A Star Tech 3 boots

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Decent quality for the price I bought a couple of pairs for the kids. The buckles really suck. They are very hard to get unbuckled. I sanded the latch down and that made it a bit easier for them to undo.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the money they are OK. The soles have really taken a beating from my pegs, they aren't waterproof and the buckles can be tricky to get done up but no problem to undo them. They seem to be built of higher quality materials than some other brands and are really comfy. When I bought mine they were the best value for money IMO things may have changed in 3 years?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with them is I don't find they have enough rigidity and support. There are a lot of other cheaper boots I would wear before the Tech 3's. Most MX boots have a rain gator but as Bnorth said, they are not water proof. Not many MX boots are.

I have tried a lot of boots on in the past few years and you give up quite a bit of support and protection with boots under $250. Some protection is better than no protection and if you are just a weekend warrior who rides 2-3 times a month and are living on a budget I can understand the want to save some cash. Another feature I do not like is they do not have a steel toe kick except on the ATV model. I do not like treaded grips on bike boots. Just a preference thing. I would wear my old Fox F3's before the Tech 3.

If you are someone who rides more often, can you afford to be off work due to an injury? Sure no boot is going to prevent every injury but I tend to spend a little more on protective gear. This year is a must after recently breaking my leg sledding. Time to upgrade the boots once again. Last year I held off but will be getting the boots I was going to get last year, I just figured I had another year in my other ones.

I would spend a few more bucks on some Gaerne SG10's, atleast check them out, put them on and compare to the Tech's. They are more of a higher end boot that can be found for a lower price point if you shop around.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you bought some yet but I bought these today. They are ok for a cheap boot but a little time well tell. If I am staying with bikes for awhile then I will get some better ones. BTW when in the phuk did cheap boots become $250 and good boots become $600?????????? WTF

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I'm going with the SIDI crossfire SRS for the different soles and supermotard racing.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice boot. If I had a need for different soles they would be a no brainer. I like my regular Crossfires.

Use never seize on the sole screws and was the bottoms off well every ride or you will not have a good time changing soles.

sent from a top secret location

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you bought some yet but I bought these today. They are ok for a cheap boot but a little time well tell. If I am staying with bikes for awhile then I will get some better ones. BTW when in the phuk did cheap boots become $250 and good boots become $600?????????? WTF

At least 15years ago when I got my first pair of tech8's,,, probably longer tho.

My wife had the tech 3's Not much ankle support and cheap buckles.

You could ride with them if you had too,,if your jumping and hitting things fast id get some

better boots.:beer:

Top Bottom