Any News on the 09 XP's

jimmyjames14

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone heard any reviews on the new XP's.
Did they get their driveshafts upgraded, belts in line ect??

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supposedly engine alignment issue will be addressed (vendor problem with cast pieces), and intake altered to prevent the powder bog. they figured the driveshaft problems were from bad material in a limited amount of pieces, other than that some BNG and colors. there will prolly be more, that's all I've heard of for now.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just posted on DooTalk:

SUMMIT transmission system

Belts

A new belt was developed especially for the demands of mountain riding. This
new 417300377 belt is 4mm shorter and 1mm wider for a better fit in the pulleys
and more adjustability for deflection as it wears. And its sophisticated compound
resists heat de-lamination and cord pull-out.
Engine alignment has been modified to increase belt life.
New gear ratio on the Summit 146" (21/45)

TRA sliding bushing and roller
New bushing and roller materials significantly increase the life of those parts.

RPM fluctuation
We acknowledge a high RPM variation in different riding condition (ie: 8200 RPM in climbing / 8500 RPM on trail riding, speed was the main factor) or the need toadjust the drive pulley clickers for a small altitude variation.
We designed a new drive ramp to get a more linear load curve, combined with a new 43/47 CAM helix. This setup also gives a more loaded shifting characteristic.

Consequently, these corrections help to:
Reduce belt temperature
To reduce sensitivity of altitude variation
Have a more linear calibration
Have a more loaded feeling that gives a stronger low end response
Feel even more the raw power of the 800R Power T.E.K.

QRS Secondary adjustment

And you and your customers will surely appreciate the totally redesigned QRS adjuster. Here
are the changes:

The locking mechanism is redesigned. It now works like a bicycle headset, with two tubes with sliding wedge profiles. Tightening the bolt squeezes the wedges together, locking it as solid as can be with just 1-2 turns. This new system won’t be affected by changes in temperature like the previous version.
Holes in the plastic bushing are much deeper, so the adjustment tool’s prongs won’t slip out.
You can use both the adjustment tool and a socket at the same time because the tool is now U-shaped between the prongs.
Changing the bolt head to a more common 13mm means the socket in the standard tool kit works perfectly.

Clutch guard
Has been modified to be easier to remove and replace.

Hydroformed Driveshafts
Working with our supplier, the welding and machining process is changed. In terms of quality
control, the steel used in creating the axle will be more closely scrutinized and 100% of all
shafts will be inspected before leaving the supplier’s factory.

Chaincase
The problem of the bolt heads popping off, is corrected.

Prefilter
To reduce snow and ice build-up on the cab intake, we’re inserting one-inch open-cell foam
inside the prefilter sock that pushes the surface flush against the hood.

Shock Calibration
Some Summit shocks did not have the correct gas pressure [300 psi] on delivery, reducing ride
quality. More stringent quality control procedures will take care of this.

Springs
Stiffer springs will be available as accessories for riders heavier than the 180-pound benchmark
and for those who carry fuel caddies.

Track edge fraying
We’re making a few changes to prevent track rubbing against the tunnel and edge fraying:

The track flash will be trimmed on both side
A modification on the rear arm length will keep the tunnel spread to its designed width;
Round head bumper bolts and flush-mounted rivets will be used in the tunnel.

Sag
Some consumers have been uncomfortable with the suspension sag of their REV-XP-based
Summits. The changes noted above to shock pressure, proper rear arm length and stiffer
springs [when appropriate] will reduce the sag.

But the increased travel of the SC-5M [now about 15 inches] requires SOME sag, something
most riders will get used to.

Sincerely,
Your Ski-DooTeam

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Barefooter I have all those issues on that list or most of them. Sag in suspension.Poor QRS design etc. Will be talking to my dealer for sure

Jabby

Reaction score
I am a die hard bombardier fan and have wanted a new summit for three years now. I rode the new xp this year and loved it!!! The multitude of problems in the last two years have had me contemplating a different ride but that post sure sounds promising. Good for them, I hope it all works because I want an XP!:D

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does that mean they are going to warranty and update all this stuff on the 08's? Sounds like some admitted short comings....

Top Bottom