A Season with LILDUKE

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is, my second vid. Its not too bad,, like I said turned out differently then I expected. They'll be getting real good soon though... GOPR0067 - YouTube

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SOOO.....are you going to buy a new sled every year. or run this freeride till its dead? just curious because your going to be logging alot of miles

Probably new one next year,,, Sell this one pretty cheap at the end of season

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you have your camera mounted? Went from kinda pointing down to straight up .......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you have your camera mounted? Went from kinda pointing down to straight up .......

Handle bars... hit a branch. I need Bigbubby's Gopro mount.

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
Holy fawk its deep up there today boys!! and its still hammering down. Shut it down early,, its really socked in so was riding trees and took a stick to the eye!! Couldn't see for 10mins out of the one eye was scared,, its ok though. Wasn't wearing my googles because they were fogged up and that's not safe in the trees,, almost payed the price,, got lucky... Any hoo, no pics today, but think I possibly got some pretty sick GoPro footage so i'll try to get it up ASAP

I always thought those open face helmets would be a natural pit for sticks and snow packs. I see people digging snow out the face pit all the time.
Why don't you use the full face helmets? They don't fog up, the snow slides off, sticks deflect away, and there is no beak on top to get snagged and yank your head off. Is it a case of fashion over common sense?

Brentk

Reaction score
I always thought those open face helmets would be a natural pit for sticks and snow packs. I see people digging snow out the face pit all the time.
Why don't you use the full face helmets? They don't fog up, the snow slides off, sticks deflect away, and there is no beak on top to get snagged and yank your head off. Is it a case of fashion over common sense?

the front visor on the full face helmet is only a single layer so it fogs up all the time, goggles have double lense. full face only work when riding fast roads or lake crossings. working hard in the trees=fogging up. the most stylish person is the guy that can work hard in the trees on tough technical lines and have no issues.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of going to a full open face helmet rather than the moto x style. See a lot of guys running those out here. Don't think you'd fog up as bad with that setup? Thinking of taking today off,, my eye looks like I got my azz kicked...lol Socked in in Revy,, I just drove threw from Sicamoose and the sun was shinning at Eagles Pass.... JS

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think about a million sleds pulled into town last night....lol Still socked in but goin for a rip today. Almost tempted to load the sled up and head down the road a bit to get away from the crowds.... Any one want to ride today,, after this I have rides planned every day till the 23rd...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where ya at tomorrow?

My GF is coming for a ride tomorrow,, So one of the club maintained areas, Frisby or Boulder probably. Kinda want to go down to Wap today if someone is down.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well maybe we'll see ya around. Three dudes. One '13 summit, one '14 summit and one crappy old '04 summit (that'd be myself).

Should be easy to find me...I'll be stuck :cool:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well maybe we'll see ya around. Three dudes. One '13 summit, one '14 summit and one crappy old '04 summit (that'd be myself).

Should be easy to find me...I'll be stuck :cool:
Cool where you guys headed(question mark doesn't work today,,stupid fawkin computers..lol) Ill be doubling my GF,, pretty sure we could keep up though.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think about a million sleds pulled into town last night....lol Still socked in but goin for a rip today. Almost tempted to load the sled up and head down the road a bit to get away from the crowds.... Any one want to ride today,, after this I have rides planned every day till the 23rd...
Shoulda said somethin earlier, I would've headed east, been hard to find anyone to ride with, all the 9-5ers. Think we ll prob be hittin hunters tomo, then maybe sic or blu sun and mon.
Nice thread tho sounds like ya just said fak it and went for it, good on ya. Keep the updates and pics comin.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoulda said somethin earlier, I would've headed east, been hard to find anyone to ride with, all the 9-5ers. Think we ll prob be hittin hunters tomo, then maybe sic or blu sun and mon.
Nice thread tho sounds like ya just said fak it and went for it, good on ya. Keep the updates and pics comin.

Wanted to do this for 15years man,,crabs in a pot just kept dragging me back if you know I mean,, but the stars aligned for me so I went for it,, never been so happy in my life,, all kinds of doors in the sledding world and other things have been opening up for me,, just lovin life right now. Thanks!!:beer:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool where you guys headed(question mark doesn't work today,,stupid fawkin computers..lol) Ill be doubling my GF,, pretty sure we could keep up though.

Not sure yet, I'll post tonight when I havce a better idea of what we're gonna be doing.

Top Bottom