A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed to revy Friday after work. It would be awesome to ride with someone that knows the area well. Golden has been my stomping grounds for the most part. Coming with 4 guys, staying in the glacier house. Hoping there's enough snow to ride in!

I'll bring a decent camera!

I won't be there till the 25th unfortunately. But don't worry about the snow, there is lots!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I have a entry level Sony DSLR, A35 I think. any idea if the make a pelican that would mount to the tunnel? I do have a lot of cases at work I could modify to mount with my extra Linq bag

There's a dude on here making Pelican case mounts for Mountain Addiction rails. And I know that MA makes rails for doos. Maybe check out that thread.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan...with over 115,000 views your a legend bud! Who the **** is this jack ass poser clown you speak of? **** that ****! You keep it real bud, yes it's a **** ton of work to keep it updated and uploading pictures and videos on a ****ty wifi is never any fun, go back to the basics. When you first started this thread two seasons ago you barely uploaded any pics, but your stories were priceless the adventures you entail in one day are the stuff most people can only dream of. I think I can speak for most here, by stating that we would all love to have you continue this thread again this season! Don't stress about pics not uploading and cameras not working. Tell the stories of your day that's what we want. Yes pictures are great but they are not mandatory we read this thread because it's fun, entertaining, and you don't give us any bull****. If it sucks and their is two inches of ice you tell it how it is, if it's epic waste deep pow pow then it's ok if you only got one pic all day. Think of how many people 115,000 is?! You already have a great story to tell for this season so let's kick it off, this is sledding and is not always blue skies, waste deep powder and rainbows tell it how it is and let's have another epic season with a kick ass top thread that everyone comes to before they open up Facebook and Instacrap! Season 3...

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Dan...with over 115,000 views your a legend bud! Who the **** is this jack ass poser clown you speak of? **** that ****! You keep it real bud, yes it's a **** ton of work to keep it updated and uploading pictures and videos on a ****ty wifi is never any fun, go back to the basics. When you first started this thread two seasons ago you barely uploaded any pics, but your stories were priceless the adventures you entail in one day are the stuff most people can only dream of. I think I can speak for most here, by stating that we would all love to have you continue this thread again this season! Don't stress about pics not uploading and cameras not working. Tell the stories of your day that's what we want. Yes pictures are great but they are not mandatory we read this thread because it's fun, entertaining, and you don't give us any bull****. If it sucks and their is two inches of ice you tell it how it is, if it's epic waste deep pow pow then it's ok if you only got one pic all day. Think of how many people 115,000 is?! You already have a great story to tell for this season so let's kick it off, this is sledding and is not always blue skies, waste deep powder and rainbows tell it how it is and let's have another epic season with a kick ass top thread that everyone comes to before they open up Facebook and Instacrap! Season 3...

100%

A picture or 100 of Kayli is fine with all of us too tho. ;)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legend haha. Not really sure I want to be famous, mostly just want to ride and enjoy myself. As long as I have an internet connection I'll try to keep
the S&M crowd in the loop, MOST the people here are pretty decent, some make me want to say "fawk it" though.

PS: Kayli is a super nice young woman and is a good friend of mine, so keep it respectful please. She likely will be a very famous sledder one day.

Last edited:

mrsnowman

Reaction score
There's a dude on here making Pelican case mounts for Mountain Addiction rails. And I know that MA makes rails for doos. Maybe check out that thread.

i put this on mine it works slick. Pm me if you want info. Removable and you could run two cases if needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 465
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 465

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Legend haha. Not really sure I want to be famous, mostly just want to ride and enjoy myself. As long as I have an internet connection I'll try to keep
the S&M crowd in the loop, MOST the people here are pretty decent, some make me want to say "fawk it" though.

PS: Kayli is a super nice young woman and is a good friend of mine, so keep it respectful please. She likely will be a very famous sledder one day.

Not too sure how I was being disrespectful, but ok. I'll keep my mouth shut.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a entry level Sony DSLR, A35 I think. any idea if the make a pelican that would mount to the tunnel? I do have a lot of cases at work I could modify to mount with my extra Linq bag

For J71. Don't look too close at my welds - novice on Aluminum.

Start a new thread so we don't hijack this one. This thread should now be dedicated to convincing Lilduke to keep posting for this season.

IMG_1527small.jpg

IMG_1528small.jpg

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Agreed Erik! If a daily update is too much of a PITA...maybe a weekly one. It is fun to read along and see the pics. I say keep it going if it's something you enjoy doing. :beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not too sure how I was being disrespectful, but ok. I'll keep my mouth shut.

Its all good NO worries, none.....:beer:

Agreed Erik! If a daily update is too much of a PITA...maybe a weekly one. It is fun to read along and see the pics. I say keep it going if it's something you enjoy doing. :beer:

Thanks Krista! Come for a Braaap some time:beer:

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you still going to be in Revy December 14-21st Dan? Been jealous of you for 2 years. Lol

I'm done work early this year so I'll be riding by myself for a week before Christmas chasing the snow.
I've always just rode McBride/Vale areas due to my riding partners so am looking forward to seeing what the south has to offer!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you still going to be in Revy December 14-21st Dan? Been jealous of you for 2 years. Lol

I'm done work early this year so I'll be riding by myself for a week before Christmas chasing the snow.
I've always just rode McBride/Vale areas due to my riding partners so am looking forward to seeing what the south has to offer!

Yeah, thats the plan. I should be out there most of the winter if things go good.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last couple years I've been staying at the Peaks Lodge, my friend Alek & Tara Lee got rid of the place and are no longer there, so its not really a good option for this season. I have been thinking about buying a place and I still am going to, but not in a big rush.

So where am I going to stay? So I find this Basement for rent, walk out basement, really nice place, with 3 acres. The guy that owns it is cool chit, films movies down in Cali, sleds ext. Upstairs he's renting rooms out to a couple pro skiers and a couple 20 something girls that work at the ski hill. Heated garage for my sled and what sounds like an interesting group of roommates.

Too early to tell, but I think this could be my best season yet!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the wip. I wish Doo made darker green panels, like the new Cat has. But this what I have to work with. Getting some graphics made up
and I should be getting the new XM-ACE from Raptor Performance shocks here shortly. Really excited to try that out!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think its ugly let me know,, I'm not sure I'm digging it. I might need to get some different plastic....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last couple years I've been staying at the Peaks Lodge, my friend Alek & Tara Lee got rid of the place and are no longer there, so its not really a good option for this season. I have been thinking about buying a place and I still am going to, but not in a big rush.

So where am I going to stay? So I find this Basement for rent, walk out basement, really nice place, with 3 acres. The guy that owns it is cool chit, films movies down in Cali, sleds ext. Upstairs he's renting rooms out to a couple pro skiers and a couple 20 something girls that work at the ski hill. Heated garage for my sled and what sounds like an interesting group of roommates.

Too early to tell, but I think this could be my best season yet!
It might be fun

But u and I both know, u will be the happiest with ur own pad to do what ya want, when ya want

Ur more than welcome to stay here a few nights if ya need, only have Dec 5 th booked up in loft

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might be fun

But u and I both know, u will be the happiest with ur own pad to do what ya want, when ya want

Ur more than welcome to stay here a few nights if ya need, only have Dec 5 th booked up in loft

Yeah forsure Tex. I checked out those places down in Malakwa and didn't really like them. I kinda want some thing right in Revy.
Seems over priced and nothing is moving. Most the places I've looked at have been on the market for a year.

Sicamous might be a better option, except I like the riding in Revy way better. I don't want to have to drive all the time.

This guy is cool and will let me go month to month, so if I find something I want to buy its no problem.

Haven't been to BC since June, so this will give me a chance to check stuff out.

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do like the new Cat green and that is weird because green is one of my least favorite colors but that shade is very attractive.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the ski lift gals Aussie? If so, I'm already on my way haha.

Not sure how I feel about the green, but I'd wait to see it with graphics before I pass judgement.

Top Bottom