs lost at least.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lost 28lbs so far, down to a healthy 172lbs. I can tremeber the last time i was this skinny and feel great. Im not a gym person at all but push the odd weight here at home so i dont look like a pale, skinny, freak.....haha. For cardio i love cycling, i'm up to 40kms now but as mentioned earlier can get reaaaaaaal dicey with traffic on some of these secondary highways.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have lost 28lbs so far, down to a healthy 172lbs. I can tremeber the last time i was this skinny and feel great. Im not a gym person at all but push the odd weight here at home so i dont look like a pale, skinny, freak.....haha. For cardio i love cycling, i'm up to 40kms now but as mentioned earlier can get reaaaaaaal dicey with traffic on some of these secondary highways.

Gave up on the Hot Yoga thing Chris?

Top Bottom