LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris website had a bunch of info.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
200 miles of mountain riding with lots of wot and happy to report no problems.
The sled is a big upgrade to the previous Pro's. More power, lighter and better handling.
Walker Evans clickers, the suspension needs tweaking to be satisfactory and now that I have
it dialed the sled is so much fun to ride....WTG Polaris!!!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
200 miles of mountain riding with lots of wot and happy to report no problems.
The sled is a big upgrade to the previous Pro's. More power, lighter and better handling.
Walker Evans clickers, the suspension needs tweaking to be satisfactory and now that I have
it dialed the sled is so much fun to ride....WTG Polaris!!!

and now its time for the silber or mtntk booooooosssssst!

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Guess ill call around first. I already dont like the sound of that. I may as well pack up and head home...... Awesome support polaris has in place for all the guys willing to shell out the money they are wanting for their sleds nowadays
Just wanted to Thank the boys at Backus. I ended up there and, after Polaris told them a shock isnt available, nor is there any parts to fix it, the dealership pulled the sled off my deck and put a BN shock off a 15 in there for me. Then handed me back the bad shock and told me to have fun and send him his shock when i roll back to Ontario. Had me back up and running in an hr. Saved my trip for sure. Hats off to Backus for that. If I lived anywhere near BC id buy my toys there. Awesome place, and good people. Just wanted to set the record straight

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to Thank the boys at Backus. I ended up there and, after Polaris told them a shock isnt available, nor is there any parts to fix it, the dealership pulled the sled off my deck and put a BN shock off a 15 in there for me. Then handed me back the bad shock and told me to have fun and send him his shock when i roll back to Ontario. Had me back up and running in an hr. Saved my trip for sure. Hats off to Backus for that. If I lived anywhere near BC id buy my toys there. Awesome place, and good people. Just wanted to set the record straight
Yes listen to a local and they will set you straight. I am sure everett enjoyed the cocktail you provided how is the snow back east

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Yes listen to a local and they will set you straight. I am sure everett enjoyed the cocktail you provided how is the snow back east
Unfortunately not much on the ground. Snowed then rained etc etc. Feel like im in Revy except theres no alpine to ride in. Almost came back out yesterday, for a new yrs ride but work schedule wouldnt let me. Ill be back out in Feb. Until then Ill ride my Assault Switchback in the knee deep. Man i wish I lived closer. Might have to fix that issue soon.

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not much on the ground. Snowed then rained etc etc. Feel like im in Revy except theres no alpine to ride in. Almost came back out yesterday, for a new yrs ride but work schedule wouldnt let me. Ill be back out in Feb. Until then Ill ride my Assault Switchback in the knee deep. Man i wish I lived closer. Might have to fix that issue soon.
I think that bc has as room for economic growth

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
back in 2010 i had my brand new at the time rmk out in sicamous for some riding, sled kept dying on the hill so half way through day 1 i went down and took it to backus brothers, told them my symptoms, they told me it was a bad voltage regulator but they didnt have any in stock. they pulled one off a new machine sitting in the showroom, buddy hopped into the box of my truck and changed out the voltage regulator right then and there, salvaged the next 2 days of riding. i dont think they even filled out warranty paperwork, top notch service. BTW this was during the holidays dec 26-30 and they were pretty busy.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was transferring my axys from the trailer, to my deck after a weekend of riding, without a single hiccup. Sled was running in the trailer for a couple min to warm up, started down the ramp, it died. Pulled and pulled, and pulled. Nothing. Took all the panels off, unplugged the tether, tried, nothing. Unplugged kill switch, nothing. Checked all connections, that a person could, all looked good. Tried a few times more, still nothing. Its at the dealer now, I will keep ya posted. I'm thinking ecm, or stator. Dealer said they have replaced one ecm so far. Thankfully this happened at home, and not in the backside of boulder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boards are flaking as well (70km), dealer was told by polaris to buy the paint and touch them up. Also buddy has a high exhaust sensor voltage that came on the other day not sure what that is about. Here's hoping for new boards after the paint doesn't hold.

How do u paint over powder coat ? Or are they actually painted boards My powder coated boards have been perfect over 2 seasons

thecheyner

Reaction score
The lower a-arms are not very strong at all. They bend pretty easily but on the bright side I haven't seen one snap yet.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least they bend. To string and they bend the balk head and stuff. Arm is an easy fix.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into a guy last weekend on a brand new 155x3" still with the tags on the bars and about 22km on it. He had a build up of about a 1/4" of ice on the arms and you could see cracks in it in the area they have been bending. Not good. Poo went a smidge too light here IMO.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into a guy last weekend on a brand new 155x3" still with the tags on the bars and about 22km on it. He had a build up of about a 1/4" of ice on the arms and you could see cracks in it in the area they have been bending. Not good. Poo went a smidge too light here IMO.

We should have a brace kit ready by the start of February.

Reactions: LBZ

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was transferring my axys from the trailer, to my deck after a weekend of riding, without a single hiccup. Sled was running in the trailer for a couple min to warm up, started down the ramp, it died. Pulled and pulled, and pulled. Nothing. Took all the panels off, unplugged the tether, tried, nothing. Unplugged kill switch, nothing. Checked all connections, that a person could, all looked good. Tried a few times more, still nothing. Its at the dealer now, I will keep ya posted. I'm thinking ecm, or stator. Dealer said they have replaced one ecm so far. Thankfully this happened at home, and not in the backside of boulder...

Update on this! Picked the sled up today, talked with the mechanic, he said the TPS was out of adjustment. When he brought it in the shop, it fired right up, which doesn't surprise me, it did sit for 9 days. He said the baseline setting was good but mid and upper were not. It idles much better now, than it did before. He did say the idle on these machines are quite low, 1550-1650, so if you are having rough idle, poor starts, they do have a check list to go through for them. He also said my machine is still in break-in mode, with 14.5 hrs on it. He said its around 20 hours to be out, can anyone confirm that number? Still have paint flaking on the boards, as the service writer was away, but will get that fixed later.

Mitch_nadrozny

Reaction score
FYI be sure to check throttle cable adjustment if having issues with idle/sled dieing ect. the lock nut can come loose and loosen off cable during a days riding!

Top Bottom