Belt life

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s everyone getting? Had a belt blow today at only 650km on my 24, my 22 had over 2200km on original belt I did burn over a tank of gas in 5 hours but that’s nothing new. Now my belt guard is destroyed and my clutches are a mess . What’s everyone else experiencing? I’m not loving this new design of the built in guard on the side panel seems flimsy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best to consult with the Doo Laiders..........they have lots of experience with belt issues.........

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys also give consultations to Doo Laiders for Ski DOO chain cases and chains failures..............asking for a freind.......:ROFLMAO:

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys also give consultations to Doo Laiders for Ski DOO chain cases and chains failures..............asking for a freind.......:ROFLMAO:
You bet, we recommend you go in for the recall. Simple really. Ya, its just the one recall. They actually have the parts and fix in stock. Like maybe an hr or 2 and your back on the mountain in time to tow your Polaris buddy out.
You Polaris fellas know what a recall is right? Asking for a friend. :skidoo:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New optional skimmer to pull behind your Polaris to pack in extra clutches, spark plugs and fuel pumps into the backcountry. Didn’t pack enough? You can also use it to ride back out to your truck if needed. 😂😂 IMG_6298.jpeg IMG_6299.jpeg

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This season.
650km - 1st. Doo. 100ft warning. Mangled cover.
1600km (guess) 2nd. Doo. Over the bars. Destroyed cover.
2700km - 3rd. Ultimax. A couple weeks ago.
All complete annihilation.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you start seeing little cracks in the cogs and sides it’s time to put a new one on. Not worth the problems that happen when they explode.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When you start seeing little cracks in the cogs and sides it’s time to put a new one on. Not worth the problems that happen when they explode.
I did also notice an odor or belt slippage when given'er last ride, so as Preventative maintenance, I blow out clutches, inspect, clean properly, then will install my secondary new belt and inspect the other belt, if in good shape, I write the KM with a white paint marker on it and use it as a backup belt.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did also notice an odor or belt slippage when given'er last ride, so as Preventative maintenance, I blow out clutches, inspect, clean properly, then will install my secondary new belt and inspect the other belt, if in good shape, I write the KM with a white paint marker on it and use it as a backup belt.
Yep will make a good spare if you need to get off the mountain

Top Bottom