any one ship a sled from us to cam

rgashkei

Reaction score
I don't believe you can ship it across the border, the buyer has to be there in person when coming across. Do a search, there should be quite a few threads on it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It better be cheap as fawk to make up for all the time, screwing around, and shipping costs to be covered? Don't forget if it's new the warranty likely won't apply in Canada.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine bought new 2012 from Montana. 700 yards from truck on first ride blew up... No warranty in Canada. Has to take back to butte. Sure he got good deal but won't be so good if he has to make couple trips back and forth. If used go hard!!

sixdots

Reaction score
I brought a sled in before. You have to find a trucking company that will give US customs 72 hours notice and stop at US customs with the original paperwork
Or you can go down and pick it up and do the above
You will need a broker to pre clear it for Canadian customs
There is a aprox $200 import fee also you have to get a recall certificate from the dealer ( if it is BRP they will charge $200 to $250)
You then have to take it and get it inspected
This is just some of the things I remember call a broker and they can give you exact information

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It better be cheap as fawk to make up for all the time, screwing around, and shipping costs to be covered? Don't forget if it's new the warranty likely won't apply in Canada.

The warranty thing, isn't that only if you purchase it new from a dealer. Always thought if it was a private sale they have to honour the warranty still. Might be last on the list though.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit no big deal
1- original paper work
2-204.00 riv fee
3-gst on it
4-inspection easy, start, kill switch/tether, brake light and headlight done
5-get new sticker in mail

I clear chit for guys all the time and also pm'ed you cost........EASY PEASY

Oh sorry and can get recall letters no prob anywhere from cheap to 0.00 and if older then 15 yrs old no RIV fee.
PS the only thing you have to watch for is trailers as some states you don't need titals and need to get it reg in that state before coming to canada or will make you unload and leave on us side..............Ask me how I know, and do not screw with fake bills of sale and try to screw with prices and paper work. I have done many items and will research the papers and items myself before I take a job on and keep ALL money transfers or payment history......Goodluck

Last edited:

trailblazer

Reaction score
There's a few companies that'll truck it.There's a few warehouses at Sweetgrass that will accept goods for you and unload for a small fee.Then drive down and do your thing.It's all googleable and easy...

Top Bottom