Alberta Fentanyl Deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalezimmerman92

Reaction score
Sadly there is a huge heroin epidemic down here in the us and the majority of the overdoses recently are fentanyl laced drug related. I honestly believe people do it so often because of easy access to narcan when overdose occurrs. If it is going to work it is nearly instant and my brother who is police talks about a fella that came to and complained because his buddy ruined his high... Unreal. I'm all for doing away with it and allowing the users to weed out themselves

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Not that I disagree with your stance but that's a pretty controversial 1st post.....

I think at the 30,000 foot view you are spot on but it's tough when your talking about someone's daughter or son, sister or brother or stupid high school kids doing stupid things. People make mistakes all the time unfortunately one bad pill or joint can kill a kid and if the kit can save a few lives its worth it....as for the junky who's buzz was cut short, I don't sympathize.

Sadly there is a huge heroin epidemic down here in the us and the majority of the overdoses recently are fentanyl laced drug related. I honestly believe people do it so often because of easy access to narcan when overdose occurrs. If it is going to work it is nearly instant and my brother who is police talks about a fella that came to and complained because his buddy ruined his high... Unreal. I'm all for doing away with it and allowing the users to weed out themselves

dalezimmerman92

Reaction score
I agree, it is a bit harsh but if you search for Dayton Ohio heroin epidemic ( 20 miles south of me were my police officer brother lives) you would understand possibly. Most of the people hit with narcan have had it used on them before or are close to somone who has... there are not many recreational users to be seen. My own smaller town of 30,000 has about 4 or 5 od's a week and it has ran our crime rates through the roof. We are also to the point were we can't seem to educate users simply because they don't want to learn... Even telling many we were doing cpr on you a few minutes ago doesn't work. As far as a kid simply making a mistake, I would feel horrible and wish the last 7 or 8 years of anti drug programs they had participated in school would have worked

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all you can do is tell your kids and your friends to stay the f away from street level pills and powders. might sound harsh, but if you know of the danger and insist on using this sh!t....well....you get what you get.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I disagree with your stance but that's a pretty controversial 1st post.....

I think at the 30,000 foot view you are spot on but it's tough when your talking about someone's daughter or son, sister or brother or stupid high school kids doing stupid things. People make mistakes all the time unfortunately one bad pill or joint can kill a kid and if the kit can save a few lives its worth it....as for the junky who's buzz was cut short, I don't sympathize.

These kits will save lives.

If they OD and stop breathing. Someone at home can give them a shot.

These are the calls we go to. OD and not breathing. We give them Narcan that we carry in the ambulance. Then transport. Lots of times they wake up violent and mad because the high is gone.

Kids and or adults will slip someone drugs in a drink or anything.

Yes we also go to the regulars we know by name. Honestly it just part of our job to help these people.

I don't judge them.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These kits will save lives.

If they OD and stop breathing. Someone at home can give them a shot.

These are the calls we go to. OD and not breathing. We give them Narcan that we carry in the ambulance. Then transport. Lots of times they wake up violent and mad because the high is gone.

Kids and or adults will slip someone drugs in a drink or anything.

Yes we also go to the regulars we know by name. Honestly it just part of our job to help these people.

I don't judge them.

I've been to several fatal overdoses over the last several months and more near fatal calls than I can remember. At least 3-4 every week. This sh!t is nasty as hell and most people don't even know that it's in whatever they're using. The latest is spiking pot with powdered phentanol for a "better" high.
These kits they're giving out are a good thing provided whomever is holding them has the smarts to administer them in time. Better than nothing for sure.
Time to start executing drug dealers.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point on the people having them having the smarts to use them.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5466ea4673bbed74f5a358f82bd4fbeb.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hospitals are handing kits out regularly.
Still a problem with OD’s in Alberta

1f7ec94717927dc3079f36692a17d4ca.jpg

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I don't get, is with so much of this drug on the streets where is it coming from?? Doctors over prescribing, stealing from manufacturers??

Its not the pharmaceutical stuff that's the problem, it's the synthetic stuff from China and now also being made locally.

Taking a street made fentanyl pill is literally like playing Russian roulette with your life.

Dosent help that some idiots are putting it in unsuspecting places like weed.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say the more the merrier less for me to pay for, and take up useless space in a hospital bed

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are actually people looking for it because they have become so immune to the other opiates.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Its not the pharmaceutical stuff that's the problem, it's the synthetic stuff from China and now also being made locally.

Taking a street made fentanyl pill is literally like playing Russian roulette with your life.

Dosent help that some idiots are putting it in unsuspecting places like weed.
Where exactly did you find fentanyl in weed? Be specific now. No brother of a cousin of a sister of an uncle **** either.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where exactly did you find fentanyl in weed? Be specific now. No brother of a cousin of a sister of an uncle **** either.

The illicit drug dealers are spiking poor quality pot with fentanyl to improve the high. Been to a whack of overdoses caused by exactly that.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The illicit drug dealers are spiking poor quality pot with fentanyl to improve the high. Been to a whack of overdoses caused by exactly that.

Possibly or it’s just getting accidentally picked up when they use the same cutting table to measure out coke,meth,or pot substances. Chances are it brushes into the 3 finger lid the yahoo is selling and wham your dead. Trust me these guys are all about the cash and this sh$t is deadly.
saddly I’m with arctic cat m8, eliminate the user will eliminate the problem.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully none of the posters who decry the druggies ever have a loved one succumb to peer pressure at a party and OD from some cut up ecstasy or other "safe"drug. Not all the victims are hard core druggies you see on Youtube crapping on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom