A Revy Sled Bum's Tale: Another Season with Lilduke

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well today was just the PERFECT, BLUE BIRD, UNTOUCHED, DEEP POW day on Boulder Mountain,,, you don't see a lot of days like this!

Could have burnt 100L of gas today by myself easy. Only took a few pics, but I have lots of Gopro footage to go through.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any slides dan?

LOTS of slides yesterday, I mean you kind of come in hard and stop short at a top of a drop and let it sluff in front of you.

Today it was pretty stable, how ever there is still that persistent weak layer from December so if you trigger one, it will be
pretty big.

Wow sure firmed up in a day. The rain make it to the top Dan?

Yeah it doesn't take long, but still wicked snow today. No rain up top on boulder, was pretty warm so the snow is heavy.

Find the shady places;)

Wow, can't ask for much better of a day. thanks for the update Dan.

It was awesome today!:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
G0021341.jpg

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you and your pictures of white gold suck! :) 6in of fresh snow and 80k winds here on the praries have produced fields similar to those around lethbridge in may! save some of that snow...might be out your way in a couple weeks

View attachment 182322[/QUOTE]

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you and your pictures of white gold suck! :) 6in of fresh snow and 80k winds here on the praries have produced fields similar to those around lethbridge in may! save some of that snow...might be out your way in a couple weeks
[/QUOTE]

When I was originally planning on taking winters off and riding, I thought about where the over all best place to ride all winter would be.

Places like Golden, Valmount, Blue River, Whistler ext. But deep down I knew Revy is the place to sled.

But then again I never really thought about Lethbridge!!! Haha:beer:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another good day today, Eriks turbo was acting up so I had to bust trail by myself and I spent most the day waiting on stuck fawkers,,,lol
buy hey, still an awesome day on the hill!!

God, I would kill to have your problems. Lol. I sure wish it was in the cards to come slay some of that insane snow your getting in Revy! By the time I get to the mountains I might as well just ride lethbridge! Lol

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
You can throw your sled on the deck and head out any time.
im 30km away and head each and other week.
PM me.... heading back on Wednesday for anohter twelve days or so.....Weather dependand of course

Dan, these folks need some insight on values.....
Not sure of your situation, but i call mine RETIREMENT...
Fernie snow knows what I mean..

Just kidding all/// Each to there own and do what is valuable and keeps you and in my situation the wife happy.
Bathroom renos done and a free man for a bit....... lol

See yah next week dan

Another good day today, Eriks turbo was acting up so I had to bust trail by myself and I spent most the day waiting on stuck fawkers,,,lol
buy hey, still an awesome day on the hill!!

God, I would kill to have your problems. Lol. I sure wish it was in the cards to come slay some of that insane snow your getting in Revy! By the time I get to the mountains I might as well just ride lethbridge! Lol

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can throw your sled on the deck and head out any time.
im 30km away and head each and other week.
PM me.... heading back on Wednesday for anohter twelve days or so.....Weather dependand of course

Dan, these folks need some insight on values.....
Not sure of your situation, but i call mine RETIREMENT...
Fernie snow lnows what I mean..

Lol Im not retired, I still work half the year. I just really enjoy sledding and I really just love BC.

Don't really want to go back to AB this year,,, we'll see....

Top Bottom