Anybody have a good idea for locking sleds to a Triton open Trailer?

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off i would put a spot trace gps tracker in your machines and hide it well. Once the machine is moved it will txt/email your phone and you can track it in real time. Next go to your local locksmith. Get a good chain and lock. Our local guy has some that are impossible to cut with bolt cutters and would take far to long with a grinder.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
Took all the advise. Superclamps with locksmith locks. The kind you need Id and a professional locksmith to cut the key. Then found a cable i had for my Shoremaster boat lift which has one end looped right into the eyebolt. I bolted it to the deck ans distroyed the threads. Ran the cable through the sleds and locked the other end through the stake pockets. Locked the trailer to the truck as well. On the road for a week. No issues. Oh yeah, and insurance just in case!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, I was going to add, putting a wheel lock ( Denver boot) on your trailer wheel as well. I had my sled locked in the back of my pickup with a 3/8" system 7 transport chain and a kryptonite horse shoe lock through my track and idler wheel, and the dirty buggers ended up stealing my truck. Found the truck a week later, but not the sled.

Sent from my iPad

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter how well you lock it if they want it they will take it. Newer truck, enclosed trailer with 6 sleds in it stolen over xmas. Most of the stuff was found but truck and trailer was a write off and 2 sleds still missing. GPS tracker well hidden is the way to go.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't have the superclamps on the front, but have the steel bolt down 'stock' clamps you can do what I did.
I found a couple large dia padlocks that would fit over the handle of the bolt and clamp. Then I drilled a hole through the steel clamp itself. When you slide the pad lock through the hole over the bolt and lock it, its done. This is now coupled with rear super clamps and locks as well. For added security I lock the trailer ramps up, lock the coupler to the hitch and lock the truck to the reciever. Then back the whole thing against a fence, building or the back of my buddys enclosed.
I'll try to get a pic of the front and post it. I think it was super simple and very effective.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not really sure what locking superclamps is going to do, other than stop a few kids that don't know what they are doing. master locks are close to useless, check u-tube to see how easy they are to open, easily picked, easily cut( yes Boron shackles), hammered open. the pacakaging says they are the chit, but your buying advertising not lock strength or security. not sure what the answer is, other than the biggest hardest chain you can buy, with a lock better than master locks( crap)

Top Bottom