A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things I learned from the Revy Sled Bum:
1. Lil Duke is the name of the dog, not the man.
2. Dan is name of the man.
3. Dan... is the Man!
4. Dan drinks 'Doolaid
5. My vacation plan and winter schedules sucks for sledding in Revy
6. I like reading 'A Revy Sled's Bum Tale" because I cannot be up up there, I live vicariously through Dan.
7. When I finally get to go go to Revy some time, I want to sit and have a beer with Dan.
8. My job schedule sucks
9. If I go for a days ride with Dan, I will tire him out digging out my sled. Might have to buy him supper and a few toddies
10. I hope Dan continues the Sled Bum's Tale.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still have the flip phone, lol no texting pics! But normal texts are fine.
Get with the program lol, u had the flip phone 2 years ago lol
3. Dan... is the Man!
4. Dan drinks 'Doolaid
6. I like reading 'A Revy Sled's Bum Tale" because I cannot be up up there, I live vicariously through Dan.
7. When I finally get to go go to Revy some time, I want to sit and have a beer with Dan.
8. My job schedule sucks
9. If I go for a days ride with Dan, I will tire him out digging out my sled. Might have to buy him supper and a few toddies
U have got that nailed, and i second it

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3. Dan... is the Man!
4. Dan drinks 'Doolaid
8. My job schedule sucks

I had the chance to meet Dan a few times over the years but sadly never got to ride with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm somewhat new to sledding and have yet to make it out to golden or revy. something always seems to come up when I want to go, kids, work,etc, so I like Skeg live vicariously through your threads. I really enjoy your pictures and like Niner said it is a morning ritual to read your posts.

on another note, is someone going to start a 15/16 season picture thread? Love seeing all the pics

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just going to let this thread die, but because Skegpro bumped it up maybe I'll add to it this season, seems easier and like less commitment than starting a new one.

Like I said Im doing more vids, less pics. I suck at taking pictures, If any of you have a nice camera, Id love to ride with you.

Cheers Dan

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Thats the spirit big guy!
Your just a little down because your not on the hill every day yet.
Homer is slaying everything in site right now!

Damn guy thinks he knows were all the pineaeaeae martins are living. LOL

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm far from a camera pro but Imo iPhones take pretty dam good pictures. I do have a good Sony camera with various lenses and have always wanted to take it sledding but I'm scared I'm going wreck it. Wife went to Paris this summer and took some a,zing pics with her phone, some are so good we are going to get them enlarged and framed

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the spirit big guy!
Your just a little down because your not on the hill every day yet.
Homer is slaying everything in site right now!

Damn guy thinks he knows were all the pineaeaeae martins are living. LOL

I know! Im jealous, the snow is really good. Next week.......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm far from a camera pro but Imo iPhones take pretty dam good pictures. I do have a good Sony camera with various lenses and have always wanted to take it sledding but I'm scared I'm going wreck it. Wife went to Paris this summer and took some a,zing pics with her phone, some are so good we are going to get them enlarged and framed

Yeah Iphone's do take really nice pictures for a cell phone. If you have a big camera you need a pelican case mounted to your tunnel to keep it from getting wrecked.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus if u get a new phone, they have awsome cameras in them

My Sony is a 20 Meg and takes better pics than our Fuji camera lol

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Looks like Exxon is cutting our hours this week, so game is on!
Just worked a great schedule for the winter.
Should have lots of consecutive days to add to saved holidays.
Works great for me..

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you continue with the the thread Dan even if its a weekly update. I really enjoy it, last year it helped to get my fix as I was too busy working, and im hoping this year it will help get my fix as im too sick to ride..I understand the WiFi deal tho too.
Need to setup a go fund Dan page for internet

Note: "Contents of this forum have been read by the CIA, FBI, IRS, BATF, DHS, NSA, TSA, EPA, BLM, MSNBC, CrTC, FEDS, ADMINS &MODS. There is absolutely NO expectation of privacy."

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a entry level Sony DSLR, A35 I think. any idea if the make a pelican that would mount to the tunnel? I do have a lot of cases at work I could modify to mount with my extra Linq bag

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a entry level Sony DSLR, A35 I think. any idea if the make a pelican that would mount to the tunnel? I do have a lot of cases at work I could modify to mount with my extra Linq bag

Not sure if Doo makes one, Think you have to fab it yourself with Linqs system. They should make one, they'd sell forsure.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if Doo makes one, Think you have to fab it yourself with Linqs system. They should make one, they'd sell forsure.

Think I'll try and modify one. Any idea if they sell just the male latches(the ones on the Linq tunnel bag), would hate to wreck a perfectly God tunnel bag

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I'll try and modify one. Any idea if they sell just the male latches(the ones on the Linq tunnel bag), would hate to wreck a perfectly God tunnel bag

Pretty sure they do. Yeah I wouldn't want to wreck a bag either!

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed to revy Friday after work. It would be awesome to ride with someone that knows the area well. Golden has been my stomping grounds for the most part. Coming with 4 guys, staying in the glacier house. Hoping there's enough snow to ride in!

I'll bring a decent camera!

Top Bottom