A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheers Dan. I really enjoyed your thread. Cool pics and honest opinions about the different brands. No bashin which is nice. Best of luck with your plans. Lookin forward to following your thread again next season.
Derek

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wind pushed ya home I take it lol

More like off the Highway! I,ve never seen winds that strong before, ever. Cross wind too.

Wow what a thread! Lots of work keeping it up. It's easy to see how many of us relyed on and trusted your awesome info. Thank You!

Thanks! Yes this thread was a ton of work, so I am glad it was well received!:beer:

GRD

Reaction score
Great thread Dan, and easy to moderate! Have a great summer!
Well decided to pull the plug today,, after another awesome 100+ day season its time to go back to work for a while.
It was kind of a hard decision because the snow is pretty decent right now, and I have friends in town still riding.
But I have a lot of new goals to work on, so I am excited to get at it.

Its no secret that it wasn't the best snow year in BC. Makes it a bit frustrating for skiers and sledders and the businesses
that rely on their dollars coming in. Also frustrating for guys like me that dedicate their time and money to come
out to Revy and sled all winter. If you didn't know, im not the only one that does this. There is about a Dozen or
so other sled bums in Revy this season.(although I'm pretty sure I have the most days of anyone in Revy this season:cool:)
Which makes this even more awesome, cause I always have good people to ride with.

I love snowmobiling period. I don't need 3feet of pow to sled(but I do prefer it) I accomplish most of my goals for the season.
(a few zones I couldn't get to, due to lack of snow down low) I have offers to go guiding full time next year with a couple different companies.
I could possibly be fully sponsored for new sleds next season, I have made connections with slednecks and many more people
in the industry. And I could be actually paid to sled here if I want to. Pretty much my dream....

I also reaffirmed the fact that I want to be a permanent resident of BC and that is my #1 goal currently.

I will be out riding some more this season, but on the weekends. So long story short, this is the end of my thread for this season.
Hope you all enjoyed it, I was pretty stoked to go over 100,000 views yesterday. Thank you all.

And big thanks to Raptor Performance Shocks, Peaks Lodge, Hardon Camera Mount, Revelstoke Snowmobile Tours, Revelstoke Sled Rentals,
Full Speed, Revelstoke Snowmobile Club, Big Eddy Market and Cycle Works Red Deer.

And to all my friends that made this another EPIC season! Thank you ALL!!!

https://youtu.be/ZlFrK-2QLuo

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan are you sled bumming it again this year?

Miss all the chatter on here :(

Hey great question, thanks! Just got back from a lil rip in Revy and had a meeting with my fellow sled bums and long story short

Yes I will be sledding again on the 25th for the season, pending snow condition which are looking stellar!

Will I do the thread again? I don't know. 2 years ago I enjoyed it, last year it was a chore.

I'm out in Revy loving my life, why do I need to cheapin the whole experience by posting up my story and posting pics every day.
Hey look at me, I'm so cool. And it's not really just me I'm talking about, it's this whole facebook, instacrap BS culture that I don't
want any part of. Its not real. I had a wicked weekend riding and didn't take even 1 picture and don't even care.

That being said, I have a certain Hater, Goof that likes to follow my every move on here. (not a regular poster, but they know who they are though)

And it annoys this loser to no end that I'm out in Revy living my dream, so I might post up just cause; fawk you! But doesn't really seem like a good enough reason though.

To the people that actually enjoyed my threads, MUCH LOVE. Thanks alot, Im glad you all enjoyed it!

Thanks& Cheers, Dan the Revy Sled Bum.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your a Dream Crusher.............. Dan

It does look like a lot of work, maybe just a weekly up date for us who appreciate it :D

It is, I want to do more Gopro Chit this season, I have fun editing and making vids:beer:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey great question, thanks]
And it annoys this loser to no end that I'm out in Revy living my dream, so I might post up just cause; fawk you! But doesn't really seem like a good enough reason though.

Psh, I can't think of a better reason than petty vengeance ;)

Have you thought of getting an Instagram account? Lots of guys use them instead of forums anymore as it's all of the photos without any of the boring stuff. Just a thought.

Lots of guys on here do enjoy your threads though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Psh, I can't think of a better reason than petty vengeance ;)

Have you thought of getting an Instagram account? Lots of guys use them instead of forums anymore as it's all of the photos without any of the boring stuff. Just a thought.

Lots of guys on here do enjoy your threads though.

Haha me too, pretty good reason! lol

No I HATE instagram, its like walmart IMO. I like this forum because it is owned and operated by normal people, not billionaires and the CIA.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm ok with the CIA reading my mind, there's not much going on in there anyways.

LOL I just prefer supporting small business over huge corporations when I can. This is one of those times I can.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I enjoy the picture's and I don't sled at all.

I think it's great you can do a sport you love.

I get picked on all the time because I camp and ride my sxs all summer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I enjoy the picture's and I don't sled at all.

I think it's great you can do a sport you love.

I get picked on all the time because I camp and ride my sxs all summer.

Hey thanks Arff! Side x Siding is pretty fun too! I was very tired last night when I wrote that post, I try not to let things like that get to me

But when people who you think are your friend's would rather see you miserable than happy,,,well just better off with out them around:beer:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think snow and mud should pay you to have a thread again. 115000 views last years. I will miss your thread as part of my morning ritual while I'm on the porcelain office chair. $0.02 a view I think would pretty fair.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think snow and mud should pay you to have a thread again. 115000 views last years. I will miss your thread as part of my morning ritual while I'm on the porcelain office chair. $0.02 a view I think would pretty fair.

Haha, that would be cool, I don't expect that though. Biggest problem with doing the thread is I had a real chitty internet conection.

I am just a sled bum, not a bottomless money pit, so some things like Wifi have to be sacrificed for gas money and parts!

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, that would be cool, I don't expect that though. Biggest problem with doing the thread is I had a real chitty internet conection.

I am just a sled bum, not a bottomless money pit, so some things like Wifi have to be sacrificed for gas money and parts!
Hope u have a good text plan lol

Cause I will be sharing info and pics

Top Bottom