Anybody have a good idea for locking sleds to a Triton open Trailer?

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
I have a brand new 14ft Triton trailer and was wondering if there are any good ways to lock sleds to the deck so those bast***d thieves can't steal my sleds in the parking lot of my hotel at night. I know prime parking location is key but I don't really want to wrap chains and locks around my sled at night. I was hoping to find something that didn't involve adding a lot of brackets and metal.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superclamps with pad locks each and a big chain looped through both skids and around trailer through the wheels. They will get them if they want it bad enough...also lock tongue hitch and maybe a wheel lock gizmo.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill a hole through the framework of your trailer and bolt in a solid eyelbolt Take a hammer to the threads and use a thick cable with a good padlock.

k2-_467a86ee-5059-4a05-9c41-4fc0d6b5de1b.v1.jpg

don't park like a dumdum and have it well lit. that's all you can do

I have a brand new 14ft Triton trailer and was wondering if there are any good ways to lock sleds to the deck so those bast***d thieves can't steal my sleds in the parking lot of my hotel at night. I know prime parking location is key but I don't really want to wrap chains and locks around my sled at night. I was hoping to find something that didn't involve adding a lot of brackets and metal.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My opinion thieves are lazy and looking for big hit or easy hit so lock and chain or cable it up well and they will move to an easier target.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My opinion thieves are lazy and looking for big hit or easy hit so lock and chain or cable it up well and they will move to an easier target.

That's what I hope for. Use the biggest locks and chains I have, make it obvious it's chained and hopefully they won't even bother taking a closer look.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mentions above the best way is super clamps with a padlock and a cable or chain around the skid to the trailer.

• Recommends
Reactions: LBZ

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Locks keep out the honest people, if they want your stuff they will get it. I had a 1" cable through skids to the post and beam on my house, trailer hitch and coupler lock, truck locked,super clamps locked, they shifted my tranny by pulling pin under and shifting on the tranny! Wrapped safety chains around bumper and dragging away! Do what you can, take pics for the other scum bags, the insurance company of how you locked your stuff, I now take video every time I park so IF they get stolen I can give it to the insurance company. They were as bad as the thieves even after I found one of mine they were awful to deal with.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I think the point of the post is to assist this peep with what may work. TruDat if they want it they will get it.
The idea is to discourage them so "maybe" they move on.
I use superclamps on skis and run a cable lock through the tracks, discouragement is all it is.

Sent from my Phone while sitting on the side of the road.....maybe.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Drill a hole through the framework of your trailer and bolt in a solid eyelbolt Take a hammer to the threads and use a thick cable with a good padlock.

View attachment 180847

don't park like a dumdum and have it well lit. that's all you can do

I would do this and epoxy the threads or weld the nut to the bolt.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the super clamps with locks and run a big arse chain through the skids chaining both sleds together or one to the deck. Also use a lock on the hitch.
Like SBR says, it's only a deterrent as thief's look for the easy pickings, the harder you make it the better your chances are.
But don't forget about your vehicle, if the sleds are too hard and they want them and your truck is easy they are going to go after the whole rig!!

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
Thanks guys. All good points. Probably go with Super Clamps combined with a couple of well anchored Eye bolts and heavy aircraft wire cable . And good insurance. Maybe even a Spot On GPS tracer.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put gps in my truck trailer and sled that I can set a fence so if my stuff moves I won't be far behind and can shut down the truck remotely

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be sure to lock your trailer ball AND receiver. Few years ago, friend had a trailer stolen from Cowtown. Trailer was locked onto the ball, but didn't have a receiver lock. They just un-pinned and slid out the whole receiver. Surprised to see how many trailers are not fully locked on to the trucks.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lock my sled to the deck with a Trimax chain. Requires a few minutes with a grinder. Super clamps with padlocks too. Then I make sure my truck will not start. Lots of ways to do that. Makes the other sleds parked next to me look gift wrapped.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also deleted the locks out of my truck so it can only be opened with remote cause the older gm are way to easy to pop the locks out and open the doors

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I also deleted the locks out of my truck so it can only be opened with remote cause the older gm are way to easy to pop the locks out and open the doors

That's awesome til your battery goes dead overnight. Ask me how I know....

Had my locks popped this time last year. Lost all my sledding gear, Avy bags etc. Pop the lock and no alarm goes off....well I know that now.

Sent from my Phone while sitting on the side of the road.....maybe.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you don't want anyone to try and steal your sleds...put on Ski-Doo decals.....:D

sorry, couldn't resist....lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want anyone to try and steal your sleds...put on Ski-Doo decals.....:D

sorry, couldn't resist....lol

you must have some crappy luck then, guess your broken into lots. never been anyone come near anything of ours with cat stickers on the trailer. thieves want to ride not repair i guess

Top Bottom