New news sharing bill.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im wondering how this new bill will affect this site and other like it, if someone shares a Canadian news link? Or Am I missing something?

News media companies willingly post content on social media like Meta, but meta is blocking that content because they dont want to pay.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we still share knowledge of local stuff? Closed roads, accidents, missing people and weather?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is only a ban of Canadian media sources. It won’t affect anything else. That’s the way they explained it on QR770 today anyway

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I read it in one article, if I posted a link of news, it will be blocked on Facebook or Meta, not just news outlets get censored. Not that it matters to me, could care less, just curious how this stupid bill works, IMO good on meta for saying fack you to the government.

What profit does Meta get by CTV posting content on their profile when CTV posts that content willingly in their own. It is a liberal bill so we all know how facked up it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What profit does Meta get by CTV posting content on their profile when CTV posts that content willingly in their own. It is a liberal bill so we all know how facked up it will be.

Nothing, the Liberals still believe Meta and Google should pay to host the links. It's backwards.

The number of redirects to Canadian Media from Google is in the billions per year, and Google estimates Canadian Media outlets earn about $250million/year from the ad revenue of users sent to their sites by Google.

Doesn't make any sense at all, Canadian Media is going to take a big hit as Google and Meta redirect Canadian viewers to US and European Media instead.

Top Bottom